Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Aspect of the Eagle turns your abilities into ranged for a short while and it's so awkward.
    Perhaps it'll seem less awkward in a raid fight that forces melee away from the boss, meaning you can just hit Disengage, pop AotE and keep Raptor Striking while that mechanic finishes, then harpoon back in?

I love melee survival stop trying to make it ranged
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    I love melee survival stop trying to make it ranged
    I loved ranged Survival; stop trying to keep it melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Perhaps it'll seem less awkward in a raid fight that forces melee away from the boss, meaning you can just hit Disengage, pop AotE and keep Raptor Striking while that mechanic finishes, then harpoon back in?
    It's mostly awkward because it's a moderate CD ability that does nothing other than make raptor strike ranged, you still lose auto attack. If it allowed auto attack and maybe had a bit of a power buff (unless I'm forgetting about one being present, IIRC they removed the 10% or w/e crit to the new CD and left it as just a ranged RS buff) to it it might be somewhat attractive? idk it just feels weird to use atm because of what it does and how long the CD is / how long it lasts. It's very weirdly specific considering how literally every other survival ability functions. It is definitely not something you prioritize using.
    www.twitch.tv/aurakol

I do not stream seriously or regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    It's mostly awkward because it's a moderate CD ability that does nothing other than make raptor strike ranged, you still lose auto attack. If it allowed auto attack and maybe had a bit of a power buff (unless I'm forgetting about one being present, IIRC they removed the 10% or w/e crit to the new CD and left it as just a ranged RS buff) to it it might be somewhat attractive? idk it just feels weird to use atm because of what it does and how long the CD is / how long it lasts. It's very weirdly specific considering how literally every other survival ability functions. It is definitely not something you prioritize using.
    Ah, so in actual practice it ain't awesome? yeah... they should probably change it up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Ah, so in actual practice it ain't awesome? yeah... they should probably change it up then.
    Actually, it is fine. If the cooldown was shorter it would be more applicable in more situations in PvE, how ever this would effect Survival in PvP so that won't happen.

Survival is a lot of fun, and alot MORE fun in alpha. Maybe learn to adapt. Marksman and Beast Master are great ranged specs, even more so in Alpha. I am especially liking Marksman on alpha over live. It is just 1000000000000x better feeling to me.

Hunter in general is absolute trash in Legion without ranged SV.

BM = summon a bunch of fodder, no real builder just boring finishers... feels like its missing an entire button to even the rotation seriously it is awful.
    MM = I mean do I really need to say anything other than vulnerability
    SV = It just sucks in every possible way, it is terrible in pve, terrible in pvp, literally the worst melee (and spec) in the game.

The only thing to make me play my hunter again would be ranged SV back and just hope to the old gods that they don't fucking destroy that rotation too but for real the odds of that happening are 0 so RIP huntard.
    The greatest ever thread on MMO-Champion

I work a lot, fuck my life.

And yet the best score of all time dps on warcraftlogs for antorus is held by a sv hunter :P

Also you might be the one who sucks not the class/spec.

As much I desperately miss ranged survival, I actually have played it in some lower key mythics and lfr, and sure maybe I might be a tad over-geared, but the damage is actually pretty good if you know what you're doing. The rotation isn't BM level easy but it isn't overly complicated either, just would be nice to not have melee hunter at the expense of a popular ranged spec, like others have said, given the lack of classes that use ranged weapons (a big attraction for me to main a hunter back in BC) it sucks between BM boredom and lone-wolf MM for any decent ranged dps.

Survival isn't terrible in PvE. That's a flat out lie.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

why wouldn't you want a spec that lets you take advantage of the melee weapon skins?

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Just do it. Millions would love to see it back.
    I'm in the Alpha and SV is a blast to play. I've been a BM main since the end of BC but this new rework to SV is super fun. It feels like a melee BM, with Kill Command and even a "Big Red Pet" button with Coordinated Assault. Harpooning in, hitting them a few times, Disengaging out, then Harpooning back in for the Focus regen via the talent is just great.
    /Catchphrase!

Just do it. Millions would love to see it back.
    Not really, I play both MM and Survival and don't want ranged survival but I'm fine with a hybrid where you can do some dps from range.

p.s. I like the new changes coming in BfA.
    Last edited by Lynxium; 2018-03-23 at 08:35 AM.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    cobra shot is steady shot with a different name....
    In essence, both specs could've been turned into one via talents. Whether you call that one Survival or Marksman (I prefer Survival-man) and switch the other one into something new, doesn't matter.
    Yeah.. I agree.. too bad blizzard didn't do that though eh?
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Yeah.. I agree.. too bad blizzard didn't do that though eh?
    Well, they did half of that

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    I'm in the Alpha and SV is a blast to play. I've been a BM main since the end of BC but this new rework to SV is super fun. It feels like a melee BM, with Kill Command and even a "Big Red Pet" button with Coordinated Assault. Harpooning in, hitting them a few times, Disengaging out, then Harpooning back in for the Focus regen via the talent is just great.
    So they killed SV to work their way to a melee BM???? makes sense.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    So they killed SV to work their way to a melee BM???? makes sense.......
    "Ranged Survival is just Marksmanship-lite"

"Melee SV is great because it feels like melee BM"

Dear god, no. Melee survival is fun as it is, they just need to fix a bit of the ability bloat and tune its damage corespondingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    Dear god, no. Melee survival is fun as it is, they just need to fix a bit of the ability bloat and tune its damage corespondingly.
    Melee Survival is not just a few small fixes away from being good. It has a serious lack of appeal and lack of unique identity that are largely a result of it being melee, which is a core element of its design. If melee Survival is fun as it is, they wouldn't feel pressured to totally rework it after just one expansion and it wouldn't be so crushingly unpopular.

That's why people want ranged Survival back. It was an infinitely-better spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    I've been messing with it as well and its definitely a much better (and very fun) melee spec than the Legion mess that it was. I'll be playing my hunter just as much as my monk now when BfA goes live.