Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Favorite Winter Olympics Event?

It's too bad the Winter Olympics' most popular sport is figure skating, because watching crazy people fly through snow and ice at suicidal speeds is a lot more entertaining.

I live to watch the Super G.

Women’s Super G: Feb. 16 at 9 p.m. ET

Men’s Super G: Feb. 14 at 9 p.m. ET

15+ Year Old Account
    ice hockey
    biathlon
    cross country skiing
    the rest I'm not interested in at all
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Mostly in Speed skating and shorttrack (only thing we Dutchies are good in at the Winter Olympics). Spectaculair to watch are the board disciplines slope style, big air, board cross and ski cross.

The Luge ..looks awesome fun travelling at 130kmh (80mph) down an ice track on your back.

Bobsleigh... Also looks fun.. GO JAMAICA in the Bobsleigh... Cool Runnings

Ski Jumps....amazing the twists & turns they do while mid air

Deleted
    Apparently there's a sport called ski cross where four people slide down a hill at once. That sounds like fun. Aside from that ice hockey, but we're not getting proper ice hockey this year so fuck it all. Outside of those the winter Olympics is like the summer Olympics if every event was equestrian. Well-off middle-class people who went on skiing holidays, unless you happen to be from some frozen hellhole where it's your only way of getting to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant figure out why the US isn't winning at Biathlon. Hello guns!

Maybe our love of guns is overcome by our disdain for aerobic exercise

I enjoy watching some of the skiing events, pairs figure skating, hockey, and the occasional speed skating. I enjoy summer Olympics much more. It feels like a higher percentage of the events, at winter, use subjective scoring (judges deciding what looked better rather than a less biased score/time) and that makes it harder for me to get invested into them.

I like the sport where a bunch of rich white people get together and do a bunch of weird shit nobody really understands, and then pat themselves on the back for being world-class athletes for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I like the sport where a bunch of rich white people get together and do a bunch of weird shit nobody really understands, and then pat themselves on the back for being world-class athletes for it.
    So many flavors and you choose salty :P
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Speed skating, ski jumping and hockey.

I like curling. I still have no idea how the hell it works, but I like watching the people yell "SWEEP HARDER!!!"

Deleted
    Most events but figure skating are reasonably okay. Figure skating is basically ballet, which already nobody likes. On Ice. By people who attached metal blades to their foot. Curling on the other hand unironically is interesting to watch.

Still given the wierd times, I will miss virtually all of these Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I cant figure out why the US isn't winning at Biathlon. Hello guns!

Maybe our love of guns is overcome by our disdain for aerobic exercise
    No funding. The Nordic countries’ athletes are well funded by the states. They don’t have to try to work part time (or full time) while training. If they medal, they get land and house from the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the team figure skating, it was a more interesting wrinkle for those events, but the answer is hockey.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mens half pipe is usually fucking nuts

10+ Year Old Account
    Snowboarding, half pipe AND slopestyle. Also, ice skating.

which yesterday's qualifications for men's halfpipe was fun. White throws it down, then the Japanese dude tops him, then Aussie tops him, then White goes "Im the King now" and pulls a 98. In qualifications.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda biased but i mostly watch Iceskatting :P
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Ski jumping

Used to be a competitive skater - oddly enough - rarely watch it much anymore (although I did watch the pairs tonight since the bronze medalist is from just outside my hometown and I judged her when she was young ) Love Skeleton , find biathlon fascinating - and hockey of course!

Curling all the way! Especially the new mixed doubles event, which makes the sport more accessible for people with a lower attention span - cuts 3 hour matches down to like 1.5 hrs, and lots more scoring and rocks in play.