Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    meh. other classes dont have to completely change specs and gear sets to do those things. would be annoying for mage to have to be arcane to do single target or have to be fire to do aoe damage.
    This... right now fire has strong aoe and very bad ST,my favorite spec for fun but frost is the best spec in antorus,this is why i must farm every day AP to up frost artifact

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Ice Lance is still the highest DPS and DPET we have

The loss of CR/LIG/OL really hurt Lance in general.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2018-05-19 at 12:49 AM.

All those acronyms :''( feelsbadman that I dont remember them all or at least I cant make the connection...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    *snip*

I knew Ebonbolt dropped far down there, but what traits are we working with that IL got pushed so far down also?
    BfA Beta Time

I knew Ebonbolt dropped far down there, but what traits are we working with that IL got pushed so far down also?
    Lost:
    Ice Lance nerfed further than the other spells were in the initial build.
    Lonely Winter nerfed enough that Bone Chilling overtakes it.
    Let It Go's 16+% crit damage.
    Obsidian Lance's 12+% frozen damage.
    Chain Reaction's nigh-100% uptime of 30% damage.
    Bracers turned into a talent and dropped from 6 to 5 stacks.
    4pT21's 20% damage after Flurry.
    2 5-digit Int procs on a (functionally) 4-digit coefficient.
    Chilled to the Core/Spellborne being multipliers on the rest of Lance's multipliers.

Gained:
    Talent tuning/lack thereof.

We lost a lot of instances of stupid things like Splitting Ice being the best single target. Icicles becoming their own actual spell rather than entirely dependent on Frostbolt damage is also a factor in moving away from Lonely Winter being top. Mastery itself being made significantly stronger than it has been in the past, bumping the DPCT of Orb/Flurry/Frostbolt, but not Lance.

Lost:
    Ice Lance nerfed further than the other spells were in the initial build.
    Lonely Winter nerfed enough that Bone Chilling overtakes it.
    Let It Go's 16+% crit damage.
    Obsidian Lance's 12+% frozen damage.
    Chain Reaction's nigh-100% uptime of 30% damage.
    Bracers turned into a talent and dropped from 6 to 5 stacks.
    4pT21's 20% damage after Flurry.
    2 5-digit Int procs on a (functionally) 4-digit coefficient.
    Chilled to the Core/Spellborne being multipliers on the rest of Lance's multipliers.

Gained:
    Talent tuning/lack thereof.

We lost a lot of instances of stupid things like Splitting Ice being the best single target. Icicles becoming their own actual spell rather than entirely dependent on Frostbolt damage is also a factor in moving away from Lonely Winter being top. Mastery itself being made significantly stronger than it has been in the past, bumping the DPCT of Orb/Flurry/Frostbolt, but not Lance.
    Christ, I completely forgot about the Bracer and Mastery changes in regards to IL. I don't know if the current Chain Reaction is bugged for you as well, but I have it up 100% of the time since it procs off of any IL not just frozen. It's a pain maintaining it and it's definite DPS loss to do so, but that talent just feels weird on that row. Two generator talents and...and IL buff one.
    BfA Beta Time

Christ, I completely forgot about the Bracer and Mastery changes in regards to IL. I don't know if the current Chain Reaction is bugged for you as well, but I have it up 100% of the time since it procs off of any IL not just frozen. It's a pain maintaining it and it's definite DPS loss to do so, but that talent just feels weird on that row. Two generator talents and...and IL buff one.
    Haven't logged beta since patch but it's very likely they just copied bracer code over and will change it next build to match the text.

The position is weird but they all deal with procs, just it's on spending rather than generating. It's very likely a "we're out of time, throw something at this that can't break the spec in any weird and wonderful ways" sort of choice. Disappointing, but at least we're not going to find some hilarious bug a la Ignite compression with next to no time to fix it.

Stood in the Fire Ladyoftheforest's Avatar

Wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. happy to see Glacial Spike on top with comet storm second (could be a good pick in single target with GS) GS is life!

P.S Still no Beta *sad face*

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    Wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. happy to see Glacial Spike on top with comet storm second (could be a good pick in single target with GS) GS is life!

P.S Still no Beta *sad face*
    Keep in mind DPET does not equal DPS. Unless the above graph factors in the CD of a spell, it just shows how much damage a spell does divided by the amount of time it takes to cast it.
    BfA Beta Time

Stood in the Fire Ladyoftheforest's Avatar
    Keep in mind DPET does not equal DPS. Unless the above graph factors in the CD of a spell, it just shows how much damage a spell does divided by the amount of time it takes to cast it.
    Yesh, am aware. I'm just excited. The talents can work with GS and the HoA trait isn't bad when combined with GS. (Frostbolt extra crit and damage). As long as it's marginally competitive I'll be happy.

For what little it's worth, given nothing's really tuned all that well, that is the top performing talent set at the moment.

Which spect do u think will be stronger for raiding?