Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Honestly thought his career might be in danger after those stuntmen/pilots died during the filming of American Made. He insisted they do some dangerous stunts during bad weather and I believe the families of said stuntmen were quite upset.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    With the metoo movement going why hasn't Tom Cruise been called out for ruining thousands of people lives through his cultish behavior and the with Scientology?
    When it comes to religion, Scientology is the best one!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is a good actor and in good physical shape. So he plays the action type movies very well.

Cruise does quality work.

This is America, you can be religious.

It's not like you have to hang out with him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Cruise does quality work.

This is America, you can be religious.

It's not like you have to hang out with him.
    /shrug

Tom Cruise strikes me as someone I'd love to hang out and have a pint with, even with the Scientologist fact. He's not like certain members of Hollywood bringing rabid advocacy to their "group" every chance they can get

He's a guaranteed money maker for movie studios. /end

*cough*illuminati*cough*

/fades into the shadows

i'm going to respectfully disagree with all the people saying he's a good actor, because he's not... he's a terrible *actor* but he's a very charming and charismatic *person* who just shows up on every movie and reads his lines and it's awesome.

there are actually very few "actors" in the movies if you think about it, many of the most prominent names are just people who behave the exact same way in every movie, but if their character is written so that works then it's great.

another good example of someone who's never actually "acted" is morgan freeman - he just morgan freeman's all up in that bitch and it's amazing.

i think brad pitt, tilda swinton, kevin spacey, glenn close, edward norton, and tatiana malsany are about the only people who actually "act" right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    i'm going to respectfully disagree with all the people saying he's a good actor, because he's not... he's a terrible *actor* but he's a very charming and charismatic *person* who just shows up on every movie and reads his lines and it's awesome.

there are actually very few "actors" in the movies if you think about it, many of the most prominent names are just people who behave the exact same way in every movie, but if their character is written so that works then it's great.

another good example of someone who's never actually "acted" is morgan freeman - he just morgan freeman's all up in that bitch and it's amazing.

i think brad pitt, tilda swinton, kevin spacey, glenn close, edward norton, and tatiana malsany are about the only people who actually "act" right now.
    OH MY GOD, I'M LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW! #Metoo You just muttered the K-S word. This deserves a perma ban. Mods! Mods!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how this thread isn't locked yet. Religion is a forbidden topic here, right?

Because he's awesome. Even his bad movies (The Mummy) are still watchable thanks to him.

Also:

Deleted
    Why isn't your career over?

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post

... Brad Pitt...? Really? I always found Tom Cruise outacted him in Interview With the Vampire.

And I can think of so many more actors that actually act than those you counted there, not as big as those actors (however well-deserved), but still.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's Rich, and regardless of how I feel about his Scientology stuff, he is objectively a Good Actor.

If being part of a Batshit crazy ideology restricted you from Work in Hollywood, Most of Hollywood would be out of Work.

True story: his front teeth aren't in line with the midline of his face. If you can find a straight-on picture of him, you can't unsee it.

Doesn't make him NOT handsome and charming though. I do have to give him that.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think he bats for the other team. There have been rumors since forever, South Park even did an entire episode about it.
    My connections in Hollywood have said he has a sort of "boyfriend" that's always on set with him that makes demands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he has a right to make a living.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Cause he's awesome! Have you not seen American Made yet? I am super HYPED for his upcoming MI-Fallout movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once he stops running in his movies you know his movie career is over.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Brad Pitt...? Really? I always found Tom Cruise outacted him in Interview With the Vampire.
    strictly in terms of variance in character from movie to movie, yeah - obviously it's kind of subjective, and in a single given movie you could well have a point, but i think if you look across the spectrum of roles they've both had pitt has a much larger variety of 'characters' he's playing as opposed to just being brad pitt reading lines.

And I can think of so many more actors that actually act than those you counted there, not as big as those actors (however well-deserved), but still.
    oh for certain, my list was as non-exhaustive as it was playfully hyperbolic, mostly just made for the general point as opposed to any specific example.