Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Then you should have no trouble switching to mage or warlock to replace ranged Survival.

I've wanted a melee hunter since Wrath when I started playing, because no other melee has an animal companion (a shambling corpse for a DK is not an animal companion). Since no other melee fulfills what I wanted, they are irrelevant to the discussion of the benefits of a melee hunter.

While I wish BM had been made the melee spec so I could only have one spec to deal with (Marks and ranged Survival both suck), I'm quite thankful hunters finally get to be up there with their pet fighting.
    but I played a hunter because I wanted to play range, do you no see how changing the class/spec identity of something, is different from it being like that from the start? noone who picked hunter picked a hunter to play melee, it is something noone asked for, so why did we get it.

and honestly good for you if you wanted a melee hunter you are a really small minority - it's like saying we should ban all muslims because a vocal minority are racist - in an extreme example there are literally 230,000 marksmen hunters, and 11,000 survival hunters logged for heroic antorus, the numbers are basically the same for normal as well. Survival was a complete failure and a joke, and to keep it around for the sake of 5% of the marksmen population (not even including BM) is retarded.

Hunter is too polarised right now

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    and this is SURELY the right place to ask for it. /sarcasm off
    Lmao. For sure. Also love the hyperbole with 'millions'

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I actually prefer melee. I enjoy Survival but think it could use a few tweaks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    There's a glut of melee specs with a variety of playstyles. Ranged is less varied.
    Ah yes, the differences between MM and Survival was

Literally explosive shot and one other dot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Ah yes, the differences between MM and Survival was

Literally explosive shot and one other dot.
    They literally didn't share a single ability on ST in WoD. The only shot common to both specs was Multi Shot.

MM Rotation:

Aimed Shot
    Steady Shot
    Chimera Shot
    Kill Shot

Survival:

Explosive Shot
    Black Arrow
    Cobra Shot
    Arcane Shot

Literally none of the base abilities were shared between specs. The only shared abilities were the talents (Glaive Toss, Barrage etc).

But by now we're pretty much used to melee hunters making up all kinds of bullshit to justify butchering one of the most popular hunter specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eej View Post
    Not sure where you are getting the hybrid thing but Survival on Alpha is pretty fun to play, just waiting for more synergy across skills either through talents or passives.

Double wildfire is really fun though.
    Aspect of the Eagle turns your abilities into ranged for a short while and it's so awkward.

It's a cooldown for when you aren't able to stay at melee range. That's like saying Stormkeeper turns Ele Shamans into mobility casters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    They literally didn't share a single ability on ST in WoD. The only shot common to both specs was Multi Shot.

MM Rotation:

Aimed Shot
    Steady Shot
    Chimera Shot
    Kill Shot

Survival:

Explosive Shot
    Black Arrow
    Cobra Shot
    Arcane Shot

Literally none of the base abilities were shared between specs. The only shared abilities were the talents (Glaive Toss, Barrage etc).

But by now we're pretty much used to melee hunters making up all kinds of bullshit to justify butchering one of the most popular hunter specs.

cobra shot is steady shot with a different name....
    In essence, both specs could've been turned into one via talents. Whether you call that one Survival or Marksman (I prefer Survival-man) and switch the other one into something new, doesn't matter.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-02-22 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    No.

I like melee survival. Even if I don't play hunter.
    If you don't play a Hunter why the hell should 1/3 of our class be reserved for people like you?

Your post is everything wrong with Survival right now: it's just melee players putting a big "Reserved" sign on a ranged class.

We don't need survival back to ranged and it won't be (despite me and most people playing disliking it). At this point we just need to make them see that casting on a hunter without being able to move is not something a lot of us like. So either aimed shot becomes instant with a CD (solves most issues), aimed shot can be cast while moving (ok, but still casting), or there are talent options that give us an instant replacement to aimed shot. For those that enjoy the turret style, they could make a talent that makes aimed shot castable and do more damage but you can't move.

There, now most people are happy except for those that don't like lone wolf - which Blizzard apparently really doesn't want hunters to have a pet in mm for some stupid reason.

At this point it seems like Blizzard is trying to make a viable playstyle for everyone EXCEPT the people who liked survival.

They should just delete hunter, considering it's just physical mage and has been since Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Aspect of the Eagle turns your abilities into ranged for a short while and it's so awkward.
    Perhaps it'll seem less awkward in a raid fight that forces melee away from the boss, meaning you can just hit Disengage, pop AotE and keep Raptor Striking while that mechanic finishes, then harpoon back in?

I love melee survival stop trying to make it ranged
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I love melee survival stop trying to make it ranged
    I loved ranged Survival; stop trying to keep it melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Perhaps it'll seem less awkward in a raid fight that forces melee away from the boss, meaning you can just hit Disengage, pop AotE and keep Raptor Striking while that mechanic finishes, then harpoon back in?
    It's mostly awkward because it's a moderate CD ability that does nothing other than make raptor strike ranged, you still lose auto attack. If it allowed auto attack and maybe had a bit of a power buff (unless I'm forgetting about one being present, IIRC they removed the 10% or w/e crit to the new CD and left it as just a ranged RS buff) to it it might be somewhat attractive? idk it just feels weird to use atm because of what it does and how long the CD is / how long it lasts. It's very weirdly specific considering how literally every other survival ability functions. It is definitely not something you prioritize using.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    It's mostly awkward because it's a moderate CD ability that does nothing other than make raptor strike ranged, you still lose auto attack. If it allowed auto attack and maybe had a bit of a power buff (unless I'm forgetting about one being present, IIRC they removed the 10% or w/e crit to the new CD and left it as just a ranged RS buff) to it it might be somewhat attractive? idk it just feels weird to use atm because of what it does and how long the CD is / how long it lasts. It's very weirdly specific considering how literally every other survival ability functions. It is definitely not something you prioritize using.
    Ah, so in actual practice it ain't awesome? yeah... they should probably change it up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Ah, so in actual practice it ain't awesome? yeah... they should probably change it up then.
    Actually, it is fine. If the cooldown was shorter it would be more applicable in more situations in PvE, how ever this would effect Survival in PvP so that won't happen.

Survival is a lot of fun, and alot MORE fun in alpha. Maybe learn to adapt. Marksman and Beast Master are great ranged specs, even more so in Alpha. I am especially liking Marksman on alpha over live. It is just 1000000000000x better feeling to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter in general is absolute trash in Legion without ranged SV.

BM = summon a bunch of fodder, no real builder just boring finishers... feels like its missing an entire button to even the rotation seriously it is awful.
    MM = I mean do I really need to say anything other than vulnerability
    SV = It just sucks in every possible way, it is terrible in pve, terrible in pvp, literally the worst melee (and spec) in the game.

The only thing to make me play my hunter again would be ranged SV back and just hope to the old gods that they don't fucking destroy that rotation too but for real the odds of that happening are 0 so RIP huntard.

Deleted
    And yet the best score of all time dps on warcraftlogs for antorus is held by a sv hunter :P

Also you might be the one who sucks not the class/spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much I desperately miss ranged survival, I actually have played it in some lower key mythics and lfr, and sure maybe I might be a tad over-geared, but the damage is actually pretty good if you know what you're doing. The rotation isn't BM level easy but it isn't overly complicated either, just would be nice to not have melee hunter at the expense of a popular ranged spec, like others have said, given the lack of classes that use ranged weapons (a big attraction for me to main a hunter back in BC) it sucks between BM boredom and lone-wolf MM for any decent ranged dps.