Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    How long before an Ancient Aliens episode comes out discussing this lost city? That's where I learn all my history from.
    I'm not saying they are impractical pyramid shape spaceships but... they are impractical pyramid shape spaceships.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Fun fact, the Spaniards smelled so bad that the Natives followed them with incense burners.
    Would that be frowned upon today?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The conquistadors really fucked them over.
    As much as the Spanish destroyed local cultures, this specific example was beyond their control. The classical mayas had been gone for half a millenium when they arrived.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Impossible? People can wear protective suits and cut down the trees. Come on.
    They could, but then el tigre de la noche might fuck them up when their back is turned.

Why explore centuries old ruins?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    Yeah we could learn stuff. Preposterous!

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yeah we could learn stuff. Preposterous!
    You could also destroy an ecosystem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Impossible? People can wear protective suits and cut down the trees. Come on.
    • you need money for that
    • you can't wear protective suit 0-24 in 36-38°C and +90% humidity
    • even the smallest bug bite can be lethal with no antidote nearby, no hospital within hundreds of km-s
    • they cut down enough trees by deforestation, but it's done with heavy machinery, as an explorer/archeologist you have like a machete that you can bring with you
    • once you are dropped to the jungle, you are cut from all backup, no food, no medicine, just that you can bring with you for 20-30 days

I'm pretty sure I have mentioned money. Archeologists and explorers are not rich ppl in common. They are adventurers, sponsored by someone in the hope of a great discovery that yields profit to everyone involved.

One movie comes to my mind suddenly: Contact (1997). No sponsors, no bullshit.

Oh, and there are the laws of the country too. You can't simply march into the area and take whatever you can find there.

TL;DR: You are delusional and infantile if you think it's so easy for an outsider to conquer the wild jungle.
    Last edited by mmoc9aac36c166; 2018-02-13 at 07:08 AM.

Deleted
    Who would win, a Maya Megalopolis or a few Spanish bois?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    Cuz of golden treasure?

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Fun fact, the Spaniards smelled so bad that the Natives followed them with incense burners.
    It's good to know that you promote intolerance against an entire group of people. I believe that's called racism.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The conquistadors really fucked them over.
    That's a Sig right there