Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If the tripods couldn't stop him I doubt that the metoo movement can.
    The one force of nature they call by name.

Honestly thought his career might be in danger after those stuntmen/pilots died during the filming of American Made. He insisted they do some dangerous stunts during bad weather and I believe the families of said stuntmen were quite upset.

Herald of the Titans Strawberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    With the metoo movement going why hasn't Tom Cruise been called out for ruining thousands of people lives through his cultish behavior and the with Scientology?
    When it comes to religion, Scientology is the best one!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    He is a good actor and in good physical shape. So he plays the action type movies very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He is a good actor and in good physical shape. So he plays the action type movies very well.
    What’s even more awesome, is he does majority of all his stunts... sometimes all of them. Guy is pretty amazing.
    “Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Cruise does quality work.

This is America, you can be religious.

It's not like you have to hang out with him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Cruise does quality work.

This is America, you can be religious.

It's not like you have to hang out with him.
    /shrug

Tom Cruise strikes me as someone I'd love to hang out and have a pint with, even with the Scientologist fact. He's not like certain members of Hollywood bringing rabid advocacy to their "group" every chance they can get
    -You are now aware of your tongue-

He's a guaranteed money maker for movie studios. /end

*cough*illuminati*cough*

/fades into the shadows
    When I am gone, you will have never been.

i'm going to respectfully disagree with all the people saying he's a good actor, because he's not... he's a terrible *actor* but he's a very charming and charismatic *person* who just shows up on every movie and reads his lines and it's awesome.

there are actually very few "actors" in the movies if you think about it, many of the most prominent names are just people who behave the exact same way in every movie, but if their character is written so that works then it's great.

another good example of someone who's never actually "acted" is morgan freeman - he just morgan freeman's all up in that bitch and it's amazing.

i think brad pitt, tilda swinton, kevin spacey, glenn close, edward norton, and tatiana malsany are about the only people who actually "act" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    i'm going to respectfully disagree with all the people saying he's a good actor, because he's not... he's a terrible *actor* but he's a very charming and charismatic *person* who just shows up on every movie and reads his lines and it's awesome.

there are actually very few "actors" in the movies if you think about it, many of the most prominent names are just people who behave the exact same way in every movie, but if their character is written so that works then it's great.

another good example of someone who's never actually "acted" is morgan freeman - he just morgan freeman's all up in that bitch and it's amazing.

i think brad pitt, tilda swinton, kevin spacey, glenn close, edward norton, and tatiana malsany are about the only people who actually "act" right now.
    OH MY GOD, I'M LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW! #Metoo You just muttered the K-S word. This deserves a perma ban. Mods! Mods!
    -You are now aware of your tongue-

I don't see how this thread isn't locked yet. Religion is a forbidden topic here, right?

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Because he's awesome. Even his bad movies (The Mummy) are still watchable thanks to him.

Also:

How very odd...
    It would seem that one simply can't make Classic sound good, without first attempting to make Retail sound bad.

Deleted
    Why isn't your career over?

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post

... Brad Pitt...? Really? I always found Tom Cruise outacted him in Interview With the Vampire.

And I can think of so many more actors that actually act than those you counted there, not as big as those actors (however well-deserved), but still.
    How very odd...
    It would seem that one simply can't make Classic sound good, without first attempting to make Retail sound bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, him being a solid actor is mostly subjective, so if that user thinks he’s good, then it is true (to them). I agree with him being a great actor, as do quite a few others in this thread.
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.

Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-02-10 at 07:23 AM.

Because he's Rich, and regardless of how I feel about his Scientology stuff, he is objectively a Good Actor.

If being part of a Batshit crazy ideology restricted you from Work in Hollywood, Most of Hollywood would be out of Work.

True story: his front teeth aren't in line with the midline of his face. If you can find a straight-on picture of him, you can't unsee it.

Doesn't make him NOT handsome and charming though. I do have to give him that.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think he bats for the other team. There have been rumors since forever, South Park even did an entire episode about it.
    My connections in Hollywood have said he has a sort of "boyfriend" that's always on set with him that makes demands.

Because he has a right to make a living.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh