Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    Changes from the alpha -- Melee attacks now use attack power instead of weapon damage as the modifier!

This makes it so that there is smaller/no DPS inconsistencies between weapon types...
    Now what does that mean?
    Essentially, balance would be a moot point -- withholding 2h from Frost now being a purely aesthetic decision -- and considering how many people have been asking for it, an absurd one.

This is early development but we are certainly one step closer to the 2h dream!
    What you say is only half true. The mathmatical portion of abilities still take a portion of weapon damage with atk power to calculate how much damage it's going to do.

Edit for the link: http://www.wowhead.com/news=281913/b...ability-damage
    Last edited by Zyky; 2018-03-05 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    I prefer 2H frost as well, maybe it's just nostalgia, or maybe it fits the fantasy better in my mind.

I feel the frost artifact appearances are all meh, so I won't really miss them. Using dual Quel'delar right now, so I can switch to the 2H version easily ^^
    The fantasy is definitely for a 2h. Look at Arthas, the main draw for class fantasy. Could you picture Arthas with two 1h? Hell no. Arthas is as much of a FDK and he is UH.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    Don't really get why people want 2H Frost back so badly. That means all of the artifact appearances you've unlocked this xpac will be useless to you. It also seems odd because Frost is so fast and spammy. It would look very strange to see a giant 2H sword being flung around like a twig in order to visually match how many abilities we're actually spamming.

I dont care, either way. I like 'em both. Just don't get the seeming-obsession with it.
    I haven't used a single artifact appearance this expac on a character I bother to mog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    I'm into WoW and Death Knights because of the lore. It wasn't until Legion that Death Knights were synonymous with dual wielding, and we were only synonymous to be different, not because of the lore. All impressive Death Knights wield two handers or wielded two handers for far longer than they dual wielded. Thoras Trollbane is a Frost Death Knight in Legion who uses a two handed sword.

I'm fine with not using my artifact skins. I even unlocked the challenge mode ones. I want a two handed sword.

Arthas's book confirms it's a two hander but Arthas is so mighty that he can wield it with one hand anyway. He does so to inspire fear.
    There are many DK NPC's in the Ebon Blade that dual wield. Certainly fewer than those who use 2H, I'll admit that, but there are definitely several. A notable one is Thassarian.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

7+ Year Old Account
    I wont use a 2 hander on my frost dk cause i cant transmog to the lightsaber look with 2 handers.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I wont use a 2 hander on my frost dk cause i cant transmog to the lightsaber look with 2 handers.
    Sure you can, with a Very Light Sabre.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellborne87 View Post
    Don't really get why people want 2H Frost back so badly. That means all of the artifact appearances you've unlocked this xpac will be useless to you. It also seems odd because Frost is so fast and spammy. It would look very strange to see a giant 2H sword being flung around like a twig in order to visually match how many abilities we're actually spamming.

I dont care, either way. I like 'em both. Just don't get the seeming-obsession with it.
    2h frost was very satisfying to play. Everyone loves seeing big fat crits pop on their screen. 2h frost had plenty of that with obliterate hitting like a freight train. Unholy isn't nearly as appealing as frost is to many (mostly because of timmy, the spec fantasy implementation is meh at best, and I dislike how they were fiddling with the spec all the time as well).

With 2hander the gameplay wasn't nearly as spammy because most runes were spent on obliterate which uses 2 runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    There are many DK NPC's in the Ebon Blade that dual wield. Certainly fewer than those who use 2H, I'll admit that, but there are definitely several. A notable one is Thassarian.
    Where exactly are all these dual wielding DK's? Certainly not in Acherus.

Man, all these guys wanting their big, thick, swords back. Is it really about the swords?

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Technically, Thassarian wields TWO 2H swords. His swords drop in game and are 2H; Notice that they sheath on his back. Yep, he has Titan's Grip.

Ericus Deathbringer is the only named NPC I'm aware of that actually dual-wields one handed swords.

I see people saying that the fantasy of the Frost Death Knight being a slow Juggernaut is tied to only the mobility and I get the point, but in my opinion it doesn't really make sense to have slow mobility and high attack speed. For me a slow juggernaut should also have slow attacks that hit for crits of 10 million. I say we should either be slow or fast. High mobility and fast dual wielding or low mobility and slow 2-handed attacks. That's what makes sense to me. You are definitely allowed to disagree. But if you do, please don't start calling me a F****** idiot just for having another opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything Frost DK's should be super mobile, with all the ice on the ground around us constantly, but we crash into everything at full speed from the lack of agility. We could use two 1-hand swords like ski poles to get around. Omg make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post
    If anything Frost DK's should be super mobile, with all the ice on the ground around us constantly, but we crash into everything at full speed from the lack of agility. We could use two 1-hand swords like ski poles to get around. Omg make it so.
    Haha great idea mate. The skiing Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanDark View Post
    Man, all these guys wanting their big, thick, swords back. Is it really about the swords?
    Ssssssh...!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    I am no DK but I saw a big badass orc FDK with big armor and shit in my raid last week, but holy shit he was so ridiculous with his toothpicks that it made me laugh, What are you? A fat rogue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazdinger View Post
    I am no DK but I saw a big badass orc FDK with big armor and shit in my raid last week, but holy shit he was so ridiculous with his toothpicks that it made me laugh, What are you? A fat rogue?
    This ^^. Dual wielding is just wierd in relation to the class fantasy unless you play a gnome

Quote Originally Posted by RomanDark View Post
    Busted. We really just like cock.

its a long shot to be honest...lets wait and see if Blizz would consider it.

Deleted
    I love dual wielding on my FDK, and I'm rocking double Slayer of the Lifeless on my back, so i look like a killing machine, too.

Having said that, I am 100% open to having the option to go 2H and would try it out if it was possible - and would it be so difficult to make it so that if you select an appearance of a 2H, the damage numbers for, say, main hand and off hand Oblits/Frost Strikes are put into a single number?

Excuse any naivety, but i just don't view making everyone happy as something that would be very difficult.