Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    To me fury's identity is with 1handers.. I played vanilla and TBC as fury with 1handers. I would prefer it to be back to how it was. I've never liked TG since it was introduced in wotlk.
    I also played warriors since vanilla, but ever since TG was introduced it became the default for me. It fits Fury's raging barbarian archetype far more than one-handers. Albeit as I said I wouldn't mind SMF making a comeback so long as it balanced to be TG's equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I also played warriors since vanilla, but ever since TG was introduced it became the default for me. It fits Fury's raging barbarian archetype far more than one-handers. Albeit as I said I wouldn't mind SMF making a comeback so long as it balanced to be TG's equal.
    Does it though? Barbarian's don't dual wield two-handed weapons as an integral part of their archetype at all.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It would be nice to have it back as an option i agree as long as they could balance the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    At least make it an option.

Wielding dual two handers has always looked goofy as ****. It also means we can't even take advantage of the cool 1 hander transmogs, like an Orc warrior using the Warcraft movie axe.
    There's a lot of things Blizz needs to do.

SMF for warriors, a fury warrior dual wielded 2 handers is like an upgraded version of arms. Fury is the "pick up 2 one handed weapons and wildly swing at everything around until one of you dies" spec, and arms is the slow tactical fighter spec.

2 hand for Frost and dual wield for unholy. Frost is supposed to be the juggernaught who doesn't move fast, but when he reaches you, you're gonna die. Like in the Halls of Reflection. Where unholy should be the DW spec, quick agile attacks like his ghouls do.

The list goes on.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2018-02-17 at 01:20 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

band-aid fix to let fury mog 2hers to 1hers????

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Does it though? Barbarian's don't dual wield two-handed weapons as an integral part of their archetype at all.
    They tend to use big weapons, though. And since everything is bigger in WoW, they dual wield big weapons here. I dunno, I think it's both fitting and unique.

Blizzard could also just do this the lazy way and allow Fury to mog 2hs into 1hs. This game needs more mog options in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Have you ever heard of the concept of 'over compensating for something'?
    Yeah, not being in the food chain anymore.

To me fury's identity is with 1handers.. I played vanilla and TBC as fury with 1handers. I would prefer it to be back to how it was. I've never liked TG since it was introduced in wotlk.
    I don't know, for me Fury dual-wielding 2 handers is what makes it so special. Even among other MMO's or RPG's, it's rather unique. 1H on the other hand are just boring. I'd rather play a Rogue.

I guess in the end I'm okay for Blizzard to allow it, but TG should always be the strongest one. I don't think they will bring it back though, as it means they will need to balance it. Although with the change in damage calculation, it might not matter anymore. If it is (haven't read too much about it), then yeah, sure, bring back SMF for the people who want.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he gets Single-Minded Fury, I want Gladiator Stance back as well! I may be the only person who enjoyed it, but idc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    I like single minded fury as well but realistically there wouldnt be any gameplay difference besides the visuals, that being said... I think the option to let fury xmog their 2 handers into 1 handers would be a fine solution, as the only difference is the look of it... I miss being able to dual wield wrathful gladiator 1 handed axes on my warrior, it went so well with my mog.
    I played Fury in Vanilla, and at that time of course Fury then is SMF now. I also played SMF when it didn't suck in Black Wing Decent first tier of Cata. If you have played SMF you know there are definite differences, most importantly, the pace of the game. SMF is a much faster paced game, and Fury is not really Fury with Titans Grip. Titans Grip a slowed down version of Fury where you really are't fury at all, because Fury was fury becasue speed of play was so much faster than Arms. Certianly the first half of Legion Arms had much higher APM than Fury's TG did, which was an abomination to the class fantasy for us old timers that have been playing Wow since Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

I always wished there was a thumbs up or + option on MMO because I totally agree. TG is so slow that I don't know why it's called Fury. Really the problem is that anyone who has been playing Blizzard games long enough knows where the Fury concept came from, that would be Diablo II. If you played Diablo II you know just how fast paced Fury played with 2h weapons. For every consecutive swing that landed the attack speed was increased up to 5 hits, but fury's intital weapon damage was halfed to make up for the extreme speed gains. I was stoked when TG was first talked about, but when I found out how much slower it played I was disillusioned and thought "This is not actually fury, this is something else".

How many people remember SMF Pie Chart for damage? Remember where your largest % of the damage came from or why Fury was Fury? Anyone remember why 33% crit was a must for Fury? Anyone remember when Blizzard neutered Fury when it did away with old school Flury.

Really without the original Flury talent SMF would not even feel like SMF anymore. Remember that guys it makes a huge difference without it.
    Last edited by Valkaneer; 2018-02-17 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I want SMF back aswell. I've missed it.

If they wont do that, atleast let me mog 1h over the 2h as TG.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    I would love to see titans grip moved to Prot Warriors for Spear + Shield!!

But yes, I really hate Titans grip on fury... It just looks stupid.

It's stupid to say fury's identity is titan grip when it was introduced only after 2 expansions...
    Several issues with titan grip, first of all it looks silly, holding a giant weapon with 1 hand just doesn't look right, 2nd one is gameplay, slow 2 handers make you rage flow sequential rather than almost continuous, lead to awkward situations where you'll have to wait for the next melee to go to 100 rage for example, and that's part of why i don't enjoy legion's fury gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have preferred the option to transmogrify two handers into one handers and vice versa., that way it would solve any transmogrification issues. Apart from that. It's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    At least make it an option.

Wielding dual two handers has always looked goofy as ****. It also means we can't even take advantage of the cool 1 hander transmogs, like an Orc warrior using the Warcraft movie axe.
    not sure if you have seen the new AP scaling on abilities instead of wep dmg, but that seems a step in the right direction for bringing back SMF and 2H frost

Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    Yeah, not being in the food chain anymore.
    You sound like the kind of guy that wears combat fatigues when you go to Walmart to 'hunt' your meat in the freezer section

You sound like the kind of guy that wears combat fatigues when you go to Walmart to 'hunt' your meat in the freezer section
    I'll have to trust you on that since apparently you're the Walmart expert.

I mean once you pass the age of about 10 the image of a tauren warrior with growth effects wielding the biggest two handers you can find wearing the biggest armour you can find riding on the biggest mount you can find stops being cool and just looks cringe.
    Should be only a couple years after that that "You like this thing I don't so you must be a child" starts looking even more cringe.
    Last edited by Alidfe; 2018-02-17 at 10:34 PM.

How many people remember SMF Pie Chart for damage? Remember where your largest % of the damage came from or why Fury was Fury? Anyone remember why 33% crit was a must for Fury? Anyone remember when Blizzard neutered Fury when it did away with old school Flury.

Really without the original Flury talent SMF would not even feel like SMF anymore. Remember that guys it makes a huge difference without it.
    Even the nerfed BFA enrage is an equal swing boost to flurry, discounting further adjustments. And with the spec being GCD-locked from day 1 I don’t know how you can accuse it of feeling too slow. When I screw around with fury during bloodlust my UI literally can’t keep up with the speed at which I’m supposed to be using skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    I played Fury in Vanilla, and at that time of course Fury then is SMF now. I also played SMF when it didn't suck in Black Wing Decent first tier of Cata. If you have played SMF you know there are definite differences, most importantly, the pace of the game. SMF is a much faster paced game, and Fury is not really Fury with Titans Grip. Titans Grip a slowed down version of Fury where you really are't fury at all, because Fury was fury becasue speed of play was so much faster than Arms. Certianly the first half of Legion Arms had much higher APM than Fury's TG did, which was an abomination to the class fantasy for us old timers that have been playing Wow since Vanilla.[/B]
    Maybe in the past sure but its been so long, SMF in MoP and WoD was not really any different then titans grip, more or less the same experience.. which is why they prob decided to get rid of it in legion and keep TG because its unique.