Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Survival isn't terrible in PvE. That's a flat out lie.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Just do it. Millions would love to see it back.
    I'm in the Alpha and SV is a blast to play. I've been a BM main since the end of BC but this new rework to SV is super fun. It feels like a melee BM, with Kill Command and even a "Big Red Pet" button with Coordinated Assault. Harpooning in, hitting them a few times, Disengaging out, then Harpooning back in for the Focus regen via the talent is just great.
    /Catchphrase!

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    cobra shot is steady shot with a different name....
    In essence, both specs could've been turned into one via talents. Whether you call that one Survival or Marksman (I prefer Survival-man) and switch the other one into something new, doesn't matter.
    Yeah.. I agree.. too bad blizzard didn't do that though eh?
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Yeah.. I agree.. too bad blizzard didn't do that though eh?
    Well, they did half of that

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    I'm in the Alpha and SV is a blast to play. I've been a BM main since the end of BC but this new rework to SV is super fun. It feels like a melee BM, with Kill Command and even a "Big Red Pet" button with Coordinated Assault. Harpooning in, hitting them a few times, Disengaging out, then Harpooning back in for the Focus regen via the talent is just great.
    So they killed SV to work their way to a melee BM???? makes sense.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    So they killed SV to work their way to a melee BM???? makes sense.......
    "Ranged Survival is just Marksmanship-lite"

"Melee SV is great because it feels like melee BM"

Dear god, no. Melee survival is fun as it is, they just need to fix a bit of the ability bloat and tune its damage corespondingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    Dear god, no. Melee survival is fun as it is, they just need to fix a bit of the ability bloat and tune its damage corespondingly.
    Melee Survival is not just a few small fixes away from being good. It has a serious lack of appeal and lack of unique identity that are largely a result of it being melee, which is a core element of its design. If melee Survival is fun as it is, they wouldn't feel pressured to totally rework it after just one expansion and it wouldn't be so crushingly unpopular.

That's why people want ranged Survival back. It was an infinitely-better spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    I've been messing with it as well and its definitely a much better (and very fun) melee spec than the Legion mess that it was. I'll be playing my hunter just as much as my monk now when BfA goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton2388 View Post
    You guys fucked up melee survival that me and a shitload of other people really, truly enjoyed. The BfA survival is a bag of crap on fire.
    Thanks for that. I hope blizzard fucks up BM and MM, just so you get how it feels.
    Too late. Blizzard did that when they made a Ranger spec, a Trapper spec, and a remote controlled pet spec. They eroded what a hunter was until it no longer existed. So we know how it feels a lot more succinctly than you do.

That said, I'm sorry they ruined your spec for you. Just remember that they ruined it for us first.
    Last edited by Vees; 2020-01-13 at 07:59 PM.
    If I wanted to be melee, I would have rolled a Rogue.

I wish melee survival was a warrior or rogue spec, I really enjoy playing it, but there's no way I'm going to play melee when ranged is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    I loved ranged Survival; stop trying to keep it melee.
    you're shit out of luck then and have been for two expansions if you didn't realize

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    you're shit out of luck then and have been for two expansions if you didn't realize
    It's a hell of a lot more ranged than it was at the start of Legion. And given that we're getting Kill Shot back it looks like that trend will continue.

People somehow find legion/survival subjectively fun, which I find odd.

But some people like boring or meh rotations.

I just want them to bring back the 1 second GCD so I have a ranged I can play again.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    why wouldn't you want a spec that lets you take advantage of the melee weapon skins?
    I have little to no interest in melee combat.

And if the new melee spec is a replacement for an existing one which I very much do like to play then I'm not for the introduction of such a new spec.

Such was the case for Hunters, going into Legion.

But yeah, we are where we are now. Let's not repeat the same mistake twice. Return RSV as a 4th spec option instead.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    "Ranged Survival is just Marksmanship-lite"

"Melee SV is great because it feels like melee BM"
    Yeah...

I hated Legion survival, but I rather like BFA survival. I just won't play a melee spec when I can go ranged. If survival was a demon hunter spec or something, that would be pretty cool.