Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I mean once you pass the age of about 10 the image of a tauren warrior with growth effects wielding the biggest two handers you can find wearing the biggest armour you can find riding on the biggest mount you can find stops being cool and just looks cringe.
    Should be only a couple years after that that "You like this thing I don't so you must be a child" starts looking even more cringe.
    Last edited by Alidfe; Yesterday at 10:34 PM.

How many people remember SMF Pie Chart for damage? Remember where your largest % of the damage came from or why Fury was Fury? Anyone remember why 33% crit was a must for Fury? Anyone remember when Blizzard neutered Fury when it did away with old school Flury.

Really without the original Flury talent SMF would not even feel like SMF anymore. Remember that guys it makes a huge difference without it.
    Even the nerfed BFA enrage is an equal swing boost to flurry, discounting further adjustments. And with the spec being GCD-locked from day 1 I don’t know how you can accuse it of feeling too slow. When I screw around with fury during bloodlust my UI literally can’t keep up with the speed at which I’m supposed to be using skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    I played Fury in Vanilla, and at that time of course Fury then is SMF now. I also played SMF when it didn't suck in Black Wing Decent first tier of Cata. If you have played SMF you know there are definite differences, most importantly, the pace of the game. SMF is a much faster paced game, and Fury is not really Fury with Titans Grip. Titans Grip a slowed down version of Fury where you really are't fury at all, because Fury was fury becasue speed of play was so much faster than Arms. Certianly the first half of Legion Arms had much higher APM than Fury's TG did, which was an abomination to the class fantasy for us old timers that have been playing Wow since Vanilla.[/B]
    Maybe in the past sure but its been so long, SMF in MoP and WoD was not really any different then titans grip, more or less the same experience.. which is why they prob decided to get rid of it in legion and keep TG because its unique.

So what would the difference between 1h and 2h be then? Just transmogrify your weapons into the shitty small 2handers that exists

Simple, problem solved.

There's probably no gameplay reasons to bring it back; But like 9/10 two-handers look extremely stupid when used with one hand. I made a proposal in Legion beta (that was, of course, ignored) -- to create a new weapon class called 'Bastard Sword' just for fury artifact, and make it t-moggable into both 1handers and 2-handers.

PS many one-handers now are as big, if not bigger than two-handers. Case in point -- Prot Warrior artifact vs Arms Warrior artifact (base skin). Prot one hander is BIGGER. Why? No clue; But it's a fact, so the 'one handers look wimpy' argument doesn't even fly any more.

Titan's Grip is the whole reason I went Fury with my War in the first place. Making SMF as an option would be fine, but that's just one more thing they'd need to balance. On top of that, the lore aspect of someone dual wielding two massive 2h weapons doing the same or comparable damage as someone with two measly 1h weapons is...well, laughable to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    Maybe in the past sure but its been so long, SMF in MoP and WoD was not really any different then titans grip, more or less the same experience.. which is why they prob decided to get rid of it in legion and keep TG because its unique.
    That is because they nerfed it because they seemingly didn't want SMF to be as good or better than TG. After they removed the speed from Flurry (which is was Furys defining talent), Fury became blah. That's when I stopped playing it. It's kind of the day my Warrior died, I have a rule I always play by for my main, and that is that I like 2 out of 3 specs. If not it's not my main. While Prot is alright, you can only have 2 per raid, and LFR is well the suck for prot, I won't do it. So with the Flurry change my warrior kind of died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Titan's Grip is the whole reason I went Fury with my War in the first place. Making SMF as an option would be fine, but that's just one more thing they'd need to balance. On top of that, the lore aspect of someone dual wielding two massive 2h weapons doing the same or comparable damage as someone with two measly 1h weapons is...well, laughable to say the least.
    Not at all, when I swing 2 x your speed I do the same amount of damage. How I look at it is more like "when someone swings at half my speed and does comparable damage it's laughable....."

Hold on I hear an Outlaw rogue coughing over there...

the lore aspect of someone dual wielding two massive 2h weapons doing the same or comparable damage as someone with two measly 1h weapons is...well, laughable to say the least.
    I counter your 'lore' argument with a 'realism' argument. Swinging two swords IRL won't do 'more' damage than swinging one sword. Just like increasing the size of a sword won't make it that much deadlier, if the swordsman is skilled enough to use it. Both those tropes were created by videogames; The main advantage of bigger weapons is reach, which is also why you use them with both hands -- unless you go something like spartan style spear + shield. One hand simply won't have as much effective reach regardless of how big a sword you'll take; Plus, using bigger weapons means that you'll take more time to recover your balance after you strike or miss, leading to a reasonable outcome of someone with more 'reasonably' sized weapons able to cut off both your arms while you raise them for another swing.

I could also bring up how IRL dual wielding wasn't a real thing and 9/10 times it happened you'd use a dagger in the offhand to parry and distract your opponent, rather than another massive weapon which will most likely just make you confused and dead quicker than if you'd focused on swinging one sword properly.

/Weapon rant over

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I counter your 'lore' argument with a 'realism' argument. Swinging two swords IRL won't do 'more' damage than swinging one sword. Just like increasing the size of a sword won't make it that much deadlier, if the swordsman is skilled enough to use it. Both those tropes were created by videogames; The main advantage of bigger weapons is reach, which is also why you use them with both hands -- unless you go something like spartan style spear + shield. One hand simply won't have as much effective reach regardless of how big a sword you'll take; Plus, using bigger weapons means that you'll take more time to recover your balance after you strike or miss, leading to a reasonable outcome of someone with more 'reasonably' sized weapons able to cut off both your arms while you raise them for another swing.

I could also bring up how IRL dual wielding wasn't a real thing and 9/10 times it happened you'd use a dagger in the offhand to parry and distract your opponent, rather than another massive weapon which will most likely just make you confused and dead quicker than if you'd focused on swinging one sword properly.

/Weapon rant over
    I agree with everything, but the other advantage, aside from reach, bigger weapons have, is the weight. But they are a lot slower.