Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Sure whatever.

No, and that's my worry. The most common rumor has it that that's the direction they plan to go with her.

Her and The Rock against HHH and his +1. Not a great start to Rousey's WWE career if her first match is a one off that serves no real purpose.

@pateuvasiliu I know, I'm just talking useless shit. I'm just sad that this might be it for Paige in ring. That was definitely a shit happens moment.

And yeah, just do her like they're doing Shayna- a monster heel with a giant chip on her shoulder that just ends people.
    I meant hype for the "entertainment" in general.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Action movies never claimed to be real though. Pro wrestling did, and went to some pretty absurd lengths to try and preserve the "secret" for decades until they could no longer keep it up. But since that time, the actual wrestling has been de-emphasized and more time has been spent developing storylines that are meant to confuse viewers as to whether they represent "real" conflicts behind the scenes, because it's not really compelling enough as a fully scripted product.
    That was so long ago as to not even be remotely relevant. And while it's certainly not for everyone, millions of people do enjoy it and that's really all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Fuck that bitch. She stole Asuka's moment.
    Fuck Asuka. She's more over-hyped than Shinsuke.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I don't see the appeal of Asuka. I've seen her fight and it seems kind of boring. If I had to choose favorites for the women's division it would have to be Sasha banks, Becky Lynch, and Paige(even though I read she won't be cleared to wrestle anymore after her recent injury).
    Agree on Asuka, though I've never been a fan of Sasha, if only for her retarded hip swing. As far as Paige, I'm surprised the WWE even brought her back considering her naughty videos.

Paige and Becky are awesome but I feel that Sasha Banks is an injury prone spot monkey.
    There is that. Every time she rope dives I half expect her to suffer a Lita bomb. As far as pure performance, Charlotte's probably at the top. For character, etc and straight up sexy, Bliss all the way.

And yeah, just do her like they're doing Shayna- a monster heel with a giant chip on her shoulder that just ends people.
    Ugh. Can't stand Shayna or Sonya.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-02-15 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I meant hype for the "entertainment" in general.
    And now all that "high ground" bullshit you were on about, you just fucking lost it. I try to discuss the topic in good faith and you pull that shit?

Well played, I admit, but after that whole shtick you pulled earlier, you're dismissed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    That was so long ago as to not even be remotely relevant. And while it's certainly not for everyone, millions of people do enjoy it and that's really all that matters.

Fuck Asuka. She's more over-hyped than Shinsuke.

Agree on Asuka, though I've never been a fan of Sasha, if only for her retarded hip swing. As far as Paige, I'm surprised the WWE even brought her back considering her naughty videos.

There is that. Every time she rope dives I half expect her to suffer a Lita bomb. As far as pure performance, Charlotte's probably at the top. For character, etc and straight up sexy, Bliss all the way.

Ugh. Can't stand Shayna or Sonya.
    I'm not all in on Alexa, even though her Mic work is top notch. I think Shayna is alright, but I couldn't care less about her really. Or Sonya.

Charlotte, Becky, Asuka and Kairi Hojo is where it's at. And I like what Bianca Belair is doing as well. Major potential there imo.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

And now all that "high ground" bullshit you were on about, you just fucking lost it. I try to discuss the topic in good faith and you pull that shit?

Well played, I admit, but after that whole shtick you pulled earlier, you're dismissed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not all in on Alexa, even though her Mic work is top notch. I think Shayna is alright, but I couldn't care less about her really. Or Sonya.

Charlotte, Becky, Asuka and Kairi Hojo is where it's at. And I like what Bianca Belair is doing as well. Major potential there imo.
    So did I. Don't blame me because I have a different opinion to you. I'm not a robot.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So did I. Don't blame me because I have a different opinion to you. I'm not a robot.
    No, just no longer amusing; you and your opinion no longer worth addressing. Our dialog has ended.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

No, just no longer amusing; you and your opinion no longer worth addressing. Our dialog has ended.
    So you don't have anything to actually provide to the discussion and want to continually derail?

Good to know.

So amusing that people get this upset over someone saying "wrestling is bad" and pointing out it's just an opinion.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    do adults actually watch anime?
    Post of the the day. Made me laugh.

Meh. Not into the Asian wrestlers (or culture) at all. Especially that stupid sailor shit. Haven't seen Bianca much but I do like Ember.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    As far as Paige, I'm surprised the WWE even brought her back considering her naughty videos.
    I don't think they really could. they would have also had to go after Xaviar Woods too. Either way I don't think it's there business. Only thing I think they should have gone after her for was receiving the money shot on the NXT women's title in that one blowjob video.
    The one force of nature they call by name.

I am Murloc!
    Makes sense. Neither MMA or WWE are real fighting.

I just want to point out that everything that isn't opera, traditional stage theatre, or orchestral performance is essentially considered a "low" form of entertainment.

So pretty much everything that most modern people enjoy.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2018-02-16 at 12:10 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I don't think it's that big of a deal. Yet another celebrity cameo for Wrestlemania. They'll hype it up, a few thousand extra people will get a free month of the network to see her, and an hour later after it's over any interested parties will cease to care.
    Actually, all the rumors are she has signed a full-time contract. Is so, that would mean she will work the same scheduled as any other full-timer so weekly TV appearances as well as house shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Gotta be honest here, as a WWE fan and fan of pro wrestling in general I don't like this.

Her UFC accomplishments don't mean **** when she's changing career, she's nothing more than a celebrity fan of WWE who's used their fame to barter their way into a position they are woefully inexperienced for. WWE are pushing her hard because of the PR her involvement will generate, despite her being a total beginner who will need carrying/walking through matches (matches that will undoubtedly suffer because of it). At the same time she will be stealing the spotlight from significantly more talented performers who have spent years honing their skills.

We've been down this road before, it was called David Arquette and it was widely considered to be one of the worst things to ever happen to the industry.
    Apparently, she has been going to the WWE's performance center and training for months. That doesn't mean she won't still be green as hell at the start, but it at least shows that she is taking this seriously and isn't planning on just doing a few celebrity style matches. This is much more akin to when Brock first signed that it is to when Arquette showed up in WCW.

She could still end up being totally terrible, but I am at least willing to wait until we see he in the ring before writing her off.