Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I know this isn't about mythic aggramar but if you watch that fight. It will give you cancer

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

On Normal/heroic, Varimathras, Coven and Argus all feel pretty difficult
    Varimathras feels difficult on Normal?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Varimathras feels difficult on Normal?
    Is it even possible to wipe to him on normal? Tanks can stand on top of each other and no necrotic. Normal mode is basically LFR for him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Is it even possible to wipe to him on normal? Tanks can stand on top of each other and no necrotic. Normal mode is basically LFR for him.
    Yes, since there is misery and some tanks are really, really bad. In LFR you can solo tank him, in normal you have to taunt or be over geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aggramar is an interesting one on heroic. With a proper raid comp it's really, really easy but I've had some hilarious wipes on our guild alt nights when we didn't have any CC. Gets pretty crazy coordinating stuns/knockbacks/kills to make it work.

Deleted
    well coven and aggramar are the only medium difficult bosses in there. coven basicly comes done to who even has or watches their boss mods from time to time. this seems to be not the case for many. everything this boss demands from you is to not stand in mid when flames come and spread when lightning comes. otherwise the boss is a complete joke. aggramar is pretty much the same. some people just dont have to be retards and one guy does all the job, most of the time a deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Aggramar is an interesting one on heroic. With a proper raid comp it's really, really easy but I've had some hilarious wipes on our guild alt nights when we didn't have any CC. Gets pretty crazy coordinating stuns/knockbacks/kills to make it work.
    Not having a DK for the adds makes the fight much harder. At least with the tanks my group has...

Some really dumb shit can happen on heroic Aggramar if your dps is too high, or if you have a bad comp (no dks, not enough cc)

The other heroic fights all feel like afk easy mode after doing them on mythic

I would say it's the hardest boss in there on HC. Coven is up there aswell, but that's is more about avoiding any personal mistakes. The hard part about Coven basically boils down to not dying from random mistakes (usually ppl being caught out in a bad position for Storm, getting knocked into Storm by Shadow Blade, or Storm overlapping with certain add phases).

Agrammar requires waaaay more coordination and planning by the raid to succeed, and unlike Coven, doesn't become exponentially easier the more gear, and thus, overall raid Dps you have. One guy fucking up his/breaking somebody elses CC can easily wipe the entire raid on Agrammar, while Coven can still be killed quite easily with half your raid dead.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2018-02-21 at 04:54 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    HC aggramar is retarded because with current gear you have like 2 adds up when the 2nd intermission starts unless you are 100% spot on with grips and CC&removal
    So? You just get them in during/after and cc the second wave completely and kill the boss before they reach max energy.
    Once you understand this the boss is quite easy

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    Yes, since there is misery and some tanks are really, really bad. In LFR you can solo tank him, in normal you have to taunt or be over geared.
    Even a really really bad tank can handle hitting taunt when dbm tells them to.

If a tank fails that, it's not "really really bad" it's either "afk" or "braindead".

If a tank fails that, it's not "really really bad" it's either "afk" or "braindead".
    Next time Pit Lord Vilemus is up go and tank him a couple times ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Next time Pit Lord Vilemus is up go and tank him a couple times ;-)
    Tanking world bosses? If there is one thing you have to worry about it's not being taunted off of. When fighting a World Boss the motherfucker is being taunted every second on the clock by some schmuck because every single tank thinks they need aggro RIGHT NOW.

Sounds more like you're doing it on a monday with 5 people to me. On tuesday would literally have 15 tanks in the group spamming taunt like jackasses.

For people with raid experience Antorus is pretty straight forward on normal and heroic, aggramar and argus are very easy.
    Coven is the most challenging, you get to see who was boosted their AOTC.

Deleted

Died today to that and he was not afk. In a 960+ puig raid. And have fun tanking world bosses. Most tanks know now, that you die if no one taunts him off you. So no one taunts, because then they cant die. Its easy. Times of rotating bosses are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

On Normal/heroic, Varimathras, Coven and Argus all feel pretty difficult, But aggramar just feels like an oversized target dummy..

Does he have anything special to him that i just haven't noticed in the few times i've defeated him on both difficulties?

It feels like he should be harder, Begin the 10th boss in a raid and a titan, But other than some spike healing every now and then, It dosen't feel like he has any special or lethal mechanics.
    We're a bunch of casual socials raiding HC. We spent 3 weeks or so progressing on coven, logged around 30 hours of attempts and 70 wipes (apparently the avg is 100). We did aggramar in just over a hour on 7 wipes and argus took 30 minutes with 3 wipes.

He's dead easy in comparison to coven. It's all about add control with him, if you're not playing something like a lock / dk / druid the fight is more or less completely the same, if you have a decent CC the only difference is CC'ing a add. That's it.

Argus is a joke, our wipes were down to two factors. The first P1 bombs being able to drop off you the same time as cone of death - that caught us off guard. The 2nd reason was to long on the adds, but once we just said fuck it pull the big one to a small one so we can cleave we cut our time in half entering into the last phase with more than 6 minutes on the clock.

Edit:

To people saying the fight is hard without a dk - No it's not we don't run with any dks. All you do is let the furthest one away get to him, then the ones either side (a druid help for typhoon) you then break one out of cc and it slowly creeps up to him. Really don't need a dk once you get to terms with their movement speed and timings

To the people saying add are alive when the intermission happens - simple solution. Stop DPS. Our first kill took him to bang on 40% when the last add died. Our 2nd and 3rd kill we have all the adds down between 45-50%.
    Last edited by Rotted; 2018-02-22 at 12:21 AM.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    We're a bunch of casual socials raiding HC. We spent 3 weeks or so progressing on coven, logged around 30 hours of attempts and 70 wipes (apparently the avg is 100). We did aggramar in just over a hour on 7 wipes and argus took 30 minutes with 3 wipes.
    I just want to make sure you understand that 70-100 wipes is *not* the average for a coven heroic kill <.<. It's not even the average for a MYTHIC kill. I am genuinely interested in where you got that number from because I am SUPER curious what the source thinks the average for other kills are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I just want to make sure you understand that 70-100 wipes is *not* the average for a coven heroic kill <.<. It's not even the average for a MYTHIC kill. I am genuinely interested in where you got that number from because I am SUPER curious what the source thinks the average for other kills are.
    There is a kill% statistic on WoL. Lowest recorded ID on coven HC is 6,3%. Thats an average of 15,9 wipes per kill (including mythic guilds in HC and a lot of pugs). So 100 as average seems way to high.

Also if you don't have a DK for grips, I wouldn't let the adds walk towards him. There is so much passive cleave, it will die from time to time. Better option is to kite him towards the CCed add. But I only pug without voice, so telling WL to unbanish their adds takes longer than kiting aggramar into it.

Yes, aggramar is pretty easy. Not because the mechanics aren't there, but they are pretty straightforward.
    Tey should have designed them a bit more challenging. Now you just position him in the middle and just whack until rend etc. Then turn him around in turns.
    So the only mechanic is for the tanks, after that its just hacking away at aggramar and adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Meh just going based on what someone else in the group said to me.

Not really fussed if it isn't or not. Hard work paid off and it made the kill a lot sweeter and better feeling than Argus. Like I said 'Casual socials'. If it helps it's been a one shot since then

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    There is a kill% statistic on WoL. Lowest recorded ID on coven HC is 6,3%. Thats an average of 15,9 wipes per kill (including mythic guilds in HC and a lot of pugs). So 100 as average seems way to high.

Also if you don't have a DK for grips, I wouldn't let the adds walk towards him. There is so much passive cleave, it will die from time to time. Better option is to kite him towards the CCed add. But I only pug without voice, so telling WL to unbanish their adds takes longer than kiting aggramar into it.
    First bit, see above.

Second bit, I thought cleave might be an issue but it really wasn't, lowest I've seen its hp hit is 50% we just stopped for 3 seconds when it was in line with the melee group. Maybe the kiting technique works better, but we'd need to refine it; we tried it on the first couple of attempts and it just caused chaos. Mind you that was before we realised the pantheon ranged trinket procs will hit targets you CC'd >..>

I feel like I should defend the guild a bit more, we were formed properly for throne launch, but only a proper full team when heroic started. All new people, you know getting the sync togeather, over awkwardness etc.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate