Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Gave my opinion on said "entertainment" and even said above again if you bothered to read that people can enjoy it if they want. Just like I can criticize it.

So you do you as well.

Keep acting like you have a moral high ground here though. It's very amusing.
    I do have the "moral high ground" as if that shit even fucking matters. I'm not here condescending other peoples choice of entertainment. Needlessly I might reiterate.

Somebody had literally already said the same shit right before you did, only much better than you did. Your opinion sucks. Useless in context, boring, bland, and stale in general. And deep down, you already know this, or else you'd wouldn't have even bothered responding in the first place.

I am also enjoying our back and forth though. But don't take my shit!! Come up with your own silly last words.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2018-02-15 at 06:21 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I do have the "moral high ground" as if that shit even fucking matters. I'm not here condescending other peoples choice of entertainment. Also, somebody had literally already said the same shit right before you did, only much better than you did. Your opinion sucks. Useless in context, boring, bland, and stale in general. And deep down, you already know this, or else you'd wouldn't have even bothered responding in the first place.
    If you say so buddy.

All I said was it was a low form of entertainment. Where did I directly attack someone for enjoying it? Hell I even said if you enjoy it then good for you. Nice to see you just making stuff up for your own argument. A sign of desperation there.

And deep down you already know you don't have any moral high ground.

Keep getting tilted over someone saying a mean opinionated thing about something you enjoy though. It's funny.

Now since you decided to derail the topic I think I'll get back on it. If you would like to discuss the topic though I'm open to. If not I won't respond any further since it's just further derailing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-15 at 06:25 PM.

If you say so buddy.

All I said was it was a low form of entertainment. Where did I directly attack someone for enjoying it? Hell I even said if you enjoy it then good for you. Nice to see you just making stuff up for your own argument. A sign of desperation there.

And deep down you already know you don't have any moral high ground.

Keep getting tilted over someone saying a mean opinionated thing about something you enjoy though. It's funny.

Now since you decided to derail the topic I think I'll get back on it. If you would like to discuss the topic though I'm open to. If not I won't respond any further since it's just further derailing.
    Oh no buddy, you can't pin this all on me, you did respond after all. Takes two to go off topic. And no, I really don't give a shit. Truly. I find your opinion to be useless, that's all.

On topic: Ronda Rousey and The Rock vs. Stephanie and HHH for WM 34- how likely? I don't think they can really hype it to WM quality in the little time they have, since they'd have barely a month to build any substantial momentum, but I can be pretty wrong.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2018-02-15 at 06:45 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

I did read it. Doesn't make what I responded to any less stupidly non sequitur just because your early statement was on topic.

And, as I said, you're more than welcome to say whatever the fuck you like. Just as I am free to point out that I find that opinion to be laughably asinine. Doesn't mean I have a problem, quite the opposite in fact.

I find it pretty amusing to see people on a forum dedicated to a video game, chime in and parrot the wrestling is fake shtick almost verbatim; or to deride anyone's choices of harmless entertainment in general really. The lack of reflection and self awareness is quite comical to me.

So like I said, you do you.

- - - Updated - - -

Paige and Becky are awesome but I feel that Sasha Banks is an injury prone spot monkey. Plus she's the one that injured Paige so fuck her. And I acknowledge that that might not be entirely fair.
    Sasha didn't injure Paige. Paige's neck was fucked already.

Joe didn't injure Tyson kidd either.

Oh no buddy, you can't pin this all on me, you did respond after all. Takes two to go off topic. And no, I really don't give a shit. Truly. I find your opinion to be useless, that's all.

On topic: Ronda Rousey and The Rock vs. Stephanie and HHH for WM 34- how likely? I don't think they can really hype it to WM quality in the little time they have, but I can be pretty wrong.
    Nah I can when you could have chosen not to respond.

You derailed. Deal with it .

On topic. There is actually hype for this? :O

On topic: Ronda Rousey and The Rock vs. Stephanie and HHH for WM 34- how likely? I don't think they can really hype it to WM quality in the little time they have, but I can be pretty wrong.
    I hope not. The crowd already seems to hate her. You get Roman v2.

She should just destroy people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I don't see the appeal of Asuka. I've seen her fight and it seems kind of boring. If I had to choose favorites for the women's division it would have to be Sasha banks, Becky Lynch, and Paige(even though I read she won't be cleared to wrestle anymore after her recent injury).
    Asuka is a better worker than any other woman on the main roster.

Matches with Alexa, Emma or Nia who are all meh workers won't show that.

Watch Asuka vs Ember Moon from the Summerslam Takeover.

Nah I can when you could have chosen not to respond.

You derailed. Deal with it .

On topic. There is actually hype for this? :O
    Sure whatever.

No, and that's my worry. The most common rumor has it that that's the direction they plan to go with her.

Her and The Rock against HHH and his +1. Not a great start to Rousey's WWE career if her first match is a one off that serves no real purpose.

@pateuvasiliu I know, I'm just talking useless shit. I'm just sad that this might be it for Paige in ring. That was definitely a shit happens moment.

And yeah, just do her like they're doing Shayna- a monster heel with a giant chip on her shoulder that just ends people.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2018-02-15 at 06:54 PM.

Sure whatever.

No, and that's my worry. The most common rumor has it that that's the direction they plan to go with her.

Her and The Rock against HHH and his +1. Not a great start to Rousey's WWE career if her first match is a one off that serves no real purpose.

@pateuvasiliu I know, I'm just talking useless shit. I'm just sad that this might be it for Paige in ring. That was definitely a shit happens moment.

And yeah, just do her like they're doing Shayna- a monster heel with a giant chip on her shoulder that just ends people.
    I meant hype for the "entertainment" in general.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Action movies never claimed to be real though. Pro wrestling did, and went to some pretty absurd lengths to try and preserve the "secret" for decades until they could no longer keep it up. But since that time, the actual wrestling has been de-emphasized and more time has been spent developing storylines that are meant to confuse viewers as to whether they represent "real" conflicts behind the scenes, because it's not really compelling enough as a fully scripted product.
    That was so long ago as to not even be remotely relevant. And while it's certainly not for everyone, millions of people do enjoy it and that's really all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Fuck that bitch. She stole Asuka's moment.
    Fuck Asuka. She's more over-hyped than Shinsuke.

I don't see the appeal of Asuka. I've seen her fight and it seems kind of boring. If I had to choose favorites for the women's division it would have to be Sasha banks, Becky Lynch, and Paige(even though I read she won't be cleared to wrestle anymore after her recent injury).
    Agree on Asuka, though I've never been a fan of Sasha, if only for her retarded hip swing. As far as Paige, I'm surprised the WWE even brought her back considering her naughty videos.

Paige and Becky are awesome but I feel that Sasha Banks is an injury prone spot monkey.
    There is that. Every time she rope dives I half expect her to suffer a Lita bomb. As far as pure performance, Charlotte's probably at the top. For character, etc and straight up sexy, Bliss all the way.

Ugh. Can't stand Shayna or Sonya.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-02-15 at 07:01 PM.

I meant hype for the "entertainment" in general.
    And now all that "high ground" bullshit you were on about, you just fucking lost it. I try to discuss the topic in good faith and you pull that shit?

Well played, I admit, but after that whole shtick you pulled earlier, you're dismissed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    That was so long ago as to not even be remotely relevant. And while it's certainly not for everyone, millions of people do enjoy it and that's really all that matters.

Fuck Asuka. She's more over-hyped than Shinsuke.

Agree on Asuka, though I've never been a fan of Sasha, if only for her retarded hip swing. As far as Paige, I'm surprised the WWE even brought her back considering her naughty videos.

There is that. Every time she rope dives I half expect her to suffer a Lita bomb. As far as pure performance, Charlotte's probably at the top. For character, etc and straight up sexy, Bliss all the way.

Ugh. Can't stand Shayna or Sonya.
    I'm not all in on Alexa, even though her Mic work is top notch. I think Shayna is alright, but I couldn't care less about her really. Or Sonya.

Charlotte, Becky, Asuka and Kairi Hojo is where it's at. And I like what Bianca Belair is doing as well. Major potential there imo.

And now all that "high ground" bullshit you were on about, you just fucking lost it. I try to discuss the topic in good faith and you pull that shit?

Well played, I admit, but after that whole shtick you pulled earlier, you're dismissed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not all in on Alexa, even though her Mic work is top notch. I think Shayna is alright, but I couldn't care less about her really. Or Sonya.

Charlotte, Becky, Asuka and Kairi Hojo is where it's at. And I like what Bianca Belair is doing as well. Major potential there imo.
    So did I. Don't blame me because I have a different opinion to you. I'm not a robot.

So did I. Don't blame me because I have a different opinion to you. I'm not a robot.
    No, just no longer amusing; you and your opinion no longer worth addressing. Our dialog has ended.

No, just no longer amusing; you and your opinion no longer worth addressing. Our dialog has ended.
    So you don't have anything to actually provide to the discussion and want to continually derail?

Good to know.

So amusing that people get this upset over someone saying "wrestling is bad" and pointing out it's just an opinion.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    do adults actually watch anime?
    Post of the the day. Made me laugh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Not into the Asian wrestlers (or culture) at all. Especially that stupid sailor shit. Haven't seen Bianca much but I do like Ember.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    As far as Paige, I'm surprised the WWE even brought her back considering her naughty videos.
    I don't think they really could. they would have also had to go after Xaviar Woods too. Either way I don't think it's there business. Only thing I think they should have gone after her for was receiving the money shot on the NXT women's title in that one blowjob video.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense. Neither MMA or WWE are real fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to point out that everything that isn't opera, traditional stage theatre, or orchestral performance is essentially considered a "low" form of entertainment.

So pretty much everything that most modern people enjoy.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2018-02-16 at 12:10 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. Yet another celebrity cameo for Wrestlemania. They'll hype it up, a few thousand extra people will get a free month of the network to see her, and an hour later after it's over any interested parties will cease to care.
    Actually, all the rumors are she has signed a full-time contract. Is so, that would mean she will work the same scheduled as any other full-timer so weekly TV appearances as well as house shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Gotta be honest here, as a WWE fan and fan of pro wrestling in general I don't like this.

Her UFC accomplishments don't mean **** when she's changing career, she's nothing more than a celebrity fan of WWE who's used their fame to barter their way into a position they are woefully inexperienced for. WWE are pushing her hard because of the PR her involvement will generate, despite her being a total beginner who will need carrying/walking through matches (matches that will undoubtedly suffer because of it). At the same time she will be stealing the spotlight from significantly more talented performers who have spent years honing their skills.

We've been down this road before, it was called David Arquette and it was widely considered to be one of the worst things to ever happen to the industry.
    Apparently, she has been going to the WWE's performance center and training for months. That doesn't mean she won't still be green as hell at the start, but it at least shows that she is taking this seriously and isn't planning on just doing a few celebrity style matches. This is much more akin to when Brock first signed that it is to when Arquette showed up in WCW.

She could still end up being totally terrible, but I am at least willing to wait until we see he in the ring before writing her off.