Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
    I never did any qusts in wod before 7.3.5, just treasures and the easiest bonus objectives. Arent these enough to get to 98?

Deleted
    This is my experience at the moment leveling Allied Races, all of them full enchanted hairlooms except the fishing ring.

Highmountain (Warrior Arms level 110): /played 2 days and aprox 21 hours.

- Level 20 to 60: Completed all quest on Ashenvale ---> Desolace ---> Felwood ---> Winterspring. I did some dungeons in between as DPS.
    - Level 60 to 80: Completed all quest on Howling Fjord (don´t go there, it´s a complete waste of time). I did a lot of dungeons in between as a tank. I did too all TBC heroic dungeons at least 2 times each one and I cleaned Serpentshrine Cavern's mobs at least 10 times. This is, by far, the worst leveling stretch.
    - Level 80 to 90: A friend (level 100) rushed me the Temple of the Jade Serpent 10 times then I completed all quest on Krasarang. I did lot of dungeons in between as a tank
    - Level 90 to 100: I have a lot of exp potions from garrisons so when I hit 92 I went to Gorgrond and do the bonus xp zones with the 300% buff. Easy.
    - Level 100 to 110: I did two invasions and main quest chain on Highmountain and Val'Shara.

Void Elf (Hunter BM level 80): /played 1 day and 20 minutes.

- Level 20 to 37: A friend rushed me Stockades several times.
    - Level 37 to 60: Same on Stratholme (main entrance).
    - Level 60 to 72: Same on Ramparts.
    - Level 72 to 80: I went to Karazhan. Awesome place to level.

Nightborne (Frost Mage level 55): /played 16 hours 40 minutes.

- Level 20 to 55: A friend rushed me Ragefire Chasm until I hit level 24 the I decided to do some quest. I did all quest on Stonetalon Mountains --->Dustwallow Marsh and now I'm leveling on Winterspring. I'm doing as many dungeons as I can as DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwon View Post
    This is my experience at the moment leveling Allied Races, all of them full enchanted hairlooms except the fishing ring.

Highmountain (Warrior Arms level 110): /played 2 days and aprox 21 hours.

- Level 20 to 60: Completed all quest on Ashenvale ---> Desolace ---> Felwood ---> Winterspring. I did some dungeons in between as DPS.
    - Level 60 to 80: Completed all quest on Howling Fjord (don´t go there, it´s a complete waste of time). I did a lot of dungeons in between as a tank. I did too all TBC heroic dungeons at least 2 times each one and I cleaned Serpentshrine Cavern's mobs at least 10 times. This is, by far, the worst leveling stretch.
    - Level 80 to 90: A friend (level 100) rushed me the Temple of the Jade Serpent 10 times then I completed all quest on Krasarang. I did lot of dungeons in between as a tank
    - Level 90 to 100: I have a lot of exp potions from garrisons so when I hit 92 I went to Gorgrond and do the bonus xp zones with the 300% buff. Easy.
    - Level 100 to 110: I did two invasions and main quest chain on Highmountain and Val'Shara.

Void Elf (Hunter BM level 80): /played 1 day and 20 minutes.

- Level 20 to 37: A friend rushed me Stockades several times.
    - Level 37 to 60: Same on Stratholme (main entrance).
    - Level 60 to 72: Same on Ramparts.
    - Level 72 to 80: I went to Karazhan. Awesome place to level.

Nightborne (Frost Mage level 55): /played 16 hours 40 minutes.

- Level 20 to 55: A friend rushed me Ragefire Chasm until I hit level 24 the I decided to do some quest. I did all quest on Stonetalon Mountains --->Dustwallow Marsh and now I'm leveling on Winterspring. I'm doing as many dungeons as I can as DPS.

So Method Zero powerleveling still works? I thought the mob xp was nerfed with a high level toon?

I have a 90 priest. I tried questing in WoD and it was horrible. Named elites/quest objectives felt like Argus rares. I have died a few times. The scaling is awful in WoD @ 90. I will be doing the potions/treasures/objectives thing...

Quote Originally Posted by monchwow View Post
    So Method Zero powerleveling still works? I thought the mob xp was nerfed with a high level toon?

I have a 90 priest. I tried questing in WoD and it was horrible. Named elites/quest objectives felt like Argus rares. I have died a few times. The scaling is awful in WoD @ 90. I will be doing the potions/treasures/objectives thing...
    Method 0 still works. It's just not quite as good. It's still a pretty good alternative to questing or dungeons in some cases. Although you should refer to this thread for the full details.

We've got mixed results. Some people are saying they can actually beat Method-0 using a mix of quests and random queues. My own testing shows that it's faster than pure questing, although with the caveat that you can only do it 10 times per hour. Meaning that in absolute real time, you'll have to find something to do between instance lockouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    A side note on enchants. I'm sure that I'm probably the last to notice it, but on a character in the mid 20s I was getting +1 Versatility using the weaker of the Legion ring enchants, but +11 using the stronger of the WoD enchants. I haven't leveled that character far enough to see when it changes to favor the Legion one.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    A side note on enchants. I'm sure that I'm probably the last to notice it, but on a character in the mid 20s I was getting +1 Versatility using the weaker of the Legion ring enchants, but +11 using the stronger of the WoD enchants. I haven't leveled that character far enough to see when it changes to favor the Legion one.
    It's better all the way to level 100. wowhead has the scaling options (Legion enchant stays at +30 at level 100 and jumps to +75 at level 101. WoD's gets to +50 at level 90 and stays that way). You can check most enchants there. Well except the proc ones, they usually show 0 damage/buff or whatever.

Enchants make a huge difference. My Warrior can usually deal twice the DPS that other good players deal, with it not even being worth comparing to the worse ones. Even as a Tank, getting +100 Strength from the Crusader enchant when your strength was supposed to be 200 is just huge. Wish I could find the chickenshotter bow enchant. Though I no longer need to level a hunter, I love collecting BoAs.

This is my current Enchant setup: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...zralon/dìnaru
    I've been lazy, but I wanted to replace all Haste for Crit and also discover whether or not there are good benefits to waist slots. I also stockpiled all possible weapon enchants to use for when Crusader stops being amazing.

If you're looking into enchanting a few more looms, the only tricky ones are the Shoulders and Legs. For those you'd need pandaria enchants, the thing about those is that they can only be used by level 90+ characters, but they can't be used on items with higher iLvl than 605. And after level 100, your looms go higher than 605, so you need a dedicated level 90 alt to apply those, lol. Or just buy all the different chants and apply them as you level up, I guess, that could work. Or buy a level 1 loom, enchant it with level 110 alt, and then upgrade loom to level 3. These are all viable tactics to get the enchants going. Sorry for rambling, I just took my sleep medication and it tend to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    Good move on blizzards part. Give people time to actually learn their spec and feel rewarded when they gain something extra, like a spell, a level or a piece of gear. Very educational. Maybe they should force all characters back to level one to reteach the community what a 'reward' is.
    While I completely abhor leveling in this game and hate hate hate hate hate HATE the extra time requirements coming all around, it's really refreshing to get to use most of your buttons before max level. Well, as a tank/healer, I guess. DPS is same old, same old. It just seems that it's wonky, still. Like in Dire Maul, you go the whole place and it's just fine then out of nowhere is an ogre with a group-wide fear that also hits like a truck. Most groups just won't handle him. then you have multiple dungeons where things hit like wet noodles, and just take longer to die. Difficulty is really inconsistent and all over the place. Still feel the difficulty increase could have been done without also increasing the time demanded. If anything, a higher difficulty should yield more rewards, meaning faster, not slower, leveling.

Even being pessimistic I can't really see any real difference in the world content, though. If anything, it feels faster due to less travel time. Given that these are what 90% of people are doing, is it really that much harder? I didn't even notice the supposed heirloom nerf. From levels 20 to 90 it was all same old same old "pull everything in sight and aoe them down" strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellithe
    Sorry for rambling, I just took my sleep medication and it tend to do that.
    I have a sleep disorder myself, no problem. Thanks for the extra information, between the Great Firewall and the revised version of No Script I find Wowhead has become nearly useless for me. For Hunter, I'm just leveling as Survival with Mark of the Shattered Hand on a spear. If I recall, I went with Agility and Versatility for stats and Hidden Satyr for Neck.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellithe View Post
    If you're looking into enchanting a few more looms, the only tricky ones are the Shoulders and Legs. For those you'd need pandaria enchants, the thing about those is that they can only be used by level 90+ characters, but they can't be used on items with higher iLvl than 605. And after level 100, your looms go higher than 605, so you need a dedicated level 90 alt to apply those, lol.
    I think from a practical standpoint it might not be worth it to actually bother with MoP enchants. At level 90 you're going into full speed treasure gathering mode if you have flying. I think it might just be easier to spend the gold on those enchants to buy faster flight to get treasures more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I think from a practical standpoint it might not be worth it to actually bother with MoP enchants. At level 90 you're going into full speed treasure gathering mode if you have flying. I think it might just be easier to spend the gold on those enchants to buy faster flight to get treasures more quickly.
    The Shoulder and Legs enchants are so strong up to level 90 that you might as well be wearing 1.5 to 2 pieces in the same slot. If I'm not mistaken, at level 20 the shoulder enchant is even stronger than the base stats on the loom shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I have a sleep disorder myself, no problem. Thanks for the extra information, between the Great Firewall and the revised version of No Script I find Wowhead has become nearly useless for me. For Hunter, I'm just leveling as Survival with Mark of the Shattered Hand on a spear. If I recall, I went with Agility and Versatility for stats and Hidden Satyr for Neck.
    Mark of the SHattered Hand has been nerfed into oblivion, pretty much any other enchant will be better than it. From my experience, all the damage proc ones are pretty weak right now, with the stat proc/static buff ones being superior. Hidden Satyr is amazing, though, for all classes and specs.
    Last edited by Vellithe; 2018-03-26 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayushi View Post
    I can't seem to access the World of Warcraft forum. I was reading a thread and when I attempted to return to the forum page, it's just a white screen (Safari on iPad) for me.

Tried to redirect through the base battle.net site (us.battle.net) and that site works. Using the "Game Forum" link from the menu there again leads to a blank white page?
    Maybe this ridiculous change to leveling is why the official forum seems to be down?

The Shoulder and Legs enchants are so strong up to level 90 that you might as well be wearing 1.5 to 2 pieces in the same slot. If I'm not mistaken, at level 20 the shoulder enchant is even stronger than the base stats on the loom shoulders.

Mark of the SHattered Hand has been nerfed into oblivion, pretty much any other enchant will be better than it. From my experience, all the damage proc ones are pretty weak right now, with the stat proc/static buff ones being superior. Hidden Satyr is amazing, though, for all classes and specs.
    Only enchants I get are Hidden Satyr and Elemental Force for weapon, I do notice a difference with the weapon, not much, but it's only a few hundred gold (if that depending on server) so it's not bad... Hidden Satyr though is amazing, I can't say enough how awesome it is.

It was my impression that they simply didn't work before 90. Is this not the case?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Only enchants I get are Hidden Satyr and Elemental Force for weapon, I do notice a difference with the weapon, not much, but it's only a few hundred gold (if that depending on server) so it's not bad... Hidden Satyr though is amazing, I can't say enough how awesome it is.
    Last I checked, Hidden Satyr on my server group was like 7-9k gold. Not worth it, IMHO. But if it's cheaper, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It was my impression that they simply didn't work before 90. Is this not the case?

- - - Updated - - -

Last I checked, Hidden Satyr on my server group was like 7-9k gold. Not worth it, IMHO. But if it's cheaper, maybe.
    It is relatively expensive depending on your gold stores, for sure, it's ~7k. I snagged it for 3k on my Paladin.

It procs a LOT (practically guaranteed on opening attacks), and adds a significant amount of damage throughout a fight. With how long some trash mob fights can take in the later leveling ranges, anything that helps me kill faster is worth it. 7k is about the cost of an heirloom with one upgrade and that enchant is totally worth that.