Returning Top 100 US Raider Looking for potential Battle For Azeroth guild
Hey Guys, Watario here. I am looking to potentially make a comeback to Wow and the raiding Scene for Battle For Azeroth. I am going to give you guys a quick history of my raiding experience and why I stopped playing in legion, and why I am looking for a new guild in BFA. I am either going to be playing Hunter, Shaman (this is most Likely) or Priest for the upcoming xpack.
Summarized Raiding History

From Throne of Thunder through Emerald Nightmare* I was part of Infinity (World 53, US 17 Currently, though they weren’t quite as high when I was raiding). I mained hunter during this period and was part of every single one of our final boss kills (I can fish up kill videos for a few of them as proof if need be). Infinity ran a very tight 9 hour a week raid schedule with an occasional bonus raid and required extra raid the first week of mythic every tier and because of this restrictive schedule quality of pulls and attempts was much more important than quantity. Every raid we had finished way before the next one came out and usually before any major nerfs were made to the content. As a raider I put performance on progression attempts as my priority and keep my ego in check. I don’t care about parses on farm but will push and get 90th + % parses on first kills. Of all the End Bosses I did with Infinity I would say that Archimonde and Lei Shen were the hardest, but probably also the most rewarding. Also worth noting I raided with other guilds before infinity but at a much lower level, I am willing to talk about them if you want but I don’t think its super relevant to this post.
*I Am technically still in Infinity but not really involved in anything

So why did I quit during legion. There is several Reasons, I didn’t really like hunter design in legion, going back to the alpha. Blizzard took Marksman which to me was a very enjoyable spec in wod (sans HFC 4 piece) and completely redesigned it, made BM Janky and turned survival into a super shitty melee spec. because of this I rerolled demon hunter. I ended up not liking Demon Hunter at all and performed very very poorly on it during Emerald Nightmare. Right around when Trial of Valor released I rerolled back to Hunter as I was atleast able to do good on it even if I disliked it strongly. Before I could catch up on AP/Class Hall / Legendaries my computer completely broke and it took me two months before I could get the cash to make a new rig. By this time between the reroll and broken computer I was so far behind that I didn’t even want to try to catch up. On top of this I had some other issues at the time, such as hating farming AP/legendaries.

Even though Infinity is doing extremely well these days and still has a very light raiding schedule I don’t plan on returning to it in BFA as the social environment in the guild is completely different now than when I was active. I don’t mean this to be disparaging, especially considering I still have friends there, but I just don’t fit in anymore and don’t really see the point in pretending otherwise. Easier to change to a new environment than to change the one you are in and all that.
So what do I want in a guild? I will break this down into a few parts

Progression
As far as progression goes I want a guild with a proven history of full clearing and farming mythic content while relevant. You don’t have to be pushing us top 50 or anything but you do need to not be killing the end boss on the last day of the tier after its been nerfed 6 times and is a joke. I’ve done the top end thing and I have nothing to prove to myself anymore on the matter but being last to cross the finish line really isn’t fun to me. I have no desire to be casual if I come back, like at all. I don’t want to be a jackass here because I don’t really have a ton of current proof of value to me as a raider, but if you are a 2/11M guild three months into this tier you aren’t for me.

Schedule
I am pretty open to different schedules. Days don’t really matter, and times don’t matter that much either (I am on the east coast however so very early PST times are probably not logistically possible for me). I would like to keep between 9-12 hours a week (3x3, 3x4 or 4x3 doesn’t matter) but I am open to up to 16 a week. Anything higher than that and the level of progression the guild is at must be very high. If you are raiding 20+ hours a week and aren’t a top level guild then you are just compensating for a lack of skill with a surplus of time. While the Hours don’t matter that much at the moment I would like them to be later in the evening for no other reason than if my IRL circumstances change that will be much more resilient to not being affected.

Guild Atmosphere.
This is the big one, I want a guild where people are social. If I come back to wow I am going to be sinking and incredible amount of time into the game and I want people who log on and have fun and do things. If I am doing mythics I don’t want to have to always pug them because nobody in the guild ever wants to do shit, I get it people have lives and aren’t always available but there is enormous difference between “eh I guess no one is available right now” and “If I want to do anything outside of raiding I need to pug”. I like to talk, I like to do things, I like to screw around, and I probably will not last a very long in a guild where those things just don’t happen. Really I can’t stress enough how important and active and fun guild atmosphere is to me. When I have played wow in the past its basically the only thing I do in my spare time, the ONLY thing. I don’t have any interest in just logging on for raid times and doing nothing else because that isn’t the level of time sink I am looking for. Wow at its best is just a crazy time-consuming game. I am not going to say too much about the maturity level of the guild, I just don’t want one where the average person acts like a edgy 15 year old who thinks they are a sick troll. That shit is boring.

Server Type and Faction
Either faction is completely fine, No low pop servers as they are unhealthy and create strains on a guild (if you think there is reason I should take exception to this feel free to convince me otherwise). If you are on a PVP server I would prefer not to be the minority population. I like Low end High Pop servers or High End medium pops the best.

Dungeons and Non Raid Content.

This is kind of an extension of guild atmosphere but I do want a guild where people are actually interested in doing this stuff with other people in the guild “spontaneously”. Being forced to PUG because no one does dungeons outside of their preconceived groups is not fun. I’ve always been big on just doing shit with multiple people and like to be around the likeminded. In past guilds I’ve put together Herald of the Titans runs and other things. I can’t stress this enough, if I start playing WoW again I am going to spend TONS of time in the game and looking for a guild where other people also like to do things.

Other Games
I also play Hots and Hearthstone, so I am almost always on Bnet for one reason or another. I’ve hit master’s several time in Hots (though not in the last few seasons as the MM is so fucked up that climbing ranks is just too frustrating for me to bother). I also play a variety of games on steam currently.

I don’t want to talk too much about myself here, other than what I already said above, that can be discussed if you show any interest in trying to recruit me.

If you have any questions or interest drop a reply on this thread or add me (wat#1375)