Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaketdb View Post
    Hi all! I originally played a boomkin from vanilla until mid cata. I was forced to take a break due to some serious health issues. During the break my account was hacked and when I came back at the end of Draenor I was unable to get my account back. I created a new account and started to play a fire mage. I used to be in the top 5 of dps charts then around 7.3 I don't know what happened and I fell down the chart to the 6-13 range (all depending on what is in the raid). My ilvl is 949. I pretty much have every fire legendary there is available in game atm. Currently I am using Soul of the Archmage ring and Kil'Jaden's Burning Wish trinket as my legendary's. I have the 4 set bonus of the tier 21 gear set from Antorus. I have only done Antorus on normal and raid finder because with my low end dps I know I would not be much help in anything higher. If you want to look me up my fire mages name is my username here. I am trying to get some help to figure out what I am doing wrong so I can get my dps up again. I really don't want to have switch specs. I have tried to play frost and did not care for it, same with arcane. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    You're wearing the complete wrong legendaries, the only log i found of you was using the wrong talents, wrong spell usage. I dont say this to be mean but you are lacking some basic knowledge of your class/spec.

Which is why the best tip anyone here can give you would be to check out some guides, unfortunatly mmo champ doesn't have one atm but these links should be a good starting point. Some of the info may be a bit old but it will still be a big improvement if you can understand it.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fire-mage-pve-dps-guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqtEDSi4VpM

The youtube channel also recently did a 'get good for christmas' series. You should check it out. May seem like a lot of work but clearly you care enough about improving to post here, there are resources to help.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Ty for pointing out I have wrong legendaries on. I do know my class/spec, well did know it pretty well until 7.3 which as I said in my post was when I noticed everything had changed for me. I have always gone on icy veins . I wish the you tube video you linked was more up to date than ToS but *shrugs*
    As for when I looked up my own profile I am not sure why it has my gear all messed up because some of it I do not wear anymore and also has my talets messed up o_o
    And as for combat logs that is one thing I am not sure how to even use one >_<

Ty again for the advice Aktec. I am going to rework talents, relearn a different spell rotation and change up some gear and see where that leads me.