Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    Excuse any naivety, but i just don't view making everyone happy as something that would be very difficult.
    "Anything that makes you happy makes me unhappy"

- every complaining MMOChamp poster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    "Anything that makes you happy makes me unhappy"

- every complaining MMOChamp poster
    You need to read it again and adjust your post accordingly

1h ''Toothpick''

2h

You guys are trolls

I think that most (if not All) Blood and UH weapons are smaller than the hidden FDK appearance. Im literally dual wielding 2H weapons right now. Maybe we need a titan's grip equivalent, it would make everyone happy.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2018-03-21 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post

You guys are trolls

I think that most (if not All) Blood and UH weapons are smaller than the hidden FDK appearance. Im literally dual wielding 2H weapons right now. Maybe we need a titan's grip equivalent, it would make everyone happy.
    The conversation is complicated and there are two sides to it: Specific fantasy and then general aesthetics.

Many players want to play with a large 2H weapon but without a permanent pet. It's a great look and fits the Dark Knight theme that the DK represents. Currently there is a void for this desire. Furthermore, Blood DPS and 2H Frost once existed, so that just makes things worse. Bringing back this fantasy should be top priority for BFA.

In contrast to that, we currently are forced to use 1H weapons. Most of these are on the smallish side and sheath at the hip. This looks more Roguish than anything. You don't really look like a Knight brandishing that type of weapon. Many people do not like that.

Now, in the case of the hidden Artifact skin, once again aesthetics come into play. They look ridiculous sheathed to your hip on top of the fact that they are 1H weapons. I do believe that skin would have been more successful if they sheathed to the back. But that is not the case.

The best case scenario is we have a choice between using a single 2H weapon or two 1H weapons. But if that can't be done, then Titan's Grip should be the way forward IF they want Frost to dual wield so bad. I mean, Thassarrian does it. The precedence is there. And the Artifact skins could still be used no mater what as they will only be available to Frost DKs anyway. So no problems there.

All we can do is hope for the Devs to see reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    The conversation is complicated and there are two sides to it: Specific fantasy and then general aesthetics.

Many players want to play with a large 2H weapon but without a permanent pet. It's a great look and fits the Dark Knight theme that the DK represents. Currently there is a void for this desire. Furthermore, Blood DPS and 2H Frost once existed, so that just makes things worse. Bringing back this fantasy should be top priority for BFA.

In contrast to that, we currently are forced to use 1H weapons. Most of these are on the smallish side and sheath at the hip. This looks more Roguish than anything. You don't really look like a Knight brandishing that type of weapon. Many people do not like that.

Now, in the case of the hidden Artifact skin, once again aesthetics come into play. They look ridiculous sheathed to your hip on top of the fact that they are 1H weapons. I do believe that skin would have been more successful if they sheathed to the back. But that is not the case.

The best case scenario is we have a choice between using a single 2H weapon or two 1H weapons. But if that can't be done, then Titan's Grip should be the way forward IF they want Frost to dual wield so bad. I mean, Thassarrian does it. The precedence is there. And the Artifact skins could still be used no mater what as they will only be available to Frost DKs anyway. So no problems there.

I feel exactly that same.

And for the artifact skins, the hidden one IS large. The problem is that the most of the other 1h weapons in the game are tiny (relatively). The apparent smallness isn't as noticeable on female characters or BE's, humans, dwarves,etc, but they look really silly when you have a male Tauren, Orc or Draenei in heavy armor with huge shoulder plates and these comparatively tiny weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    This is early development but we are certainly one step closer to the 2h dream!
    Monks were set up very similarly in MoP, literally the only reason DW was better than 2h was the second enchant. (which means a lot for a DK)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirex View Post
    Both Obliterate and Frost strike requires One handed melee weapon.
    Yup. Didn't see other comments but I just happened to check blizz launcher and saw an alpha download.

You can use a 2h as frost
    You can o my AA HB and RW.
    Ob and FS do not work
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    1h ''Toothpick''

2h

You guys are trolls

My problem is not really the size of the weapons. I just wanna do those ridiculous huge crits that for example Arms are doing right now with Mortal Strike

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    My problem is not really the size of the weapons. I just wanna do those ridiculous huge crits that for example Arms are doing right now with Mortal Strike
    Those days are over my friend...
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post

Fantastic post, Clash. 100% agree. I think both the Concept and the Delivery of the Dark Knight theme is important for Blizz to deliver on for dedicated DK players. The loss of 2H Frost, in my opinion, harmed the concept for myself and it seems other players, and of which the delivery of large hidden artifact 1h's, mentioned above, does not cover in any meaningful way.

I know it's not a contest, but DK's have suffered quite a few losses or changes to our identity over the years. Loss of Blood dps, loss of frost/unholy tanking, loss of anti-magic zone baseline, loss of army of the dead for blood/frost, loss of presences so we can't off-tank in an dungeon-emergency or gain a movement buff with unholy presence, the list goes on and on.

2H Frost, I don't think blizz realized, was an important identity concept for myself, and lot of people I suspect.

With the changes from weapon damage to attack power coming in BfA, would this be an opportunity for blizz to allow 2h and 1h frost to co-exist with basically identical gameplay (the way I recall WW monk playing out in MoP)?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdeeds View Post
    Fantastic post, Clash. 100% agree. I think both the Concept and the Delivery of the Dark Knight theme is important for Blizz to deliver on for dedicated DK players. The loss of 2H Frost, in my opinion, harmed the concept for myself and it seems other players, and of which the delivery of large hidden artifact 1h's, mentioned above, does not cover in any meaningful way.

I know it's not a contest, but DK's have suffered quite a few losses or changes to our identity over the years. Loss of Blood dps, loss of frost/unholy tanking, loss of anti-magic zone baseline, loss of army of the dead for blood/frost, loss of presences so we can't off-tank in an dungeon-emergency or gain a movement buff with unholy presence, the list goes on and on.

2H Frost, I don't think blizz realized, was an important identity concept for myself, and lot of people I suspect.

With the changes from weapon damage to attack power coming in BfA, would this be an opportunity for blizz to allow 2h and 1h frost to co-exist with basically identical gameplay (the way I recall WW monk playing out in MoP)?
    I really believe that the only reason why Blizzard made frost dks dual wield, was because they wanted to have more dual wielding melee dps. In terms of class fantasy it makes no sense to turn Death Knigts into Death Rogues...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I really believe that the only reason why Blizzard made frost dks dual wield, was because they wanted to have more dual wielding melee dps. In terms of class fantasy it makes no sense to turn Death Knigts into Death Rogues...
    I agree. And then we have both new classes that came after DKs also dual wield. So now we have way more specs that dual wield and only 3 DPS specs that do not.

Legion with the Artifacts was a perfect time to make Frost a proper 2H spec going forward. But that didn't happen and now we are saddled with 1H Artifact skins which complicates things greatly. Whatever direction we go, those skins will have to be usable for the spec. So our options are now limited.

Personally the most fun I've had as Frost have only been when dual-wield has been a viable battleground spec (and Legion), but most of my other classes that I've played over the years have leaned towards massive two handed weapons so it was more or less a refreshing aesthetic change. I realize the original Death Knight of Arthas and a lot of the early DK climate revolved around two-handed but there's two other specs that revolve around a 2H that are even more "Death Knight-y" than Frost tends to be if you're going all the way back to the beginning for reasoning. Unholy is probably the "true" Death Knight in that regards. Frost has always felt like the Death Knight that's a little more unhinged, impatient, the flurry of slashing weapons and piercing gale winds never felt off to me.

I also play humans and they hold their two handed weapons like utter idiots when combat-idle.

Don't really mind either way. But I can see what you guys mean with 2H. Does fit the fantasy more

Uh oh this doesnt look good
    fresh from the alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal250 View Post
    Uh oh this doesnt look good
    fresh from the alpha
    Good, it's a fricken mess to balance two sub-specs in a single spec....I guess they could make it a cosmetic glyph....but I don't want 2h/dw balancing to ever be a thing again for Frost. Although...they SHOULD bring back blood dps.....It kind of puzzles me why they don't....They tried the 1h/shield dps spec with warriors....gave druids 4 specs...DKs should have 4 specs....2H physical non-pet dps, 2H magical pet style dps, dw dps, and 2H tank....Most....key work here being most....DKs I know who want 2H frost to come back only enjoyed 2H frost because they liked Blood DPS which was wrongfully taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Good, it's a fricken mess to balance two sub-specs in a single spec....I guess they could make it a cosmetic glyph....but I don't want 2h/dw balancing to ever be a thing again for Frost. Although...they SHOULD bring back blood dps.....It kind of puzzles me why they don't....They tried the 1h/shield dps spec with warriors....gave druids 4 specs...DKs should have 4 specs....2H physical non-pet dps, 2H magical pet style dps, dw dps, and 2H tank....Most....key work here being most....DKs I know who want 2H frost to come back only enjoyed 2H frost because they liked Blood DPS which was wrongfully taken away.
    I was a blood DPS and loved it, only reason I play Frost now is because I don't want a pet and I don't like Blood Tanking. I'd love 2H Frost to be a thing again, but as you said, I don't want to deal with the DW/2H balancing act again as in every x-pack between WotLK and Legion.

I want to use 2H Quel'delar as my transmog again =(

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    "i don't want them to balance two things in one spec, but definitely bring back blood dps."

Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    "i don't want them to balance two things in one spec, but definitely bring back blood dps."
    If you have ideas for a 2h DPS spec that actually uses its weapon to deal damage and doesn't require a pet, please share. Blizzard took both of ours away, and decided we could only play as slow-moving rogues or warlocks in plate.

i bet my 5 cents that if they will do this people will start screaming "GIVE US FROSTMOURNE OPTION AS ARTIFACT WEAPON SKIN!"