Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It's Alpha. Numbers are not part of discussion atm, as said in the blue post. Y'all calm down.

It's the phase of fleshing out ideas and I very much like the idea behind it. Could/should the numbers be tweaked? Obviously. But MOANING about them right now is a waste of energy.

i'm a bit sad that some of the most iconic pet families essentially have no place in the game, unless in a situation in which your raid has all the buffs it needs anyways

for example in PvP you're going to rotate between all combinations of cunning/tenacity and Mortal Strike/Dispel, i don't really see why play anything else

in PvE you'll just need 3 pets: cunning/tenacity battle rez and a random ferocity pet

so that's about it, imo it feels a bit limiting, will we ever be able to pvp with a cat or wolf again?... or are those lovely foxes ever going to be good at something other than dancing?
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2018-02-18 at 12:07 AM.

After 5 pages I am finding it odd that people keep talking about battle res. I interpreted the blue post as bloodlust will be more available than it is now and battle res will be removed entirely.
    "Expanding access to Bloodlust, and the removal of Battle Res from pets:
    In Legion, all Hunters have access to Bloodlust and Battle Res, but they only exist among a handful of families, which leads to very narrow options. To that end, Bloodlust will be available on roughly a third of the tamable pet families rather than just two. In a world where we are proliferating abilities to many families, our first inclination was to add Battle Res to a separate third of those families. After seeing that landscape, it felt odd to fully embrace Resurrection as part of the Hunter kit. Further, moving into Battle for Azeroth, we are solidifying Bloodlust and Battle Res as the strong shared cooldowns that a group can bring - one offense, one defense. In that world, Hunters having access to both of the super powerful group benefits didn’t feel appropriate." - Solanis

Ferocity may have a weaker passive but it will be the go to for groups needing bloodlust.
    Tenacity with strong passive and active abilities will likely be the go to hunter pet when bloodlust is not required.
    Cunning will remain the situational choice.

Given that each pet will also have various unique abilities I suspect it wont take long for the best of each type to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Call it fantasy if you want but having tanking wolf or DPS turtle kills "immersion" for me. So I guess this is where we have to agree to disagree with each other.
    The difference is you don't have to use them. Both options still let you play the way you want to; not locking pet specs allows me to play the way I want to, too.

Quote Originally Posted by nessfalco View Post
    The difference is you don't have to use them. Both options still let you play the way you want to; not locking pet specs allows me to play the way I want to, too.
    I disagree with this but in the end, it doesn't matter.

Currently all pets do same damage. They just provide more varied "abilities", which are mostly just utility thing. Pets, as damage dealing tools, their specialization is doing exactly nothing.

Deleted
    So far it looks like BM will be the PvP spec, you have great damage while kiting and now Master's Call makes a comeback. Survival also with the mastery self heal, and pet utility.

Marksman meanwhile has no pet utility and a 3 second aimed shot cast. Also Posthaste and Binding Shot are on the same talent row. Marksman so far seems to be absolutely terrible for PvP.

daymn shame what MM has become.

On the wowhead talent calculator, Aspect Of The Beast is still unchanged.
    If it remains unchanged, does it encourage people to bring ferocity over tenacity pets for raids because of the extra damage from the dot? Or does the extra survivability justify the DPS loss?

They'll probably change it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlothProfessor View Post
    So far it looks like BM will be the PvP spec, you have great damage while kiting and now Master's Call makes a comeback. Survival also with the mastery self heal, and pet utility.

Marksman meanwhile has no pet utility and a 3 second aimed shot cast. Also Posthaste and Binding Shot are on the same talent row. Marksman so far seems to be absolutely terrible for PvP.

daymn shame what MM has become.
    how do you not have pet utility? lone wolf is baseline and is only active IF you don't call your pet, so you still have access to it

I lucked out in that the BFA changes mean my favorite family lookswise (stags) will go Tenacity. However, I feel for the hunters who don't want to be pigeonholed into a certain cosmetic family and don't like this "hurr Vanilla always better" push the devs are doing.

Next dev patch note: pet speeds are back, use Brokentooth only and cry us a river about how ugly its skin is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    Next dev patch note: pet speeds are back, use Brokentooth only and cry us a river about how ugly its skin is.
    VERY fast kign bangalash running at incredible hihg speed

15+ Year Old Account
    @Fumu Pet speeds are not coming back... Why would blizzard bother making all attacks equal? Just to unbalance afterward, I don't think so.

If you ask me pet should have access to at least two specializations. Making Cunning the middle ground.

Tenacity + Cunning
    Ferocity + Cunning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    @Fumu Pet speeds are not coming back... Why would blizzard bother making all attacks equal? Just to unbalance afterward, I don't think so.
    Well, they did allow us to change pet specs for a number of years, then took it away again for BfA so........

That said, I tend to agree attack speeds won't change. It'd likely cause a much bigger uproar than removal of pet spec choice has.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are trying to make hunter be more involved instead of being as remedial as it is now. It is only logical that a big ole tanky looking pet be a tank and the speedy pet be dps and the bird or oddball pet be cunning. This was how Blizzard approached it in the past. I like that my pet has meaningful choice now verses a generic one size fits all with a different skin.
    I will mis "BeepBeep" the mechanical sheep as my tank pet though.