Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmind View Post
    Our wild imps now don't have constant duration (was 12 sec, now some hiden energy), so haste will not scale demo so much. It will probobly play bad with low haste, but most specs in the game play badly with low haste.
    All the talents and mechanics still revolve around maximizing shard generation.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Mechanically I think the spec has some really obvious talents at the moment, and I mean... in general the spec really hasn't changed much from legion so far.

Its still going to be hyper dependent on haste if not more so, its still got a ton of ramp and no way to target swap and is basically a dot spec. Soulfire breaks up the monotony and commander looks to give it a CD, but nothing else really changed all that much besides not having to deal with the most soul draining parts (empowerment and tap).
    I mean... You just said it's the same and then proceeded to name 3 huge things that change the spec up quite a bit. Along with imps not just dissapearing after a target is dead, which means our "dots" are transferred from one target to the next.

The Demon Commander is just bugged atm. He was fixed for a time, and now hes just broken atm on Alpha.
    I expect the shadow bolt volley to return(as its still on the tooltip) just to those that you are actively attacking, not random mobs.
    That shit was annoying to deal with in dungeons like Freehold
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2018-03-05 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    I mean... You just said it's the same and then proceeded to name 3 huge things that change the spec up quite a bit. Along with imps not just dissapearing after a target is dead, which means our "dots" are transferred from one target to the next.
    You seem to not understand what target switching means. It's not just that the demons will switch when a mob dies, but that in progression when you need to focus priority adds, the demons you summoned are sunk on the wrong target and there's no fixing that short of an AI overhaul.

This makes demo one of the worst progression specs in the game since you'll pretty much only sit them on a boss and can expect no meaningful contribution to priority adds.

I don't understand why commanding demons to focus a new target isn't a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    Nothing I mentioned really changes what the spec is capable of, which was the point.

Its a lot more fun to play due to the visual of the imps spawning at the player, soulfire making it less stale, and DE / LT being gone, but thus far it doesn't really do anything different. You're still extremely immobile with high ramp and no target swapping potential with a massive dependence on haste.

Hence, "It hasn't changed much".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I still say that should exist and it should be called Imp-erative.

It basically amounts to soul swap when it didn't leave the dots on the target, but frankly the spec desperately needs that.

I still say that should exist and it should be called Imp-erative.

It basically amounts to soul swap when it didn't leave the dots on the target, but frankly the spec desperately needs that.
    I'd be more ok with being a turret if we did it super well, but they seem so far scared to commit hard enough to that niche. If they make burst AoE good with implosion and Bataclysm then we have a more useful niche, so that'd be nice.

I'd be more ok with being a turret if we did it super well, but they seem so far scared to commit hard enough to that niche. If they make burst AoE good with implosion and Bataclysm then we have a more useful niche, so that'd be nice.
    Was definitely harder to try and do that during legion where people were stuck playing 1 spec, now they can more freely just create those more defined niches and "double down" on them properly since we can swap freely. We'll see whether or not that happens though, as its just numbers in that regard.

What I want is for at least ONE of the casters\specs I play to have a fucking AE that doesn't require building a resource, there is something kinda wrong when a fucking rogues AE is better than a Warlock or Balance druid..... and really do not get me started on my DK better one press and better built AE cause the one press gives you the resources? just WTF Blizz?
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2018-03-05 at 04:41 AM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

i know pets are a bit different, but in suramar, there's a WQ where you have withered following you. there's an action button that allows all the withered to attack the target you're attacking. That would be a useful tool to use on pets, even if its an extra button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    What I want is for at least ONE of the casters\specs I play to have a fucking AE that doesn't require building a resource, there is something kinda wrong when a fucking rogues AE is better than a Warlock or Balance druid..... and really do not get me started on my DK better one press and better built AE cause the one press gives you the resources? just WTF Blizz?
    Modern wow is all about meleecraft. All melee specs have instant AOE dmg with no ramp up time - all casters have ramp up time. It's completely retarded and once again most casters will be avoided like the plague in mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Modern wow is all about meleecraft. All melee specs have instant AOE dmg with no ramp up time - all casters have ramp up time. It's completely retarded and once again most casters will be avoided like the plague in mythic+
    Erm - Have you seen the DPS distribution for the MDI?

Week 1: (Raging, Volcanic, Tyrannical)
    Warlock: 16.7%
    Hunter (assume most are MM/BM): 11.8%
    Druid (Assume most are Boomkin): 10.8%
    Mage: 10.4%
    Priest: 3.1%

That adds up to a total of 52.8% of the DPS. I haven't added Shamans (5.5%), since I have no idea if Elemental or Enhancement is the dominant M+ spec right now.
    Even if we subtract Feral druids and Survival hunters, I'm guessing we end up above 50%.

Week 2: (Teeming, Explosive, Fortified)
    Warlock: 16.0%
    Druid: 14.2%
    Mage: 10.3%
    Hunter: 9.3%
    Priest: 2.5%

That adds up to a total of 52.3% of the DPS. I haven't added Shamans (6.0%), since I have no idea if Elemental or Enhancement is the dominant M+ spec right now.
    Even if we subtract Feral druids and Survival hunters, I'm guessing we end up above 50%, just like in week 1.

So, no, most casters won't be avoided - at least in this patch/expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Erm - Have you seen the DPS distribution for the MDI?
    I expect sinddk is mostly playing at significantly lower difficulties. When you're doing a faceroll speedrun melee do in fact shine. Less ramp, much more ability to DPS on the move as the tank races forward while dragging the mobs along, they completely outdo casters with ground targeted AoE or long casts to do serious damage. It's at higher difficulties that the melee hate gets dangerously lethal and they're spending so much of their time dodging shit their DPS goes way down.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    i know pets are a bit different, but in suramar, there's a WQ where you have withered following you. there's an action button that allows all the withered to attack the target you're attacking. That would be a useful tool to use on pets, even if its an extra button.
    even better would just be have summoned demons follow targeting of your main pet. so, let's say demonic inquistion in tomb, demo locks would easily need to go down much earlier than other specs (if not SUPER careful about target swapping early). but if summoned pets target through your felguard, oh hey, demon guy a is doing his ulti thing? swap over and dogs and imps change targets with him

wtf you talking about? Mage, balance druid, and hunter are all incredibly potent in mythic+.

Method's mage was dominating their world first BRH key, beating the afflock on boss damage for all 3 bosses and dominating more than half the instance's trash pulls.

Melee are a liability beyond the single one you bring in for interrupts/bait mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    wtf you talking about? Mage, balance druid, and hunter are all incredibly potent in mythic+.

Method's mage was dominating their world first BRH key, beating the afflock on boss damage for all 3 bosses and dominating more than half the instance's trash pulls.

Melee are a liability beyond the single one you bring in for interrupts/bait mechanics.
    Mage class, balance and aff lock. What about the rest of the 44% ranged specs?

Arms warrior, windwalker, havoc etc doing 15+mill aoe dps in a matter of 0,5 seconds. Mages and druids can keep up if the trash keeps living - otherwise not a chance.

Deleted
    Mechanically I think the spec has some really obvious talents at the moment, and I mean... in general the spec really hasn't changed much from legion so far.

Its still going to be hyper dependent on haste if not more so, its still got a ton of ramp and no way to target swap and is basically a dot spec. Soulfire breaks up the monotony and commander looks to give it a CD, but nothing else really changed all that much besides not having to deal with the most soul draining parts (empowerment and tap).
    While i dont disagree with what you wrote, its important to consider for example that soulfire gives double the shards than sb (and also does more dmg iirc?). One of the problems demo has is target swaping and an important factor that this problem exists is that it cant really bank resources, it just keeps going like a train that cant stop. Maybe the new molten core procs are a solution to that in a way that you can bank shards and procs, so when you have a priority target you can "burst" with faster rotations using soulfire. At the moment i believe you can bank 4 molten core procs which means 8 fast shards with a generator that does more dmg than the regular one and also instant if talented.

All this is ofc speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    At the moment i believe you can bank 4 molten core procs which means 8 fast shards with a generator that does more dmg than the regular one and also instant if talented.
    All this is ofc speculation.
    Yep, on a one minute CD. So priority add burst on a big add would be Power Siphon -> SF -> SF -> HoG -> SF -> SF -> HoG.

Arms warrior, windwalker, havoc etc doing 15+mill aoe dps in a matter of 0,5 seconds. Mages and druids can keep up if the trash keeps living - otherwise not a chance.
    the irony of this message, is that the poster before listed 7 specs and you ask about the rest of the ranged specs, then you proceed to list only 3 melee specs. I can't be the only one to find this funny.

to put it into a better perspective, the person listed 63%(7/11 specs) of the range and then you listed 23% (3/13 specs) of the melee. i really can't stop laughing.

btw, im not arguing if you're right or wrong. just laughing at the irony.
    Last edited by garonne; 2018-03-06 at 04:17 PM. Reason: edit for more math

I love how you mention arms, WW and havoc in the same paragraph where you criticized leaving out other melee specs.

How many assassination rogues, survival hunters, feral druids, or unholy DK's did you see on m+? Oh, right, very little. Same for enhancement shaman vs. ele, its superior ranged spec.