Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

View Poll Results: Will you need to old BC/WoD content achievements to unlock Mag'har Orcs?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    88 52.69%
  • No

    79 47.31%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Herald of the Titans In Ogres We Trust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ogri'la
    Posts
    2,822
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't change old expansions content wise. They might make a new scenario or instance in Northrend tied to a new Taunka rep, but they would NEVER retroactively go back and mess with Wrath content.
    There's nothing to change; you would do the Dragonblight achievement/Exalted with the Horde Expedition to unlock the Taunka.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2018-02-15 at 10:06 PM.

  2. #82
    The Patient thealmightymoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    313
    God I hope not, I hate outlands with a passion

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    God forbid content should require a shred of work outside raiding.
    Are you willfully ignorant?

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Are you willfully ignorant?
    If you want everything handed to you on a plate - go on the PTR and stand around in Dalaran.

    It's a fucking game, if some minor requisites to play a reskinned race is really that big a deal to you, then vote with your wallet. It's really not a big deal.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I really hope that Blizz will go with Draenor Orcs.

    But I think they'll go with Mag'har Orcs for the sole reason of them having a rep grind named after them.
    that makes no sense. with that logic, same can be said bout laughing skull and frostwolf orcs because they have rep name after them.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    If you want everything handed to you on a plate - go on the PTR and stand around in Dalaran.

    It's a fucking game, if some minor requisites to play a reskinned race is really that big a deal to you, then vote with your wallet. It's really not a big deal.
    So willfully ignorant. Avatar pic checks out.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I wouln't mind it. As long as the grind isn't ridiculous, I really don't mind putting in the work to unlock something.
    I agree, but at the same time I can see the argument for having purchase of xpac be enough. Perhaps some middle ground - where you have to unlock to make it early but over time everyone gets access?

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKiserSoze View Post
    I can see the argument for having purchase of xpac be enough.
    I don't. Buying the xpac shouldn't/doesn't mean you get everything at purchase imo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 Lofi stream. Come listen!
    youtu.be/JoRhogQqm4o


  9. #89
    Who doesn't have exalted with the mag'har anyway.

    Arakkoa as allied race: Earn exalted with both Lower City and Arakkoa Outcast. Also need Talon King/Queen title. Now thats how it should be.

  10. #90
    i think you may have to do the wod storyline for HFC, that way you understand why they would join you, i think it will be wod draenor orcs not the BC ones

  11. #91
    Really hope it's au draenor for one reason, Grom Hellscream.

  12. #92
    Pit Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    2,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mag%27har
    It's a name specifically given to the uncorrupted orcs that lived in Garadar on our Outland. The term was never given to any clan or group of orcs on AU Draenor.
    Did you even read your own source?

    Years prior to the Blood Pact with Mannoroth,[4], a virulent plague known as the "red pox" spread among the orcish clans, and Geyah established a quarantine village in Nagrand, naming it Garadar[5] after Garad.[6] For reasons unclear, those that were quarantined managed to avoid the corruption that plagued even their parents and the rest of the world. The orcs, and Nagrand, come to be referred to as "mag'har" — which in Orcish means, literally, "uncorrupted".

    The events that led the the creation of the Mag'har predate the timeline split with AU Draenor. Mag'har therefor more than likely existed in AU Draenor.

    Also, Mag'har in Orcish merely means uncorrupted.

    Again, the Mag'har Direwolf is currently only a place holder name. It is as of right now not it's final name.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2018-02-16 at 12:19 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Did you even read your own source?

    Years prior to the Blood Pact with Mannoroth,[4], a virulent plague known as the "red pox" spread among the orcish clans, and Geyah established a quarantine village in Nagrand, naming it Garadar[5] after Garad.[6] For reasons unclear, those that were quarantined managed to avoid the corruption that plagued even their parents and the rest of the world. The orcs, and Nagrand, come to be referred to as "mag'har" — which in Orcish means, literally, "uncorrupted".

    The events that led the the creation of the Mag'har predate the timeline split with AU Draenor. Mag'har therefor more than likely existed in AU Draenor.

    Also, Mag'har in Orcish merely means uncorrupted.

    Again, the Mag'har Direwolf is currently only a place holder name. It is as of right now not it's final name.
    Actually, we've seen that that's not the case on AU Draenor - Garadar doesn't exist on alternate Draenor. Geyah is with the Frostwolf clan in Frostfire Ridge (she becomes a follower), and the place where Garadar should exist is where Garrosh died - a small rock formation on plains, with no village. We know that AU Draenor has slightly altered events anyway (No Garrosh, Rulkan was alive, no Garadar), so it's not like you can read about our history and apply it 100% to the other timeline we've seen.

    In our timeline, the Mag'har are differentiated because of the fact that all orcs, aside from those in Garadar, became corrupted. In the AU Draenor, the vast amount of orc clans and villages didn't drink the blood in the first place, and only a couple clans joined Gul'dan in HFC. Why would the majority of the race call themselves something different? If there was a group of humans (say, generously, 30% of the world's population) that suddenly had green skin, should the other 70% call themselves something different? No, the majority would call the minority something different. That's why there are Mag'har, specifically, in our Outland, but the term was never used (and should not be used) on AU Draenor.

    Also, you're confused about how placeholder names and text are shown in testing phases. Usually, when the name is a placeholder, the "PH" is near the name (like the datamined pterrodax mount here). When the text and/or model is placeholder, the PH is at the bottom of the tooltip - which is the case for the Mag'har Direwolf.
    http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/267274-...lf#26010-26032
    Mag'har Direwolf
    Account wide
    1.5 sec cast
    Summons and dismisses your Mag'har Direwolf.

    Native to Draenor, these wolves are preferred by the Mag'har for their ferocity, loyalty, and for something to snuggle on those cool winter nights.
    PH
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

  14. #94
    Pit Lord Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    2,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Actually, we've seen that that's not the case on AU Draenor - Garadar doesn't exist on alternate Draenor. Geyah is with the Frostwolf clan in Frostfire Ridge (she becomes a follower), and the place where Garadar should exist is where Garrosh died - a small rock formation on plains, with no village. We know that AU Draenor has slightly altered events anyway (No Garrosh, Rulkan was alive, no Garadar), so it's not like you can read about our history and apply it 100% to the other timeline we've seen.

    In our timeline, the Mag'har are differentiated because of the fact that all orcs, aside from those in Garadar, became corrupted. In the AU Draenor, the vast amount of orc clans and villages didn't drink the blood in the first place, and only a couple clans joined Gul'dan in HFC. Why would the majority of the race call themselves something different? If there was a group of humans (say, generously, 30% of the world's population) that suddenly had green skin, should the other 70% call themselves something different? No, the majority would call the minority something different. That's why there are Mag'har, specifically, in our Outland, but the term was never used (and should not be used) on AU Draenor.

    Also, you're confused about how placeholder names and text are shown in testing phases. Usually, when the name is a placeholder, the "PH" is near the name (like the datamined pterrodax mount here). When the text and/or model is placeholder, the PH is at the bottom of the tooltip - which is the case for the Mag'har Direwolf.
    http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/267274-...lf#26010-26032
    Just because Garadar doesn't exist in AU Nagrand doesn't mean the Mag'har failed to exist ... do you know why? Garadar only existed because the Chieftains of the clans gave it space.

    Also, again, Mag'har only means uncorrupted in Orcish. That's it. For all we know, after the events of WoD, the Draenor Orcs started calling themselves that. They don't tend to use Draenor when referring to Outland.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  15. #95
    i hope so....
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •