Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Major overhauls might as well be just one or two core spell changes, mainly demonic empowerment and hand of gul'dan.

Just don't be surprised if there aren't many changes, nor expect much more than these 2 above.
    Thanks for the heads up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Hm...where did I hear this before...? OH RIGHT! In Legion ALPHA! And you know what? NOTHING CHANGED FROM THAT TILL NOW! The same terrible mechanic remained, despite literal libraries of PTR feedback saying demo feels and plays like crap.
    Actually quite a lot changed during the Alpha for better and worse. Beta stagnated a lot. Don’t mix up the two then or now.

If this was a live build, or even a beta build after several months, yeah sure maybe be a little worried. But this is an alpha with more then half the talents and abilities listed as NYI, just ugh.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Anyone thought about that Doom talent on the 90 row?
    It looks like doubles the damage of regular Doom, but does the damage over 30s (instead of 20s)

Maybe they move Doom to a talent and leave Demonic Empowerment alone.
    I guess there is some Blizz dev who says "whoa whoa whoa DE gives 50% haste to pets and damage, why do they want it gone? Doom is much more tedious to use, let's get rid of it"

Well i know rebuilding the spec will take a long time, the only thing that borders me is how will it take to start working on that rebuilding ('cause you can bet they have not even started thinking what changes they want to make, imagine working on those), and just remember that Ion admitted that D.E. was a bad design choice just 2 months before ascendance come out making that same bad design choice from just a bad indirect buff to a damn filler! Wasn't on march 2017 (10 months ago?) that Ion said that they were working on demo's changes but it needed time? (they never said it would take a whole expansion and more to have no news about anything at all)

10+ Year Old Account
    New changes look awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Understandable, but we are talking about a spec that was SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED as a failed experiment that is getting MAJOR CHANGES. Now, if one would introduce something completely new to a game, they would want to make sure it gets thoroughly tested from the start (in this case Alpha), but that is not happening yet spec that WEREN'T SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED are getting major changes. How do you justify that mr. "Not a Blizzard defender"?
    Content goes in a push when it's ready to go in a push. As you say, Demo is promised big changes. It only stands to reason it may take longer before it's included.

But by all means, cry like the sky is falling.

Well, nice changes. Lets see how it develops.

I don't want to sound like a doomsayer, but the lack of meaningful demonology changes, build after build, is getting concerning.

And this is for a spec that was specifically mentioned as a "not successful experiment" that Blizzard would rather have us "not play this expansion" and that was getting some "mayor reworks" unlike other "specs". Yet so far, the only spec that's getting major changes with each build is destruction.

Now, I have nothing against that - actually I think it's really great they are trying to make destruction fun again. Destruction, however, fell into the category of specs that "wouldn't receive any major changes" but so far had the most changes of all 3 specs.

What's happening? Is demonology so hard and time-consuming to rework or are we going to end up with another "we don't want you to play this spec - we might fix it next expansion"?
    They seem to be working on Hunters a lot for the moment, and Survival Hunter was also mentioned as a spec that needed massive changes. I wouldn't worry so soon.

Seems like Demonbolt is the new filler. Pretty difficult to say with all the placeholders and incomplete data, but FE the tier 20 effect now just affects Demonbolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm...where did I hear this before...? OH RIGHT! In Legion ALPHA! And you know what? NOTHING CHANGED FROM THAT TILL NOW! The same terrible mechanic remained, despite literal libraries of PTR feedback saying demo feels and plays like crap.
    Just to prove my point.
    Today's Alpha build...shit ton of Demo changes including ability to summon three new demons. wow go figure that would happen lol
    Last edited by MrHappy; 2018-02-13 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Just to prove my point.
    Today's Alpha build...shit ton of Demo changes including ability to summon three new demons. wow go figure that would happen lol
    This is awesome actually. I'm happy to be wrong about the rework, looks promising

15+ Year Old Account
    They removed Shadow Bolt from demo.

Currently demo locks don't have a shard generating ability at all. lol ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

I'm gonna bet that was a typo, demonic calling still references shadow bolt

Uhh, yes they do.

They removed Demonbolt, shadowbolt seems still there! Maybe calling it different for demo was to much of a work, just like changing our second resource and giving the spec some kind of pet's target switch ability, or even some instant summon baseline pets! Hope they have big plans for baseline skills, since most of the work is done on talents, 'cause this way we will be even more of a single target hitting dummy CASTER than we're now, 'cause we can't spread doom, demonwrath is nowhere to be found just like any main aoe skill (outside from hand of gul'dan that i don't consider 'cause its purpose is to summon imps) and we must be still 99.99% of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Demoros View Post
    They removed Demonbolt, shadowbolt seems still there! Maybe calling it different for demo was to much of a work, just like changing our second resource and giving the spec some kind of pet's target switch ability, or even some instant summon baseline pets! Hope they have big plans for baseline skills, since most of the work is done on talents, 'cause this way we will be even more of a single target hitting dummy CASTER than we're now, 'cause we can't spread doom, demonwrath is nowhere to be found just like any main aoe skill (outside from hand of gul'dan that i don't consider 'cause its purpose is to summon imps) and we must be still 99.99% of the time!
    there appear to be talent choices that offer quite a few instant casts to the rotation as well as options that seem to shift a lot of power into our pets, so honestly it doesnt seem too bad to me.

Deleted
    Aren't we like a week in on a 6+ month cycle?