New to DH after long time off

I wanted to play my DH Havoc again, after a long break, which I haven't really touched him too much since last Summer. He's in 4pc T20, but totally confused how to play him now in 7.3.5 ? I want to get away from my Frost DK, which is i949, and I'm not doing the best dps numbers on him, plus I find the class to be very dull and boring to play, I need a break from my Frost Knight.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...in/dingohunter

I read that the Demonic build is pretty much the ONLY build for Havoc only right now ? But that's based on if you have 4 pc T21, which I have zero right now. So is it true to still stick to the T20 Blades build until I get all T21 pcs ?

Since I haven't touched my DH in like 6 months, I ran Maw of Souls real quick last night, and only recorded my final boss fight, and it showed me doing 600k dps on that fight, but I noticed some cd issues, certain times I was waiting for CS to cd, or other spells just taking like a second before I could use them again.

What's the best way get my dps up right now before T21 ?

My boss fight rotation is Arcane Torment + Chaos Blades + Nemesis + Meta + Chaos Strike + Fel Blade + Blades Dance

And my typical rotation for simple World Quest crap is a simple three spell rotation of Fel Blade + Blades Dance + Chaos Strike spammed all the time until out. With Chaos Strike getting the priority, and then Throw Glaive when those on cd.

And for once I get T21 4pc, I have zero clue on that one, all I know is Eye Beam is king there, and it's a radical different play style and completely new set of spells to use than the Blades build.

Deleted
    Until you get t21 yes ofcourse stick to t20.

T21 revolves around your eyebeam yes and its a bit rng depending on how many souls you regenerate. If you search forum you will find a guide on how to play t21 better.

In essence though it just revolves around keeping eyebeam metas as frequent as possible while spamming annihilations for as long as possible whilst trying not to waste shards for more eyebeams.

At start of fight ideally stay still until near the end when its time to pick up orbs. you basically start with nemesis db till you can eb, spam annih, db back to full, spam chaos till whatever your eb costs, meta, eb, spam annih, collect shards for more spam then eb again when your fury is low <-- its not the absolute rotation or anything, i don't do high end raiding in this expansion and only do casual hcs now and again but thats pretty much the gist of how it plays out.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-02-13 at 02:25 PM.

Best advice would be to read the guides on the demon hunter discords or wowhead, they are maintained by the same people.

In terms of demonic being the only option, no not really but it depends a lot on what ilvl your t20 is and your prefared play-style. Generally at equal ivl T20 will outperform T21 especially on shorter fights or fights here there are short burst windows, however there is not a massive difference between the two, with maybe one exception in the current raid.

The main issue is that for the vast majority of players they will never have T20 at equal ilvl to T21, and once the ilvl gap becomes to big for the average player the benefits of switching to demonic will produce more consistent and higher dps, less focused on burst windows and more steady reliable numbers.

In an ideal world, with 980 ilvl t20 and t21 you would likely swap tiers based on boss fight rather than having a clear winner. Hope that helps, but TLDR, both sets are viable if the ilvl is close, play whichever you prefare, if you want to min/max 90% time T21 is the safer bet.

I know I haven't played my Demon Hunter and over 6 months and my first time playing at Mall of souls last night only doing 600k DPS made me upset and wondering what I'm doing wrong?

But I'm still in 4pc T20 old gear.

Deleted
    Itemlevel? Legendarys?
    We need more informations to judge if 600k dps is good or bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    Itemlevel? Legendarys?
    We need more informations to judge if 600k dps is good or bad for you.
    Link to my character is in the first post.

Well, first of all, you should use "First Blood" instead of "Chaos Cleave" as long as you use T20. With T21 CC is correct.
    This means that Blade Dance / Death Sweep is your highest priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Well, first of all, you should use "First Blood" instead of "Chaos Cleave" as long as you use T20. With T21 CC is correct.
    This means that Blade Dance / Death Sweep is your highest priority.

I have the ring, giving me First Blood by default, so I also get a second talent to choose in that tier, and I picked Chaos Cleave.

Ah, right, my bad! Just looked on talents and only a bit on gear (like enchants/sockets)
    You don't have any other legendaries, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Ah, right, my bad! Just looked on talents and only a bit on gear (like enchants/sockets)
    You don't have any other legendaries, right?
    I have these leggos, on this character;

- Sephuz's ring
    - Raddon's head
    - Chaos Theory cloak
    - Cinidaria belt
    - Soulf of the Slayer ring

With your legendary setup:
    For M+ I'd generally recommend the eyebeam build in fortified weeks with Raddons + Sephuz at trash (as you should use kick/stun very much) ; at bosses, depending if adds or not, Soul + Raddons (cleave) or Chaos Theory. In tyrannical weeks I'd use the T20 build and Sephuz/Soul for trash, Chaos/Soul for bosses. When you get the 4pcT21, use the same setup as the one in fortified.
    But that's just my own preference and probably not the very best. I don't do 17+ keys and DH is not really an alt I play very often.

PS: enchant/socket your gear, will help a bit, too.

600k dps at helya with raidfinder items and 970 leggos it's kinda ok.

I thought Wowhead was supposed to be pretty accurate and up to date on guides ?

For 7.3.5 they're showing the Blades build as current option, I thought Demonic was the new choice ?

http://www.wowhead.com/havoc-demon-hunter-talent-guide

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I thought Wowhead was supposed to be pretty accurate and up to date on guides ?

For 7.3.5 they're showing the Blades build as current option, I thought Demonic was the new choice ?

http://www.wowhead.com/havoc-demon-hunter-talent-guide
    That's a result you get when simming at the same itemlevel for pure ST.
    In reality your t21 has an higher itemlevel than most peoples t20.

In addition: the majority of the playerbase doesn't have mythic level t21. So it's 945 heroic t21 vs at least 915 t20 (or 930+ if you pug mythic tos)
    That's such a small difference that t20 CB build could very well be better or on par with t21 demonic for most people