Old Lightning Bolt Animation

There was once talk about bringing the old Lighting Bolt ball animation back via a glyph - with the new talent allowing for several overloads in a row, it could be the return of Lightning Bolt ball turrets (also I just think the new animation is really boring, lame ass 2D animation). Has there been any word on a glyph like this?

Would love it, basically the only Classic animation I'd say was a mistake to remove, rather than just updating the visual while keeping the concept.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Halwyn View Post
    Would love it, basically the only Classic animation I'd say was a mistake to remove, rather than just updating the visual while keeping the concept.
    I agree - though the current one is far better than the last reiteration (slow moving actual lightning bolt..?), and while it's great to have the spell reach its target instantly, it'd be real sweet to have the old animation back, at least as an option.

I loved the old lightning bolt. the new stream of lightning looks a little silly.. I just liked my little lightning ball flying at the target

I think lightning bolt is not done. They had done better animations than the ones currently on live, but they (and some players) didn't like the direction they went in so they scrapped it and are supposedly still working on them. I don't know about bringing back old animations, but the ones on live (lightning bolt and chain lightning) are not the final product of the spell revamp. And I agree with you about the current ones, I really dislike lightning bolt in particular.