Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Hold the fuck up, 940+ only for a fucking +10?

Aight this is straight up some cancererous bs. Nuke it from orbit. This shit is not healthy for the game in any way. Literally can't get into a group for a shitty 10 key for my rogue until I vastly outgear it to the point I would never bother doing a 10 on it unless I was a complete shit tier noob?

10's are so easy you should actually just straight up take the first 920+ people who fit the role you need to fill. Don't even screen, just invite whoever queues first and do it. Otherwise you are wasting time or srsly being the worst kind of person in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolknerd View Post
    Aight this is straight up some cancererous bs. Nuke it from orbit. This shit is not healthy for the game in any way. Literally can't get into a group for a shitty 10 key for my rogue until I vastly outgear it to the point I would never bother doing a 10 on it unless I was a complete shit tier noob?

10's are so easy you should actually just straight up take the first 920+ people who fit the role you need to fill. Don't even screen, just invite whoever queues first and do it. Otherwise you are wasting time or srsly being the worst kind of person in this game.
    When someone puts a grp finder up, there's typically 5-10 dps near instantly queing, why on earth would someone invite the 920, over the 950?

920 is LFR level gear. I don't want the LFR population in my group for anything.

Make. Your. Own. Group.

I ask for 965 for 10's- Because I'm a tank, and I can.

Anything 935 and under gets insta-declined. Why? Because I can.

It's nothing against those lower geared people, but why bother taking a gamble when I get a nonstop avalanche of 960-970 people queuing up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    920 is LFR level gear. I don't want the LFR population in my group for anything.

Exactly this.

5+ Year Old Account

Cant wait till you get to the point you want to try a 15 and then get repeatedly turned down because you do not have a high raider.io score lol. In all seriousness though, if you want to play in a certain community you have to play by that communities rules. In the pug community as it stands, you generally overgear it to death, its been that way all xpac, where you been?
    You asked a question and I gave you the answer. You might not agree with or fully understand the answer, but, it is correct because of reasons.”

You know what, I see people bitching about this all the time and never make their own groups so let's face it I am going to ask. What do people like you want that is realistic and doesn't mean as a tank I have to be stuck with (if you have to invite the top player) 3 people of same class that could quite simply put hold me back. I want to get stuff done. Plus DPS are a dime a dozen, I put up a M+ and in moments I have a page full of them. I want a good balanced group so I'll pick what I want.

people can make these threads all they want, it comes down to supply and demand, people can set the requirements since they still get enough supply while setting it. so as always it comes down, make your own group, run with guldies and friends, (eventhough i often see people complaing ingame and they set the same requirements aswell themselfs when making a group cause they want a quick run)

Make.

Your.

Own.

Group.

lol another person who spends more time whining about getting into a group than making their own group, this never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Make.

Your.

Own.

Group.
    Extra buttons and stuff, ya know.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    When someone puts a grp finder up, there's typically 5-10 dps near instantly queing, why on earth would someone invite the 920, over the 950?
    Idk. I literally couldn't find a group for my +18 brh key this week. No one applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's been this way since Wrath, even. Back then it was 5k GS for heroic dungeon spam. (Where 5k GS usually involved full T10 and ICC raid gear.)

This is not new whatsoever. It's still just as cancerous as it was back then.
    no one asked for GS to do some heroics lol

tho 6k gs for VoA no slackers pls was somewhat common

I swing by these forums every once in a while just to see what's going on with the game (though less and less often these days), and I am torn between amusement and dismay to see the exact same threads still cropping up.

People will take the highest geared people they can.

Some of those looking for very high gear/item/whatever will be people who just want a quick run, and while a higher level of gear won't guarantee that, it's better than nothing.

Some are actively looking to avoid people that don't do anything harder than LFR, and item level is one way to attempt that.

Some are incompetent morons who want people to carry them. They may think gear=skill (see: "incompetent moron"), or they may use any of the above reasoning, but either way they want to be carried, so they look for the best people they can find.

Some are elitist jerks. This is a non-exclusive category that can include any or all of the above.

At the end of the day, you cannot know what motivates them without asking (and even then, you're probably going to get insults sooner than explanations.) What you can know is the following:
    -Complaining about it won't change anything.
    -None of the people you complain about are going to see this thread.
    -The community has acted like this since at least Wrath of the Lich King, and if you include manual gear inspection you can easily include TBC heroic dungeons as well ("come to Shat for /inspect", anyone?)
    -This does not violate any game policies or rules, so nothing will be done about it.

If you need to vent, feel free I guess, but at the end of the day you won't change these people... and I always felt I was better off without them (particularly when the person forming the group did not meet their own requirements.) Good (here meaning "practical and effective") solutions include:
    -Joining a guild that matches your schedule so you can run with guild groups.
    -Getting enough gear that you meet their requirements.
    -Forming your own groups.

Edit: Also, 920 LFR ilvl? I had forgotten just how terrible gear inflation in this game had gotten...
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2018-02-13 at 03:04 PM.

I can tell from the context of your statement, the reason Raider.io is a thing, is because of players like you. Which those of us who use Raider.io, want to avoid.

I had a zero score about 2 months ago, now I'm 3200. It's very, very, very easy to raise your score if you enjoy doing mythic + runs. This system is around because the MAJORITY of players in this game, have no clue how to do DPS whilst also doing mechanics. I sell carries for gold, and the amount of 940-960 players that buy runs, and cannot sustain over 800k dmg for the entire run, or not die anywhere from 5-10 times per run is staggering.

This system is in place for a reason. If 10's were so easy, you wouldn't have a problem getting into a group to do them. The problem is, when 5 920's get into a group together, they generally won't finish that 10 on time. And I'm betting, you would be part of the problem.

It's not cancerous, you think it's exclusive. Which is why you hate it. But the neat thing about this is, anyone can run the keys once they have the gear, and improve their score. Then this would no longer be an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Idk. I literally couldn't find a group for my +18 brh key this week. No one applies.
    No one applied for doing a +18 of one of the least liked dungeons, on a week with sanguine that is horrible to deal with in BRH and makes some of the parts incredibly tedious (like the corridor after the second boss)? Who would have thought :thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Ham on Rye View Post
    It's a 10, you crazy person. It only drops 915 gear. Which is Antorus LFR I lvl. >.>

There are only 3 types of people that want to do these shitty lower level keys: people trying to gear their fresh alts quickly who don't suck. Overgeared shitlords that make you want to gouge your eyeballs out because they somehow deplete a 10 when they totally overgear it, and your friends that are willing to carry you.

For the most part you are just wasting time demanding extremely better geared people for low lvl shit content that is only dropping low lvl gear anyways. And not only that, this level of key for the current gear lvls is where people are actually going to start learning the dungeons, if done at an appropriate gear level.

If I see you doing this I will totally hop on my overgeared main, you will probably instant invite me and then I will take a fat dump on your group after you put that key in. Cuz nah homie. I worked my ass off already on several toons, you are doing nothing beneficial to this community or even yourself really when you demand that whoever joins your shitty key be able to speed carry you through it.

What's worse is I join these low lvl keys on one of my other toons and not even a thank you...you people literally expect it.

You are everything wrong with this game. Go ahead and keep defending this nonsense, if you have a right to do this I certainly have a right to screw you over by making you think ima carry you on my 960-970+ other toons and straight up ditching you after you put that key in, there is no rule that I can't leave your group whenever I want.

God forbid that I want to do a 10 of a dungeon I actually want to do on my appropriately geared for that alt.

These dungeons are so easy you should just invite whoever queues, that's the point. If you're arguing otherwise, you probably don't have a job, no real responsibilities at all, and live at home. Hence your attitude about this. No sane and rational, mature person is doing this kind of shit or defending it.
    Last edited by Mjolknerd; 2018-02-13 at 03:08 PM.

Pugging in this game used to be about reputation rather then gear. Ahh good old Vanilla and TBC, Wrath was begining of the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Make.

Your.

Own.

Group.
    Or skip that trash of gameplay completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Make. Your. Own. Group.

I ask for 965 for 10's- Because I'm a tank, and I can.

Anything 935 and under gets insta-declined. Why? Because I can.

It's nothing against those lower geared people, but why bother taking a gamble when I get a nonstop avalanche of 960-970 people queuing up?

Exactly this.
    Not only did you beat me to the punch, you NAILED the post so smoothly that I MAY need some ALOE even though I didn't even make the post

Agreed Fully: other than making your own group (which is easy), When I see people in group finder that are 930, you can almost bet they are 6-10 iLvl's lower based on Legendaries etc.. MUCH HIGHER UP at 960-970, you can bet they are MAYBE 3-5 MAX lower ilvl... it's also power creep, why take someone who's low/hasn't even done a 10 when you can take people that have completed higher than yourself/are likely better.. I'd rather have BETTER than me people in my group, wouldn't you?

Deleted
    instead of telling people how to set up their grp, open a grp on your own. The only thing cancerous here is people always whining about shit and not willing to put in some effort. there is a reason why people demand score, acms or ilvl...