Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Waste 60 hours just to unlock actual game? No thanks.
    Have fun playing whatever else, then.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    You are complaining too much about us complaining about new leveling. Waste 60 hours just to unlock actual game? No thanks.
    Just accept it, leveling is pointless waste of time and should have been made optional years ago.
    Simple 2 buttons on character creation screen would have fixed all problems: start from lvl 1 (for idiots that love to waste theirs time on leveling) and start from max current expansion level (for those who only care about what happens at max level).
    No, its not. Leveling is part of the game.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I tanked a Stratholme run on my 44 warrior with nothing but white gear, didn't seem overtuned to me. Group was amused.
    No one believes that m8

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    So there are two types of people in this thread. "Veteran" players that are convinced instant gratification systems ruined the game and Veteran players that actually see the evolution of MMO convenience on a mass scale.

It's not just WoW that moved on from EQ1 type gameplay. And WoW's questing design should certainly evolve a little after 14 years of literally the exact same quest types repeated over and over and over again to no limits.

And if there is nothing to innovate then Blizzard should be perfecting it, not catering it to dopamine addicts by affixing a Skinner's box to literally everything in order for the button press to feel satisfying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroyama View Post
    Then make it an interesting part of the game. There is a reason so many players want to get to level cap and bypass it entirely, and it has everything to do with absolutely no meaningful character progression or interesting plot, narrative or story.

A perfect example would be streamlining all those old raids, making a queue'd random raid finder that gives a bunch of bonus experience for running one synching everyone to their level with an average ilvl. Could be old AQ40, could be Ulduar, could be ToT.

But hey, Blizzard doesn't have the time and forethought to do that when they are busy secluding that kind of content off into things like timewalking.

Gotta make it feel exclusive, because if you don't, god forbid, then it might become 'boring'. *Rolls eyes*
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2018-02-13 at 06:34 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroyama View Post
    It's 14 or so years old by now though and so is the leveling experience. An experience that to me, the way it is now, is just the same tedious leveling experience we had before 7.3.5 only ,for me, 50% slower with casting specs like fire mage being just unplayable with the pace at which you acquire new skills and the extremely low sub stats like crit which are quite essential.

If you don't like leveling new characters then don't do it? I don't see what the glaring issue is here. People are losing their mind cause leveling takes time. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to level new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    If you don't like leveling new characters then don't do it? I don't see what the glaring issue is here. People are losing their mind cause leveling takes time. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to level new characters.
    Anyone that cared about having alts levelled them a long time ago. The levelling changes are great for new players and for those who truly enjoy all aspects of the game.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    And how does that solve the problem? what if I fancy playing a different class? this one happens a lot to me, i just get temporarily bored of the class i'm maining atm and just feel like switching it up a bit or just want to try out something new that i might enjoy more. But wait .... i have to spend, i've seen people claim, somewhere between 50-60 hours(so not my numbers since i couldn't be arsed after the 7.3.5 changes to level beyond 52), in misery just so i can get to the part that's actually fun? Especially since most of my issued get resolved once you get to legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you're complaining about complaining...good for you!

Complaining too much is the name of the game on MMOC.

If you want nice threads about fun things in WoW or want to see people happy with the game you should checkout the WoW subreddit. MMOC is for hardcore whining about everything.

Honestly the levelling will never be as bad as Vanilla so anything less tedious is great, current levelling is fine pace wise, the real nerf was to people using heirlooms.

Not that mad they nerfed heirlooms, it was pretty silly to see how quickly you could get through content before the nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    And how does that solve the problem? what if I fancy playing a different class? this one happens a lot to me, i just get temporarily bored of the class i'm maining atm and just feel like switching it up a bit or just want to try out something new that i might enjoy more. But wait .... i have to spend, i've seen people claim, somewhere between 50-60 hours(so not my numbers since i couldn't be arsed after the 7.3.5 changes to level beyond 52), in misery just so i can get to the part that's actually fun? Especially since most of my issued get resolved once you get to legion.
    Then level a new class. If you're bored go back on your main. If you're bored leave the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Then level a new class. If you're bored go back on your main. If you're bored leave the game.
    Leveling a new class atm just makes me miserable not bored. Classes at low level just feel horrible to play imo.
    I'm not really bored it's just my personal FOTM, for a lack of a better word. It's just me seeing an interesting mechanic or spell or whatever that just makes me want to try out that class. For example watching footage from asmon, makes me really want to try out the class because it has some nice animations and the artifact weapon looks cool imo, but imo the leveling experience is just too much of the same experience i have since WOTLK that has just gotten worse over the years.
    Take fire mage for example. That spec just doesn't work imo, with 2 fireblast stacks no pheonix flames and the biggest problem the extremly low crit rate you have unless you are well geared, which is never going to happen before 110.

lightforged mage - currently level 37, played for bit over 9 hours. Been in darkshire and now soon done in stv.

Been a long time since I started fresh, but the pace is allright to me. Like how I can finish a zone without getting green quests.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicFlame View Post
    Leveling a new class atm just makes me miserable not bored. Classes at low level just feel horrible to play imo.
    I'm not really bored it's just my personal FOTM, for a lack of a better word. It's just me seeing an interesting mechanic or spell or whatever that just makes me want to try out that class. For example watching footage from asmon, makes me really want to try out the class because it has some nice animations and the artifact weapon looks cool imo, but imo the leveling experience is just too much of the same experience i have since WOTLK that has just gotten worse over the years.
    Take fire mage for example. That spec just doesn't work imo, with 2 fireblast stacks no pheonix flames and the biggest problem the extremly low crit rate you have unless you are well geared, which is never going to happen before 110.
    Buy a boost for your fire mage. If you don't feel like it try leveling. If you don't feel like it dont. No one is forcing you to play an alt and you can't expect the game to be reduced to something it isn't cause you don't like leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    Buy a boost for your fire mage.
    I wish people would stop using that argument. It just isn't a viable solution.
    I am not expecting the game to be changed for everyone. I definitely do not want to force my way on anyone that might not want it.
    If they aren't going to properly revamp the leveling experience, like a complete overhaul to a more modern one, all i want is the option to buy a heirloom trinket for example, that all it does is give me like 500%, yes 5 hundred, increased experience. The most fun i had leveling since i capped my second or so alt in WOTLK was leveling with my cousin during the 300% RAF bonus xp where i quite enjoyed leveling actually because it was like a bandaid for what i consider to be the problems with leveling.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aproydtix View Post
    I've seen many posts complaining about how the new leveling system makes leveling take too long or mobs are too difficult.
    Yeah, sure, I can fully agree that there are a few quirks in the system, some level brackets are quite hard and some are really easy etc.
    That said, leveling doesn't take too long, not at all...

It took me less than 60 hours game time to level from 20 to 110 on my Void Elf Shadow Priest.
    What I had/did:
    - I did nothing but solo questing (except for WoD)
    - I had a full set of heirlooms, including two rings
    - I had all types of flying
    - In WoD I used the Garrison exp pot along with flying to pick up treasures and do the occasional Bonus Objective
    - In Legion I got to do one Invasion before reaching max level

So I basically did no grinding, glitching, or exploiting.
    I'm not saying that it doesn't take longer than it did before the patch, but it still doesn't take TOO long, this is still some of the fastest leveling we've had since the game first launched.
    It also feels like a breath of fresh air to do quests again, rather than spamming dungeon queues non-stop, and being able to stay in a zone until you feel like you're done with it is great, and also reduces travel time a lot.
    But that's the point here, People like myself that enjoyed Dungeon spamming and hated leveling in the Old World now have to deal with hours of boring content that we hate.

I don't give a shit that they overhauled leveling, they can keep it for all I care, I just want dungeon spamming to still be a completely viable way to level. Which has literally been my number 1 issue with this entire change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Lol blizz just can't win. You think this leveling is bad you should of played classic back in the day.
    Excusing something for being Bad because something in the past was worse is just inane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goretex View Post
    Lol blizz just can't win. You think this leveling is bad you should of played classic back in the day.
    Excusing something for being Bad because something in the past was worse is just inane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak on behalf of the entire community, but I've seen quite a few people level by spamming LFD. There's nothing wrong w/ doing a dungeon for the first time and completing all the available quests, but doing the dungeon again is wasting time. I will admit leveling is a little bit slower, but not by much. Questing doesn't take drastically longer and that's the most efficient way to level. Now that dungeons take longer, the people who used to spam LFD assume leveling as a whole takes longer. Just don't do any dungeon more than once and quest between queues.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Complaints about it taking too long to level now are preference based, and sure okay - i don't agree, but they have a valid view so good for them expressing it.

Complaints about killing mobs being too hard to kill now though? Quit now and make room for someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I've been leveling up a new Shadow Priest (Nightborne), using the appropriate Heirloom gear that grants +XP% bonuses as well as an Heirloom staff and trinkets. So far this is my impression:

1.) Overall leveling time is increased significantly, though I doubt that part was ever in contention.
    2.) Each zone seems to net me about 4-5 levels depending, with each hub representing 1-2 levels for the quests they provide.
    3.) I've not done much dungeon running on this character, preferring to focus on the questing flow and changes to the overworld hubs and structure. From the couple dungeons I've done, they generally net about .75 to 1 level's worth of XP (including quest completions from the NPC's inside).
    4.) You get a much better feel for your class overall, delving into primary and secondary skills by virtue of actually having to fight mobs instead of mass-killing in droves. The overall playstyle is much more akin to leveling unaided (although your power level is still somewhat higher and the danger to you is minimized).

Personally speaking, my overall reception is positive. I'm not grinding the experience, though; but generally playing the character 1-2 hours per evening and completing a given zone within 1-2 days (so averaging about 2-3 levels per day). The pace of leveling also seems to be increasing as I go up in levels, I am now in Northrend at level 65 with the Howling Fjord having so far supplied me from 60-65 (I believe the Outland, Northrend, and Cata zones will likely provide more XP per hub). I can see how grinding would be an onerous and thus annoying process, however; especially if your sole goal is the heritage appearances and nothing else.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The most fun I've had recently in WoW has been stomping (and leveling) through dungeons on an overpowered killing machine, preferably with 2+ other overpowered killing machines. I cannot do that in the same way anymore due to the nerf of heirlooms and the changes to dungeons. But that's just what i enjoyed doing, it sounds like the changes are generally very positive for new players and those that enjoy questing.