Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    I just self-boost in stockades.

Open 2 WoW's and just relog from your boostie to main and your boostie will dc out, but still get the XP.

Stockades can be run in 40 secs with Bear tartare.

50%+ per run.
    Thats freaking great. Any other ways besides this instance?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    f you want to level the new allied races rather quick, here's a small guide:
    Since 735 the mobs scale with you, so even if are lvl110 friend boosts you, you receive full xp. Means for one stockage run, 60-90seconds, you get one full level. Later it gets less. At 60 you get one level again per run

Lv20-40 stockades/rfc
    Lv40-60 stay with those or do ZF, use Heirloom Chopper to not get dismounted
    Lv60-81 hellfire ramparts
    Nvm gr8.

Now one can hope it works with just 1 account solo.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thats freaking great. Any other ways besides this instance?
    I'm guessing he took the idea from this video:

The other instances you can do the same thing in are Hellfire Ramparts and Tol'Vir. That gets you up to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by tastaron View Post
    I'm guessing he took the idea from this video:

The other instances you can do the same thing in are Hellfire Ramparts and Tol'Vir. That gets you up to 90.
    I've actually been testing out the single account window swapping method, and it works. It's pretty redonkulous. MUCH faster than questing in most cases. It takes a little bit of getting used to, with where you can pull bosses, and how to avoid certain attacks. Ramparts screwed me up, because I went to swap characters and the first boss hit my AFK 110 off the side of the wall near Omorr, causing me to zone out. xD

So basically, scaling has totally broken leveling now as people can powerlevel in rfc / stockades all day. And the odds Blizzard cares enough to go back and patch this is about zero, so they are totally destroyed the leveling system now. Great.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its funny.

Before you could que up and spam through dungeons.

Now you find a 110 to boost you through. Even worse lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Does the invasion just never count as done since you're not 110, and it becomes repeatable?
    Sorry, don't have the moment to watch your stream to find out :x
    It's repeatable at 110 as well.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

I've actually been testing out the single account window swapping method, and it works. It's pretty redonkulous. MUCH faster than questing in most cases. It takes a little bit of getting used to, with where you can pull bosses, and how to avoid certain attacks. Ramparts screwed me up, because I went to swap characters and the first boss hit my AFK 110 off the side of the wall near Omorr, causing me to zone out. xD
    Thanks so much for your feedback, haven't tried it yet, was looking for something faster than questing.
    Last edited by mmoc66eeb4bd61; 2018-02-12 at 12:23 PM.

If you don't care for the transmog and already have a well geared character just sell m+ carries and buy boosts with in game gold. I guess its a little sad that its come to this being the actual best way to level alts if you're already geared because you can just exploit people who buy tokens to buy carries

Thanks so much for your feedback, haven't tried it yet, was looking for something faster than questing.
    It's faster, but monotonous. Same crap over and over.

Something to consider seriously:

A character boost is $60. Buying another copy of the game is only $50. And if you're going to be leveling multiple characters, it might be worth considering just buying a second copy of the game instead of a boost, and using the 110 that comes with it to run as many characters up to cap with a dual-box setup.

Given how fast leveling seems to be using this wonky method of logging in and out to leverage a single account, I can only imagine it's going to be that much faster with a true dual box. In fact, I think it should be possible(on a strong enough machine) to use the client swapping method on one account, with a main on the other, to simultaneously power-level 2 or more characters at the same time.

I'm really starting to wonder how far this method can be pushed.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-02-12 at 02:29 PM.

I'm guessing he took the idea from this video
    Been actually doing self-boosting since custom groups was implemented.
    You can see it by the age of my vid.

I've just been relaxing doing the zones that I like the most and occasionally queuing for a dungeon for some spice (they're still good xp when you do them the first time with the bonus quest xp, past that they're meh). A lot of what made leveling an experience you wanted to power through and get over with was being stuck in zones you hated, which is no longer the case. I'm level 53 and I'm in Westfall, because Westfall is cool.

Plus like people have said leveling in lower level zones 1-60 means more densely packed quests. Also remember to pick up your flight path map toys, those help a ton, and remember that cold weather flying and the like are gone so you can fly normal speed at 60, epic at 70. That's got to make leveling in Northrend and the like WAY simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    A character boost is $60. Buying another copy of the game is only $50. And if you're going to be leveling multiple characters, it might be worth considering just buying a second copy of the game instead of a boost, and using the 110 that comes with it to run as many characters up to cap with a dual-box setup.
    But then you miss out on shared mounts, toys, and if you're on the same server/faction, gold! I can't imagine myself doing that. The expansion comes with a free character boost anyway.

When it's even called an "EXPLOIT guide" I wouldn't use it. Depending on how exploitative it is I'm pretty sure that'd put you at a risk of a ban.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-02-12 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Be careful of sharing how to level. When you put it out there Blizzard -fixes- it. Let the secrets be with people who can keep their mouths shut. Last time I'm posting this.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Be careful of sharing how to level. When you put it out there Blizzard -fixes- it. Let the secrets be with people who can keep their mouths shut. Last time I'm posting this.
    They cannot actually "fix" it.

They would have to revert the entire system due to how bonus objectives and scaling work in dungeons.

Unless you use broken systems like the above questing is so much faster. Dungeons 40+ literally make me fall asleep because of how long they take. On the other hand I actually find myself enjoying the questing in the zones because I can finish storylines such as in Silverpine where I get to see Silvanas actually die.

I actually could not imagine myself doing that dungeon exploit for six hours straight and not wanting to end it all.
    Last edited by xpose; 2018-02-12 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    But then you miss out on shared mounts, toys, and if you're on the same server/faction, gold! I can't imagine myself doing that. The expansion comes with a free character boost anyway.
    That's why you'd use the new account solely to powerlevel alts on your main account. You wouldn't use it for anything else. That's why I compared it to paying for a boost.

Think about it: You drop $60 for a one-time boost to 110 for a single character. OR you drop $50 for a month worth of dual-boxing to powerlevel as many characters as you want! I know which one I'd choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    When it's even called an "EXPLOIT guide" I wouldn't use it. Depending on how exploitative it is I'm pretty sure that'd put you at a risk of a ban.
    I'm not really certain it IS an exploit. Your only on a single character at a time. Even though the character you're powerleveling is technically still in the game world, you have no control over it.

But I'm not going to read through the entire EULA to find out. People have been doing this technique for awhile now. It's not a new thing by any measure. And worst case scenario, you just do like I suggested above: Pay for a 2nd account rather than a regular boost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Unless you use broken systems like the above questing is so much faster. Dungeons 40+ literally make me fall asleep because of how long they take. On the other hand I actually find myself enjoying the questing in the zones because I can finish storylines such as in Silverpine where I get to see Silvanas actually die.

I actually could not imagine myself doing that dungeon exploit for six hours straight and not wanting to end it all.
    Oh there's definitely a tradeoff here. Speed for enjoyment. The new scaling and pacing of questing is much more enjoyable in my opinion. As you quest you can take a completely different path to 90. One character can go through Westfall, Duskwood, and down through STV. Another can head up north through Wetlands, Arathi, and the Plaguelands. One time you can go through TBC, another time through WotLK.

I think it's great!

But on the other hand, there are people who really don't give a crap about any of that, and just want speed. For them the dungeon spamming is definitely going to get them what they want.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-02-12 at 11:34 PM.

I messed up and used the Wormhole toy before creating it on a 110 and now can't use it on the toon I'm leveling. Why always me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I messed up and used the Wormhole toy before creating it on a 110 and now can't use it on the toon I'm leveling. Why always me
    It was patched like 40 or so mins ago. Low levels can't interact with Invasion Point portals anymore and the toy now requires 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    It was patched like 40 or so mins ago. Low levels can't interact with Invasion Point portals anymore and the toy now requires 110.
    Now I don't feel like such an idiot, cheers! Guess I was too late to take advantage of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It became widespread to the point that the players the content was intended for were having trouble doing Invasion Points.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    It became widespread to the point that the players the content was intended for were having trouble doing Invasion Points.
    It exploded after people started posting about it on the OF