Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    From my point of view there were 4 hard bosses (compared to other HC bosses) on hc this addon: Cenarius, Helya, KJ and Coven.
    I'd agree with these 4 as the hardest heroic fights of this xpac. In order I'd say Coven=KJ>Helya>Cenarius
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do it right.

Although I'm surprised to see people consider Coven that much more difficult than on normal. Seems about the same general bump in difficulty that all the others get. I don't know that I've ever seen a wipe due to the new mechanics. I tank so I find HVarimathras much more harrowing than on normal, probably the most stressful boss for me in HAntorus - getting the initial positioning proper, taunting every 5 seconds, the tiniest error means a wipe... it's way more brutal for me than Coven.

Argus is probably easier than Aggramar in HC. Worst one is Coven

Raid on Mythic and then you will see the fights the way they were intended to be seen. Don't play the baby version of the raids.

It's funny, because my guild actually has an easier time on Mythic Coven than Heroic almost, because there is no random bullshit overlap. It's always the same adds at the same time, so you can prepare ahead. Also the one who summons the storm of darkness stays down for a shorter while. We killed Mythic Coven within about 20 pulls with all the raid alive. Whenever we do Heroic, you can bet on at least 1/3rd of the raid kissing the floor before we're done. That includes carries, but still.

Aggramar mostly depends on if our Warlocks are drunk that day or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Raid on Mythic and then you will see the fights the way they were intended to be seen. Don't play the baby version of the raids.
    Imagine typing this lmao

"Ah, a thread about the normal and heroic versions of fights. A perfect place to wave my mythic dick everywhere"

Deleted
    HC aggramar is retarded because with current gear you have like 2 adds up when the 2nd intermission starts unless you are 100% spot on with grips and CC&removal

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    HC aggramar is retarded because with current gear you have like 2 adds up when the 2nd intermission starts unless you are 100% spot on with grips and CC&removal
    We've just started standing around doing nothing while we deal with the last 2, even with perfect management of yanking them in as soon as possible we would still have overlap. The cries about parses from some of my raiders are pretty funny, sorry you won't get sniped to a better guild because of your farm parse on Agg.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I find agrammar to be the hardest fight in heroic as it asked people to cc when they haven't card in years and requires a death knight to grip at the right times.
    Or worse, your raid group doesn’t have 7/20 as monk/Druid/warlock, and so you can’t actually CC the adds and it becomes a clusterfuck wipefest
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    We've just started standing around doing nothing while we deal with the last 2, even with perfect management of yanking them in as soon as possible we would still have overlap. The cries about parses from some of my raiders are pretty funny, sorry you won't get sniped to a better guild because of your farm parse on Agg.
    That counts as retarded in my book. Better to go with 8 healers in a 30man and have everyone DPS and not caring if you get 2 stacks once.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    They’ll never make the legendary/epic parses anyway on HC Aggramar. all the top parses are from people who somehow do hundreds of millions of damage to the small adds.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    That counts as retarded in my book. Better to go with 8 healers in a 30man and have everyone DPS and not caring if you get 2 stacks once.
    We don't get 30 but tonight I'll see about just getting 2 stacks, our healers should be able to handle it.

Aggramar is the only boss we still wipe on every week due to bad add management.

On heroic that is, since you can kill adds in normal it's really a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Come one, this is just a typical “look at me, I am so gud“ answer without looking into the details.

Yes, Antorus is a very easy raid on normal and heroic, but you can still put it into perspective.
    From my point of view there were 4 hard bosses (compared to other HC bosses) on hc this addon: Cenarius, Helya, KJ and Coven.
    My guild (killed Hazabel mythic last week) even spend a whole evening on Coven HC before killing them. We might not be the best players, but it is clearly enough for slow mythic progression and we still had troubles with Coven. Granted, we had 8 Melees that day, but still.
    On the other hand we only needed 2 hours for Hazabel mythic first kill.
    So yes, there are hard bosses on HC and those bosses, if they are not the final boss of a tier, make the ones that come after them look weak.

Looking at the general tuning I think that not Argus and aggrammar are tuned too low but Coven too high.
    No, it's not. KJ for instance was comparably much harder and a whole lot of the WoD raid bosses were much harder on HC than anything in Antorus.
    It's an easy raid, simple as that.

And no, Coven is not too hard. Not at all. It's an annoying boss without a lot of ranged and preferably a lot of warlocks and spriests but you can hardly call it a hard fight.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    this was common the first week due to the tank mechanics being vastly different on LFR than normal/hc. haven't ran it sense though.
    Ran it on an alt on just this past Sunday, tanks were clueless, and "turn him around" turned into "You spin me right round" in a matter of seconds xD
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Imo aggramar is the hardest in heroic,but that's speaking as a mythic raider.we have no issue with Coven whatsoever,but a fumble on Aggramar still happen sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

On Normal/heroic, Varimathras, Coven and Argus all feel pretty difficult, But aggramar just feels like an oversized target dummy..

Does he have anything special to him that i just haven't noticed in the few times i've defeated him on both difficulties?

It feels like he should be harder, Begin the 10th boss in a raid and a titan, But other than some spike healing every now and then, It dosen't feel like he has any special or lethal mechanics.
    I found Aggramar to be harder than Coven on heroic. Coven wasn't a cakewalk, but the mechanics are all quite easy to dodge, and I'm much more used to dodging than to cc-ing in raid bosses. A single Aggramar add getting empowered or blowing up too soon and it's usually a wipe. Your healers need to overgear it to survive 2 stacks. However, since it's mostly a healer and cc mechanic, if you're not in charge of that then you're just dpsing and it's probably quite boring. You can also just add more healers instead, since the enrage is not an issue. Overall the design of Aggramar is not to my liking.

Recently we had the issue that we overdps the fight, so we get to the second transition before we're done blowing up the adds one by one. I hate mechanics that punish you for overdpsing.

On Aggramar you need 5 non brain dead people to control the adds, and 2 non brain dead tanks to handle the combo.

Everybody else can sit there and roll their faces across the kb and win.

Hell even with the first 5 fucking up good tanks can literally carry the encounter by moving the boss as needed away from adds, or into puddles if they where killed at proper times.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ye. Coven is the hardest boss in there on heroic. They just straight up forgot to put mechanics in on agg and argus
    Both are pretty damn easy if you have a good group comp and get exceedingly more difficult if you don't. Coven having 8 times the mechanics and multiple combos of them does up the challenge a great deal. Aggramar if you have poor cc options or low dps you are in for some trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Imo aggramar is the hardest in heroic,but that's speaking as a mythic raider.we have no issue with Coven whatsoever,but a fumble on Aggramar still happen sometimes
    I know for us in the 1st intermission we have to double explode all the adds or we end up standing around forever waiting for the dots to tick off so we can explode another or you phase him with adds up and get new adds causing other issues. One of the rare fights as your dps goes up the encounter gets more boring and oddly more difficult.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    All the bosses on normal/heroic are super easy. The only way I can imagine they're hard is if you have a disability, don't know how to play your class or you keyboard turn/click. If you aren't any of those 3, then all the fights are insanely easy. Can't speak on behalf of mythic other than garothi, which is also really easy.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.