Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What is Holy Paladin good at?

Group healing is next to non existing, single target is lowest in the game: it takes about 15 to 20 seconds to heal someone from 10% to 100% health (especially low in PvP). As MW Monk, Resto Shaman or Holy Priest i can do it in no time, bad mobility, poor survivability for a healing class... We only have some strong cooldowns and that's it?
    Can someone enlighten me why other healers can heal for around 50% more than Holy Paladin? Both single target and aoe?

10+ Year Old Account
    You must be joking? Don't do that much PvP, but in PvE holy does everything extremely well. Your single target healing is the strongest in the game. Holy is in a very, very good place right now. Check out this guy for tips on how to play your holy paladin. https://www.youtube.com/user/holypalaswe
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2018-01-02 at 01:01 PM.

Holy Paladins are quite good at being Holy, Paladining, and healing.
    Yours truly, Chaplain Obvioso.

Deleted
    Don't do that much PvP, but in PvE holy does everything extremely well. Your single target healing is the strongest in the game.
    Which is ironic, because Hpal have the lowest single target healing in PvP. Flash of light heal for the same amount as the healing surge from an ele shaman. (You need a PvP talent to make holy light worth using.)
    You are only good during wings, the only moment you can have the same healing as a resto shaman without any cooldowns.

Literal best healer in the game for everything PvE. Troll thread? Read a guide?

Like others have said Holy paladin in pve currently are monsters. The only fight that is unfavorable towards Paladin in Antorus is varimatras. Holy Paladin just has so many cooldowns to use back to back enough that on long fights youll have all your cooldown multiple times for every important part of the fight. Paladin keep having this niche they had almost forever now of strongest single target, but the rest of their kit always varied, now the entire kit is good, while still being king at one important thing. Its not like best aoe heals spot, which can really be interchanged between 3 classes.

The strong single target heal and multitide of cooldowns also make Mythic + much, much easier. The small groups are the easier time paladin has healing. So 5 man stuff are just jokes as paladin right now.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2018-01-02 at 10:43 PM.

DPSing, I don't play healers but Holy Pally was the easiest to get the healer Arty for....
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2018-01-03 at 01:29 AM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

You're probably just bad at the spec and/or class if you say holy pallys are bad.

Deleted
    Having one raidspot reserved in pretty much every roster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Having one raidspot reserved in pretty much every roster.
    ^this
    /10char

Deleted
    Maybe in pve, in PvP healing is super low.

They are awesome in PVP Arena and PVE (group and single target) but absolute trash in battlegrounds... which is what I'm assuming you're talking about here. You should be playing ret when it comes to battlegrounds, because you'll just get kicked and interrupted into oblivion in any large group battles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzeric View Post
    Literal best healer in the game for everything PvE. Troll thread? Read a guide?
    Yeah, no.
    Holy is in a good spot as allways but calling it the best in every pve situation?
    Hell no.
    A thing to consider imo is who is playing it cause it's much less forward then most other healingspeccs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Q: "What is Holy Paladin good at?"

A: Healing.
    Definitely gets you a raidspot if you know your spec that's for sure.

Myself as prot is a other story this xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    A thing to consider imo is who is playing it cause it's much less forward then most other healingspeccs.
    Holy Pally is probably the easiest healing spec to play.

Reactionary healer with easy to understand buttons.

Plate wearer with more Armour and HP.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2018-01-21 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Holy Pally is probably the easiest healing spec to play.

Reactionary healer with easy to understand buttons.
    I personally don't share that opinion.
    Pala has been my main for over a decade and I avoid holy.
    I rather heal on my priest or shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking about PvE, you are sorely mistaken.

Great ST healing: due to holy shock and IoL, that also applies to burst healing, if you can´t top some1 in 5 seconds or less, you are doing something wrong. And beacon of light says hi.
    Ok raid healing:, Dawn of light can be very useful when you get a nice position to heal 4-5 people in a cast, and if you you picked aura of mercy, you are a walking healing ward, don´t forget also Judgment of light, free healing for everyone!.
    Are you kidding about survivability? divine shield, divine protection, high HP, high armor.
    Cooldowns master: Avenging wrath, aura mastery (Sacrifice is one of the highest HPS cooldowns in the game used properly), Tyr´s deliverance is a FREE cooldown to heal a raid. Lay on hands is a priceless OH SHIT button.
    Mana mana: Watch other healers mana, look at yours and laugh.
    Utility: Blessings for everyone! A lot of mechanics can be easily ignored with freedom and protection, lower the incoming damage of your BFF with sacrifice.
    Damage: You have a big hammer. Use it. and get cozy with your melee friends.

Mobility is.. well, almost non existent, but we can´t be good at everything, right?

As said, this is on a PvE scenario, on PvP, in arena brings a lot of the previously written things, in BG... Try to look as a retridin, or you are going to be swarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Yeah, no.
    Holy is in a good spot as allways but calling it the best in every pve situation?
    Hell no.
    Well, it's the top healer in M+, it's the one healing class you can't really cut in raids, it doesn't care about mana, it has the best raid healing cooldown in the game, and it has the best raid utility of any healer.

"who is playing it" is a meaningless argument... any spec will be bad with a bad player piloting it.

"who is playing it" is a meaningless argument... any spec will be bad with a bad player piloting it.
    Tbh with a mediocre player behind it holy pala will still do better than mistweaver monk and especially disc priest. In my m+ pug experience with average players (I don't scan for m+ score etc.) paladins, shamans and druids do usually fine, while monks and priests struggle, and disc priest struggles the most - therefore I'd call it inexperienced player unfriendly.

Spec learning curve does matter for an average player, but holy paladin is not the most complicated healer. It's probably a healer class that can get out of "oh shi-" situation the easiest because many other healers need to expect damage intake and prepare for it to be the most effective.

Deleted
    Well, it's the top healer in M+, it's the one healing class you can't really cut in raids, it doesn't care about mana, it has the best raid healing cooldown in the game, and it has the best raid utility of any healer.

Ever heard of a learning curve? The who is playing it is a valid argument for every class/spec. Saying otherwise basicly means every one would book the same results.

Honestly Holy Paladins sacrifice normal AOE healing for a lot of single target healing.
    So when there is a single target that needs fixing (or two) you will probably be ZE BEST at it.
    But if there is a lot of spread AOE healing that you need to do while your party/raid is spread apart (like in dungeons) then you will mostly struggle.

Frankly... i have never found Holy Paladins to be enjoyable.
    I much more prefer the "really good at everything" approach than the "AMAZING at this one thing but really lackluster at the other stuff".

You are a bit better at single/duo target healing but your capability at spread AOE healing is the absolute worst, and even then you are relying on cooldowns.
    If felt awful in dungeons and in any other scenario where your team is forced to be really separated during AOE damage (how rare that is varies from raid to raid).
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2018-01-21 at 12:18 PM.