Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    There was a similar story about a year ago in the Calais camps, but that went almost unnoticed.

When it comes to sexual exploitation, apparently wealthy British businessmen at the Presidents Club are not in the same league as charity workers - our patriarchy are seemingly a bit meh.

From very very scant reading, the issue seems to be:

Charity shops employ mostly volunteers. As a result they often employ the youngest eligable workers (16 or younger) who are looking for some work experience. From that; predatory paedophiles also seek to get work at these charity shops to prey on said youngsters, due to the nature of the employment "expensive" background checks are not performed (and honestly, background checks for a retail job doesn't seem 'normal' so that side of it doesn't seem too criminal, maybe I'm well off on that). Most (nearly all) accusations of sexual assault at these work places aren't investigated. Some paedophiles then went with Oxfam to Haiti and got themselves some 'underage' prostitutes.

Is that most of it or?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There was a similar story about a year ago in the Calais camps, but that went almost unnoticed.

When it comes to sexual exploitation, apparently wealthy British businessmen at the Presidents Club are not in the same league as charity workers - our patriarchy are seemingly a bit meh.
    Wait, was wealthy British businessmen banging refugees?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Wait, was wealthy British businessmen banging refugees?
    No, they were inappropriate with hostesses at a charity fundraiser, and got so much criticism for it that the organisation was closed down and hospitals refused their donations, which ran into hundreds of thousands of pounds for one children’s hospital.

In Oxfam the Deputy CEO resigned, not the CEO, and the Guardian preached forgiveness.

The similar story I mentioned was aid workers sexually exploiting migrants at the Calais camp, but it was mostly women doing the exploitation there and nobody seemed to care much.

There seems to be some double standards in reaction - rich men sexually exploiting = off with their heads, male aid workers sexually exploiting = awful but forgivable, female aid workers sexually exploiting = meh.

Considering that the sexual exploitation by the aid workers was far in excess of what happened at the Presidents Club, it’s almost as if the level of outrage is tied directly to ideology.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First the Clintons rape their economy then Oxfam Rapes their people. Poor Haitians.

Paying a prostitute isn't sexual exploitation you wannabe femnazi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No, they were inappropriate with hostesses at a charity fundraiser, and got so much criticism for it that the organisation was closed down and hospitals refused their donations, which ran into hundreds of thousands of pounds for one children’s hospital.

In Oxfam the Deputy CEO resigned, not the CEO, and the Guardian preached forgiveness.

The similar story I mentioned was aid workers sexually exploiting migrants at the Calais camp, but it was mostly women doing the exploitation there and nobody seemed to care much.

There seems to be some double standards in reaction - rich men sexually exploiting = off with their heads, male aid workers sexually exploiting = awful but forgivable, female aid workers sexually exploiting = meh.

Considering that the sexual exploitation by the aid workers was far in excess of what happened at the Presidents Club, it’s almost as if the level of outrage is tied directly to ideology.
    I mean in general we as people are just not good with the concept that women sexually exploiting men and it being as grand a negative. I mean, go to any of our threads about a female teacher exploiting a male student, and a plethora of "nice" and comments on the teachers looks will be there. That's of course still not excusable, but it is an unfortunate reality.

As to outrage levels, we tend to put rich people on a higher pedestal, and that also means that when they fuck up, it is more of a controversy. Also they're rich and I'd take a guess famous, which means that it'll bring in more of a viewership that such a controversy happened, instead of some people on the other side of the globe. I can't comment as to ideology, I tend to not make those connections simply because it is murky water between journalists general opinion and views, to actual ideological pursuit.

Deleted
    They get paid fat salaries by donors (some have 200K+ annual salaries) and they go to poor countries to party and have sex with young hookers.

This is why I never, ever donate a cent to any organisation.

Most charities fail in moral leadership. There are few charities that have more than 10% of the funds received going to the actual charities goals. The author of "CRISIS CARAVAN" was a former African aid worker who said 90% of African aid doesn't make it to Africa, of that 90% of what money gets to Africa is wasted on things like 5 star hotels in every 3rd world county. She even gave examples of protection money given to groups who abuse the charities propertied victims getting more money than the victims themselves.
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.