Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    the vulnerability thing has to go, and bring back chimera shot or something similar.. right now seems shooting needles

15+ Year Old Account
    The current build up to actually do dps is way to long and kinda hard to pull-off perfectly without addons.

If only they put a 5sec cooldown on Marked Shot instead and remove the requirement of the Hunter's Mark.
    This way you can open the window to do increased dps on your own.

And have Multi-Shot apply Hunter's Mark and make Aimed Shot hits all target's with a Hunter's Mark.

Basic rotation would be something like: (excluding talents and such)

St:
    Marked Shot - AiS - AiS - Arcane Shot..

AoE:
    Multi-Shot - Marked Shot - AiS - Multi-Shot - AiS..

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    If I remember correctly, and Wrath was when I played the most, you used steady shot to conserve mana when you were low in Wrath/BC. It was a net positive mana user (used less than you generated in combat) and was better than doing nothing waiting for enough mana to use another instant cast. And you couldn't use steady while moving because Aspect of the Fox came out in Cata.
    Wot? If you ever ran out of mana you switched to Aspect of the Viper when Aimed and Chimera were on CD and back to Hawk when they were usable again.

In BC you just specced BM, nobody played MM in that expansion.

Every spec that revolves around shitty Colossus Smash burst windows should be reworked.
    And since they're already on it, get rid of all the classes where 1 spell amounts to 50% of all spell casts during a fight - even more so if that 1 spell also makes up 70% of your damage.

I think my main problem with MM this expansion is that I was raid leading and doing every. single. mechanic in our raid. I think if you're just a player whose only job is to learn the timings of a fight so you know when you have the time to squeeze off a vulnerable window, MM is fine. But when you're trying to herd 19 cats, it's a bit of a pain in the ass, which is why I've been BM most of the expansion despite loving MM since Cata introduced focus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    In BC you just specced BM, nobody played MM in that expansion.
    I'd like to remind you of Marksman and Resto Druid wrecking shit everywhere. You could not beat that CC combo.

As a hunter main for every expansion up to Legion, and a very whiny one when the visual quivers were removed along with the ammo bags, when Legion announced quivers returning with the MM artifact I was all over myself with glee. The concept of the stationary "pick-your-timing" sniper is cool, but the vulnerability mechanic just murdered it for me. The guild was shocked when I switched mains having both a quiver and the BiS legos as my first two legos back in 7.0, but the current MM is just not for me at all. Watching the Alpha video tickles my core hunter a bit tho, so I might finally change back come pre-patch. The vulnerability kills the one thing I loved about marksmanship hunters; the hardcore hard-switch you did on prio spawns, instantly smashing guaranteed critical Aimed Shots into >80% targets, and executing targets with Kill Shot. Seeing targets spawn and having to fish for marking targets before going for them feels so disappointing.

Of course, some people probably love the mechanic, and that's fine, but I'm at least a veteran hunter who really might come back to the class for BfA!
    Last edited by Gigantique; 2018-03-20 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by SlothProfessor View Post
    I'd like to remind you of Marksman and Resto Druid wrecking shit everywhere. You could not beat that CC combo.
    OK. This thread is obviously about PVE though.

As someone who've played Huntard as a main-alt for several expansions, Legion hunter specs are by far the most boring, no question about it. As in not just MM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    As a hunter main for every expansion up to Legion, and a very whiny one when the visual quivers were removed along with the ammo bags, when Legion announced quivers returning with the MM artifact I was all over myself with glee. The concept of the stationary "pick-your-timing" sniper is cool, but the vulnerability mechanic just murdered it for me. The guild was shocked when I switched mains having both a quiver and the BiS legos as my first two legos back in 7.0, but the current MM is just not for me at all. Watching the Alpha video tickles my core hunter a bit tho, so I might finally change back come pre-patch. The vulnerability kills the one thing I loved about marksmanship hunters; the hardcore hard-switch you did on prio spawns, instantly smashing guaranteed critical Aimed Shots into >80% targets, and executing targets with Kill Shot. Seeing targets spawn and having to fish for marking targets before going for them feels so disappointing.

Of course, some people probably love the mechanic, and that's fine, but I'm at least a veteran hunter who really might come back to the class for BfA!
    this. thanks brother

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    But it essentially doesn't make a difference, if it's a cast which gets sped up by haste or if it's your gcd which gets lowered, or is there something I am missing? Of course you need to dump more focus to fit in a 2s cast generator instead of an instant spell, but that's about it.
    One of them can get line-of-sight'ed or denied by others killing a mob before you've got it off, the other doesn't.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2018-03-21 at 12:38 PM.

The current legion MM made me both quit, and reroll when I came back, this expansion. I'm actually considering going back to it if they keep the beta version since it's really fun.

I've enjoyed all other versions of MM, and the current beta version is miles better.
    Just look at hunter participation in raids. MM log numbers have halved despite little change in overall dps rank. So many people hate the current MM it's not even funny.

The only thing I hope they don't change about the current/beta ones is the lack of mobility. I think a sniper should be immobile and do heavy damage. Every time I see someone ask for full mobility it just makes me think they don't understand how much that impacts the spec negatively. It removes a lot of the skill (something lacking in today's class design) and you sacrifice a shit ton of damage for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    One of them can get line-of-sight'ed or denied by others killing a mob before you've got it off, the other doesn't.
    True, but since it's castable while moving, you usually should be able to avoid being los'ed (except in PvP). Getting denied of killing a mob shouldn't be such a problem either, since you can just use quick shot to tag it most of the time.
    I can see that it might be slightly annoying in dungeons, if you miscalculate how long a mob lives.

In raids it won't really make a difference if it's a cast or instaspell though most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    True, but since it's castable while moving, you usually should be able to avoid being los'ed (except in PvP). Getting denied of killing a mob shouldn't be such a problem either, since you can just use quick shot to tag it most of the time.
    I can see that it might be slightly annoying in dungeons, if you miscalculate how long a mob lives.

In raids it won't really make a difference if it's a cast or instaspell though most of the time.
    It is not about getting the kill, but about getting the focus regen. Casted steady shot straightout sucks n every possible way. It should be instant with a cd that is reduced by haste. I've suggested this since the first itteration of it being a focus generator and was ignored untill legion came around with arcane shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veramorte View Post
    Am I the only one missing Cataclysm MM Hunter? Chimaera Shot, Serpent Sting, Kill Shot... oh man those were the good days.
    Ah yes, I haven't had that much fun playing MM ever since.

I didn't play before Legion, I like the current iteration of MM and dislike the proposed changes on PTR.

I played a hunter, particularly MM, from Vanilla to Legion. WoD hunters were bad, Legion was worse. I retired my hunter for the first time in over a decade because MM felt boring as hell and since Survival was changed to melee and BM was trash DPS, there was no second spec to run to.

I welcome any changes with open arms. It just feels weak, spammy and non-powerful, regardless of what the meters say.

Quote Originally Posted by krille20 View Post
    As someone who've played Huntard as a main-alt for several expansions, Legion hunter specs are by far the most boring, no question about it. As in not just MM.
    Survival is fun as hell, not sure why people hate it so much. I am going to main my Nightborne Survival hunter come BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Every spec that revolves around shitty Colossus Smash burst windows should be reworked.
    And since they're already on it, get rid of all the classes where 1 spell amounts to 50% of all spell casts during a fight - even more so if that 1 spell also makes up 70% of your damage.

This. x100000000000000000000000000000