Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Neither of them played like Ranged SV, (granted hearing some of the complaints and the revert to mop stuff in the class design section on the official forums they don't play like they used to either) but if that's the best you can do go play a DK with a pet and let SV have their ranged back if that's your argument, there was already a melee with a pet right........ it all plays the same right.........
    A ghoul is not the same as a pet, sure it’s a “pet” but it’s not st all the same as a bear or cat or wolf or ect.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Because

a) millions play a survival hunter
    b) you have a source to back your claims up
    c) also: Nice arguments presented for your case ^^
    Survival hunter was actually a highly anticipated spec, however due to how clunky it was, how many different mechanics you had to juggle, and with how bad it was performing numbers wise, it ended up being a dead spec pretty much immediately.

If done well, I don't see why it can't be successful, I'm personally looking forward to Survival in BFA, it'll definitely be changed and be given some more complexity before release, the same happened to fury in Legions Beta, it went through so many iterations it was insane, the playstyle would drastically shift every new patch during beta, i expect the same to happen to Survival, but without it getting to the extreme levels it has in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    A ghoul is not the same as a pet, sure it’s a “pet” but it’s not st all the same as a bear or cat or wolf or ect.
    so? it attacks, it's a slow dot with some utility (or did a stun) if all the hunters were the same pre-legion (crap argument we keep getting why ranged SV had to go away) then all the melee with pets are the same, the rest is just window dressings.

these guys have the right idea
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...1107969?page=1
    #RevertToMoP
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2018-02-14 at 07:31 PM.

Neither of them played like Ranged SV, (granted hearing some of the complaints and the revert to mop stuff in the class design section on the official forums they don't play like they used to either) but if that's the best you can do go play a DK with a pet and let SV have their ranged back if that's your argument, there was already a melee with a pet right........ it all plays the same right.........
    I love it as melee now, however SV was cool back when it had black arrow and the old awesome explosive shot. I still love they went melee with it but from the videos of the Alpha SV they seem to have found a happy medium and gave it enough flexibility to keep some damage consistent when moving in and out of melee.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Survival hunter was actually a highly anticipated spec, however due to how clunky it was, how many different mechanics you had to juggle, and with how bad it was performing numbers wise, it ended up being a dead spec pretty much immediately.

If done well, I don't see why it can't be successful, I'm personally looking forward to Survival in BFA, it'll definitely be changed and be given some more complexity before release, the same happened to fury in Legions Beta, it went through so many iterations it was insane, the playstyle would drastically shift every new patch during beta, i expect the same to happen to Survival, but without it getting to the extreme levels it has in Legion.
    Broken mastery at launch literally ruined its chances in Legion, if they can release a enjoyable spec without a fundamental bug there is no reason for all the hate going into BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    so? it attacks, it's a slow dot with some utility (or did a stun) if all the hunters were the same pre-legion (crap argument we keep getting why ranged SV had to go away) then all the melee with pets are the same, the rest is just window dressings.
    I’ve never actually said all hunter specs were the same pre legion, I didn’t like any of them but that doesn’t mean there all the same.

Though you seem to have missed the point, claiming that we have 12 other meele specs is a reason for survival to go back to ranged is non sense as all the specs are not the same and none of them fit the theme survival does. If you were to make that argument like the guy I first replied to that would mean all ranged specs would have to be the same as well so you might as well go play one of thoses.

Over all I couldn’t mind if hunters got a 4th spec be it dark ranger or what ever, but I heavily prefer survival how it is now then how it was in the past and blizzard seems to agree as it didn’t go back to range though people think it’s a failure.

I’ve never actually said all hunter specs were the same pre legion, I didn’t like any of them but that doesn’t mean there all the same.

Though you seem to have missed the point, claiming that we have 12 other meele specs is a reason for survival to go back to ranged is non sense as all the specs are not the same and none of them fit the theme survival does. If you were to make that argument like the guy I first replied to that would mean all ranged specs would have to be the same as well so you might as well go play one of thoses.

Over all I couldn’t mind if hunters got a 4th spec be it dark ranger or what ever, but I heavily prefer survival how it is now then how it was in the past and blizzard seems to agree as it didn’t go back to range though people think it’s a failure.
    underlined the imported part, so basically what it comes down to they made a spec for people that didn't want to play hunters in the first place, why not just give the melee shaman a option to tame pets or have a full time wolf pet if they wanted another melee with a pet?

And seems most of the people think BM fits more with the melee "theme" than SV (even a number of the current melee hunters) but I still think that's wrong screwing them over. (taking down the limited range options makes less sense than just giving a existing melee a pet option)

the same morons at blizzard that are not making it go back to range are the ones who screwed it up in the first place you think I have much faith in their skills or abilities?
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2018-02-14 at 07:45 PM.

I wanted meele hunter so speak for your self.

The game has 11 other range specs and only one with a pet and meele, just reroll or quit.
    Range specs not equal to ranged weapon specs... I can actually argue there is only 1 ranged non caster spec right now. I do not like hard casting and standing still so mm is out, bm is boring and I've never liked the feel of doing no damage and being reliant on a pet, so that's out. I've never advocated deleting or changing the melee spec.. I just want to play like I used to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    FFXIV =/= WoW?
    He said they can't balance that kind of play and I was saying square managed to do it, so can bliz.
    Last edited by aikanaro; 2018-02-14 at 07:50 PM.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

SV was my favorite spec, now i don't even try to play it cause i don't want to play melee... i think the main problem in hunter is not SV but what kind of playstyle players want for that spec and what playstyle blizz want us to play:

Player want:
    - a specc where you have a pet or more pet with tons of synergy spell, average complexity
    - a specc with no pet that is a turret demolisher, very complex in gameplay but must be a top dps cause of less mobility
    - a specc with or without pet (don't care) just let us be a MF legolas, all instant spell no cd spamm as crazy, don't care if not so good in dps just want tons of things to cast myabe rng a lot
    - a specc with dot interaction, controllable rng (duh?) castable in move, average complexity, average dps
    - a melee specc for melee lover that want to play with their pet side by side, average complexity
    -.....(go on here)
    Blizz give us
    - a brain dead specc for pet , free movement , too easy rotation, feels stupid to play, pet ai retarded as always after 13years!!!!!
    - a turret specc with orrible playstyle
    - a melee specc for melee lover with too much complexity

they should just solve all this by making MM play like old SV. nobody likes casting 3 sec aimed shots anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    underlined the imported part, so basically what it comes down to they made a spec for people that didn't want to play hunters in the first place, why not just give the melee shaman a option to tame pets or have a full time wolf pet if they wanted another melee with a pet?

And seems most of the people think BM fits more with the melee "theme" than SV (even a number of the current melee hunters) but I still think that's wrong screwing them over. (taking down the limited range options makes less sense than just giving a existing melee a pet option)

the same morons at blizzard that are not making it go back to range are the ones who screwed it up in the first place you think I have much faith in their skills or abilities?

The thing is though I did want to play a hunter I had Mained a hunter from tbc-wrath and played it as my secondary in cata. I didn’t like the changes they had made going into cats and after. Whole expan of trying to adjust I didn’t find the class fun any more and dropped it. Hunter has always been the class I wanted to play it’s the cata-wod playstils I didn’t.

I’ve also always liked mm and bm more then survival so I can’t say I agree, I like bm as it is for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    they should just solve all this by making MM play like old SV. nobody likes casting 3 sec aimed shots anyway.
    Definitely not while standing still also... lol

I'd rather see a ranged rogue spec like "dark ranger" that takes elements from the old survival. Black Arrow, Explosive shot, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Range specs not equal to ranged weapon specs... I can actually argue there is only 1 ranged non caster spec right now. I do not like hard casting and standing still so mm is out, bm is boring and I've never liked the feel of doing no damage and being reliant on a pet, so that's out. I've never advocated deleting or changing the melee spec.. I just want to play like I used to.

- - - Updated - - -

He said they can't balance that kind of play and I was saying square managed to do it, so can bliz.
    Being a cat/rouge doesn’t equal being a warrior/dk, you can’t strip one side down to basics and not the other. If all meele are just meele all range are just range.

The thing is though I did want to play a hunter I had Mained a hunter from tbc-wrath and played it as my secondary in cata. I didn’t like the changes they had made going into cats and after. Whole expan of trying to adjust I didn’t find the class fun any more and dropped it. Hunter has always been the class I wanted to play it’s the cata-wod playstils I didn’t.

I’ve also always liked mm and bm more then survival so I can’t say I agree, I like bm as it is for the most part.
    cata-wod was the peak of SV so its no wonder you dont understand why people want it back. MM was pretty much least played spec in pve that whole time until the HFC tier with instant aimed shot that basically made it play like SV

I didn't like all the Cata changes either but at least the class\spec resembled themselves, and they ALL were ranged still (I had a number of friends quit around that time because the retards at blizzard can't get it though their head people hate relearning there classes every expansion) but this BS was enough to make me quit playing WOW altogether and I started when you had to be out of combat to drop traps.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    cata-wod was the peak of SV so its no wonder you dont understand why people want it back. MM was pretty much least played spec in pve that whole time until the HFC tier with instant aimed shot that basically made it play like SV
    Mabye it was the peak for you but it wasn’t for me, by the end of cata hunter felt bad to me tried to get back into it in both mop and wod but didn’t enjoy it at all. Survival going meele made me try it again and I liked all 3 specs on legion and am hoping I’ll like them in bfa as I really don’t want to drop hunters again.

Being a cat/rouge doesn’t equal being a warrior/dk, you can’t strip one side down to basics and not the other. If all meele are just meele all range are just range.
    That's the whole reason you don't understand then. You are assuming I don't like melee because it's melee. No I don't like melee because I don't like chasing monsters all over the place every time the tank decides to move a few steps. I don't like most of the casters in the game because I have never liked playing magic classes and watching cast bars makes the game feel slow to me (hence why I don't like MM). When wow launched warrior abilities were all on next attack (except mortal strike), when I tried playing one I got bored. I did however enjoy rogue because everything happened right away. That's how I felt about the difference between sv and mm. If I'm not playing a tank (in any game for that matter) I usually play a bow using class and if I don't like either, I stop playing the game. Hence why I stopped playing hunter after I finished the mage tower as bm on the first week.. lol. In ffxiv all abilities are instant and I played paladin and bard. Bard never felt like a caster to me in that game but i was sad that it was more of a support class once it got nerfed. You complained about not liking hunter playstyle post cata, I loved playing survival from t6 all the way to legion. Now it's enough for me to not even resub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    That's the whole reason you don't understand then. You are assuming I don't like melee because it's melee. No I don't like melee because I don't like chasing monsters all over the place every time the tank decides to move a few steps. I don't like most of the casters in the game because I have never liked playing magic classes and watching cast bars makes the game feel slow to me (hence why I don't like MM). When wow launched warrior abilities were all on next attack (except mortal strike), when I tried playing one I got bored. I did however enjoy rogue because everything happened right away. That's how I felt about the difference between sv and mm. If I'm not playing a tank (in any game for that matter) I usually play a bow using class and if I don't like either, I stop playing the game. Hence why I stopped playing hunter after I finished the mage tower as bm on the first week.. lol. In ffxiv all abilities are instant and I played paladin and bard. Bard never felt like a caster to me in that game but i was sad that it was more of a support class once it got nerfed. You complained about not liking hunter playstyle post cata, I loved playing survival from t6 all the way to legion. Now it's enough for me to not even resub.
    I’m not assuming any thing, not like if a spec or class is fine but just saying go play a different meele class is the same as saying go play a different range class. If you strip the rolls of any context then sure it doesn’t matter which one you play but a ret pally is no more a meele hunter then a mage is a ranged hunter:

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    We were first and you gleefully cheered on Blizzard stealing our spec: the ONLY spec with poisoned arrows and explosive munitions. Now you can't stomach the idea of the same happening to you. That makes you the selfish one here.

I also get a kick whenever a Survival apologist defends ranged Survival getting removed because it was apparently just a slightly different ranged weapon user while also vehemently defending melee SV becuase it's a slightly different melee weapon user.
    your melodramatics don't make you seem impassioned and stoic. it makes you look ridiculous.

do what they did for druids, bring in a fourth spec. i do dig the idea of a hunter spec that uses poisoned arrows, maybe dart guns, expanded traps, that kind of shit. that'd be fun as hell to play as a troll(almost shadow hunter fantasy).

then they could bring in a better melee spec than what they currently have. focus on martial prowess and the bond between master and companion instead of traps and grenades(what kind of fucking idiot would throw grenades at something they're standing right next to?)