Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It's also much easier than getting MoP class challenge sets back then. You are not dependant on a group in this case, and only need to run 3 scenarios per character.
    Some people may have trouble with it due to the inability to get carried. Which was entirely possible in both MoP and WoD.

I did all three mage tower challenges on my hunter with one shot (Survival one took two shots because I am not used to the spec) and all I do on my hunter is LFR. I got 4 LFR tier pieces on her and that made it so easy. Like with one marked shot I take like 15% of Karam's hp...

It is really easy just do LFR on the alt you want the challenge done with, you don't have to get mythic 15 gear or normal or heroic gear, it is plenty easy with LFR gear!

Deleted
    They are shared among classes afaik, so if you unlock the appearances for Affliction, all affliction locks on the account can use it.

Now on your concern about leveling each class and doing the challenge. Let's be honest here, there are hundreds of weapon skins, not having a skin for a class that you may or may not level 5 years from now won't exactly make you cry at night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Some people may have trouble with it due to the inability to get carried. Which was entirely possible in both MoP and WoD.
    Well, I had the luck to be late to the party and could hop on to groups who already knew things because they have been repeating runs for their alts. But beside that, I did mechanics / tactics required and contributed with DPS (frost mage ftw!) and thus, I would not say that I got carried much.

On the other hand, going into Mage Tower challenges with item levels of 920 and higher already makes things much easier, some challenges are even easy with item level of 915. Agatha is ridiculous when Command Center is up, and with all the consumables you can use there, but not in other scenarios. Sigryn and Tugar is much more about mechanics than about DPS.

Of course, you will not be carried by other players. But there is much advice on the internet, videos about kills, and to some extent, overgearing. While I am not a bad player, I am surely not elite, either. I only had the benefit of leveling all characters early and progressing their gear, because I wanted to get all OH campaigns done and mounts, and then Mage Tower was introduced. :3

Edit: I am honestly considering to replay some of these challenges on additional alts with sufficient gear and legendaries, just because I can. It's so satisfying to finally get to that sweet spot of the boss having a few millions of HP left and things aligning perfectly for the kill.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-02-13 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I actually like the idea of having to perform on a given level of skill required for a given class to beat the Challenge - if the appearances where shared for multiple classes on a single encounter (e.g. Agatha unlocked appearances for all specs that would have to defeat her) it would cheapen the victory of getting it on that specfic class/spec, IMO.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It’s fine the way it is. I have about 15 done so far. Working on arcane Mage at the moment and I can’t do it for the life of me. I smashed it on my enhance shaman (main) but Arc Mage is not a spec I know. Do I deserve the Arc Mage skin? No, no I do not. Yet!

10+ Year Old Account
    For MoP Challenge Modes, you had to get full gold on every class to get the class set Tmog for each class.

For WoD C-modes, you just needed full gold on one class to get the weapons for all classes.

Blizzard - One step forward, two steps back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    It’s fine the way it is. I have about 15 done so far. Working on arcane Mage at the moment and I can’t do it for the life of me. I smashed it on my enhance shaman (main) but Arc Mage is not a spec I know. Do I deserve the Arc Mage skin? No, no I do not. Yet!
    I had the benefit of having Prydaz and Sephuz on my mage for that challenge (my last mage one), and also item levels of about 930. With that setup, things worked out well. You can burst all 3 at the beginning of the encounter, later kite with ABarr slow and spam AE on the move, and I also had specific macros for slowing Jarl and polymorphing Sigryn with target switches built in, so I could return to my last target immediately. As soon as you get through the bottleneck of all things happening at once, it gets easier. (My priority for this was - 1st poly Sigryn, 2nd dodge val'kyrs through the gap, then 3rd run over runes and save iceblock specifically if something in this priority cannot be pulled off.) You also have to spam mana shield much more if you don't have Prydaz or blink robe. Also have a frostnova available in case you have to restore mana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    For MoP Challenge Modes, you had to get full gold on every class to get the class set Tmog for each class.

For WoD C-modes, you just needed full gold on one class to get the weapons for all classes.

Blizzard - One step forward, two steps back.
    Since I am not a big fan of these weapons, only like the caster staffs aesthetically, I was fine with that solution.

And since you already have many other benefits from getting a character of every class to 110 (class-specific story from OH, mounts and other perks, a recolour of MoP challenge sets), it's not like this does not fit into the frame of Legion.