Hunter Pet Threat in BFA

So on occasion I'll bring out my dog pet on the alpha for tanking purposes to handle an elite. So far I have to say that the threat generation seems pretty good. On an 85k health elite I misdirected Dog at the beginning and did a double tap AiS + another AiS and he never even came close to losing agro. Nor did his health seem to go down much. Hopefully this stays consistent through to live as I feel in Legion the pets seemed to be lacking.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel AoE pet threat is really lacking tho with the removal of Thunderstomp.

I dunno if it became a pet ability or something, but the default Tenacity pets in alpha don't have it (Turtle or Scorpid)

Yeah I haven't tried any aoe threat though as MM I'd probably not being pulling much aoe in this stage of alpha. My own hunter with his gear that's a different story.

As Survival I don't find too much issue with AOE, but Survival is OP now with the serpent sting AOE talent. I will say though I don't take more than 5 at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    As Survival I don't find too much issue with AOE, but Survival is OP now with the serpent sting AOE talent. I will say though I don't take more than 5 at a time.
    Is the SS talent looking nicer than the alternatives?

Can't imagine Survival having much issue with soloing anything in BfA, should be a fun expansion!

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Is the SS talent looking nicer than the alternatives?

Can't imagine Survival having much issue with soloing anything in BfA, should be a fun expansion!

cheers,
    If you grab the 2 SS buff talents it is the best AoE potential, one of them has a fairly frequent chance to increase the initial damage of SS by 300% when using raptor strike / mongoose bite, and the other talent lets it hit 2 additional targets and increases the DoT damage by 30%. It creates a nice synergy, especially when fighting multiple targets.

Havent had issues with bm just go stomp talent and make sure it hits everything. With MM and bigger packs just binding multi aimed then barrage they will all fall over before getting to you. At least thats what works for me. Everything dies so fast anyways pet threat hasnt been noticeable really and with elites you mow them down fast enough your pet does fine on them.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2018-04-11 at 10:38 PM.

Don't say OP and hunter in the same statement. They will shit all over the class again. Pls. SV is balanced. IT'S FINE BLIZZARD.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Don't say OP and hunter in the same statement. They will shit all over the class again. Pls. SV is balanced. IT'S FINE BLIZZARD.
    I am loving Survival so far on the Alpha.

I am loving Survival so far on the Alpha.
    Nice. I hope it's good at release. I'm keeping myself in the dark on alpha and beta this time around. Not playing it or watching streams.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

I dunno if it became a pet ability or something, but the default Tenacity pets in alpha don't have it (Turtle or Scorpid)
    If you use the apex ring on alpha you still get thunderstomp. Doesn't mean anything for 120 but it could be useful for leveling if they don't fix it.

If you grab the 2 SS buff talents it is the best AoE potential, one of them has a fairly frequent chance to increase the initial damage of SS by 300% when using raptor strike / mongoose bite, and the other talent lets it hit 2 additional targets and increases the DoT damage by 30%. It creates a nice synergy, especially when fighting multiple targets.
    Good to know! friend of mine got Alpha yesterday and liked it also, I'm still waiting :'( I just want 1 alpha invite LOL I've been playing since Vanilla and not gotten one yet >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Nice. I hope it's good at release. I'm keeping myself in the dark on alpha and beta this time around. Not playing it or watching streams.
    I have been ignoring quest text and skipping anything with VO so that I don't know what is really going on, I just give feedback on bugs or things that are not working properly and some suggestions for changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Good to know! friend of mine got Alpha yesterday and liked it also, I'm still waiting :'( I just want 1 alpha invite LOL I've been playing since Vanilla and not gotten one yet >.<
    I have gotten into all but Vanilla, TBC, and Cata, though Wrath was my buddies account I still got to use it lol.

I have been ignoring quest text and skipping anything with VO so that I don't know what is really going on, I just give feedback on bugs or things that are not working properly and some suggestions for changes.

- - - Updated - - -

I have gotten into all but Vanilla, TBC, and Cata, though Wrath was my buddies account I still got to use it lol.
    Lucky! Thanks for sharing the info though mate, I'm psyched as fk for BfA, been waiting for them to de-clutter Survival forever now.

10+ Year Old Account

Only possible fix I saw is take the Stomp talent and don't take Dire Beast. That seems to closely mimic Thunderstomp based on the testing I've managed so far.

Edit: Just saw the post above mentioning the Apex ring, that would work too (at least for now).

10+ Year Old Account

Stomp also works with Dire Frenzy, so that helps a bit.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Stomp also works with Dire Frenzy, so that helps a bit.
    MM have no Stomp tho, so Misdirect and Feign Death are the only option.

If Misdirect would refresh when used on pet it'd be great.

Edit: After leveling some more and taking Explosive Shot and Barrage talents, stuff dies so fast within 1 misdirect it's fine now.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-04-14 at 01:43 PM.