Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Having experience with BDK, Prot Warriors and Prot Pallys, Blood is by far the simplist rotation. Like playing the melee version of BM hunters tbh. If easy rotation is the factor for causual tanks, Blood is definetly up there (if not the easiest). Can't speak for Monks, Bears or VDH.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    My beef with Blood DK, is similar to Frost DK, a boring rotation.

My main rotation goes like; DnD, then Blood Boil, then Morrowrend to 7 or so, then what I call the typical rotation of a combo of 1 XBlood Boil + 2 or 3 X Heart Strikes, + 1 X Death Strike, and rinse repeat that mostly of 1 BB + 2 HS + 1 DS + DnD when it procs + keeping Morrow up. I use Vampire when needed.

But I seem to run into cool down issues, where Heart Strike will be on CD, and no DS's available, and the rotation or whatever we call it today, seems to get muddy and slow sometimes. I just wish it was a fast easy smooth of Blood Boil + 2 or 3 Heart Strikes + 1 Death Strike, rinse and repeat and never miss a beat, no cool dowsn ever, I find the cool downs to be so annoying and frustrating.
    Stack more haste, and the rotation becomes much more fluid for Blood. Low haste makes Blood a painful spec, whereas with high haste you always have something to press.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylad View Post
    Stack more haste, and the rotation becomes much more fluid for Blood. Low haste makes Blood a painful spec, whereas with high haste you always have something to press.
    Thanks, I think I'm currently at like 45% or 50% Haste ? Does it need to be like 60+.

Sorry I'm at 52% Haste, but that's in Frost mode, and with Frost gear on, not sure my Haste in Blood mode, I'm not at home to see my character
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2018-02-14 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks, I think I'm currently at like 45% or 50% Haste ? Does it need to be like 60+.

Sorry I'm at 52% Haste, but that's in Frost mode, and with Frost gear on, not sure my Haste in Blood mode, I'm not at home to see my character
    If you have that same amount in Blood spec, you'll gain an additional 10% if you have your Boneshield stacks up. That should be plenty of haste to have a fluid rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're casual, your best bet is to just play whichever one you enjoy playing the most. All the tanks perform well at the casual levels of the game.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    If you're casual, your best bet is to just play whichever one you enjoy playing the most. All the tanks perform well at the casual levels of the game.
    Yep, to the millionth percent.
    Outside of cutting-edge progression, you can literally just pick whatever you think's the coolest tank and it will work. If you play a "sub-optimal" class that you enjoy, you're probably going to perform better than playing an "optimal" class you don't like.

Tanking offers so much variety:
    You can transform into a bear and smash enemies with your bear hands, smash your enemies and heal yourself with demonic power, smash your enemies and heal yourself with undead power, drink yourself to safety, smash your enemies and heal yourself with holy power, or be so angry that enemies can't hurt you.

Every class is great in some ways and terrible in other ways. DK and Pally are probably the two kings of M+, although Druid's in that mix. You truly can't go wrong either way, so just do whatever's making you happiest in the moment!

No sense having two tanks
    Tank players usually have multiple tank classes, many of them play all the tanks in game. I play tank as alt role and still have 2 tanks (vdh, pala).
    I was also playing blood DK until few days ago. Then I decided that I couldn't handle lack of mobility good enough so I dropped it. Now I mainly play VDH and I suggest you too. It is very casual friendly , you leap around dungeons as much as you want, have good AM, multiple viable builds.
    But still the best tank is BDK. The new trait they added in 7.2.5(that one turns over healing into max health) brought bdk to god tier. It was only thing that missing from BDK to have complete synergy between talents, traits, mastery and base abilities.

You are probably doing something wrong with BDK. As a fail BDK tank i was doing +13 keys in 932 ilvl. (but I do have the BiS legendaries, this might be the reason).

I'm casual and play WW Monk + MM Hunter and tank wise I find Blood DK is the easiest to play by far and for anything casual it's definitely the safest. However the most enjoyable is VDH. It's so damn mobile and the selfhealing is just as good as the DK. Only downside is the defensives don't feel AS great as the BDK.

I'm actualling trying to decide now whether to play BDK or VDH for grinding M15+ until BFA comes out as queueing on WW and MM is painfully slow - playing a tank would be instaqueue and much easier!

we talked about it, and Blood Dk was one step forward