Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    this is so much gods danm better
    no longer an imp mother, now an actual demonic general!
    i love this so fucking much!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Honestly not impressed with demon selection. Vilefiend is basically dreadstalkers 2.0. I wanted the Jailor and Inquisitor summons, with an upgraded version of demos doomguard being a nathrezim.

The commander is also a melee demon that for some reason just spazzes with shadowbolt volley instead, which is lame when it should be spewing fel devastation like vengeance demonhunters.

I hope they really improve the visuals. Besides soulfire the spec is not visually impressive and the imp swarm should go away; just make 2 imps riding the dreadstalkers a proc.

Bring back darkglare, wtf, why did we lose one of our cooler demons?
    darkglare will prob become a skin for the oracle like it should have.

but seriously?
    vilefiends are no where near dreadstalkers
    also bilescourge, felguards, random demons, commanders, idk about you but these are amazing, and seriously? you are judging the specs visuals on its first iternation.

Deleted
    Well, Molten Core seems to adress some of the spec's movement problems, the removal of DE too ofc. I still don't like that the core mechanic of building up 5 shards asap and dumping them with Hand of Gul'dan remains as it is. It feels awkward to constantly spam that one spell. I'd rather cast more Shadowbolts and Soul Fires and fewer HoGs. And HoG should be more like it was and also how we saw it in the Gul'dan encounter: a powerful aoe dot that spawns big powerful demons. Also Doom being a talent sucks. And why the hell did they remove the Darkglare and the Doomguard? Those were the only cool demons we had.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing warlock back in WoD but I am considering coming back.

Affli getting shadowbolt back, which is not really a mechanic change but just something I enjoy out of preference aswell as the Nightfall talent.
    Destro getting meaty Soul Fire back and some neat animations.
    Demo ACTUALLY looking like great fun again!

I am actually excited for warlocks come BfA.

I actually like the idea behind molten core/soulfire procs, but I think it should summon something bigger and not more imps, if only because of the potential RNG of getting constant soulfire procs (and thus like 200 imps out). It has a lot of potential to swing itself out of control if you get lucky.

Imagine getting 4 procs off your opening imps. Now you already have 20 more imps out in the time you would've gotten 4 more, now those imps have a much higher chance to give soulfire procs because of sheer numbers. Those procs give even more, and eventually you end up with so many out that you basically spam soulfire.
    It'd be really fun to have a million imps, but the whole thing breaks down if you get lucky procs.

Otherwise the only other major thing I feel it needs is some AoE, like maybe have imp attacks bounce or cleave. Yeah not every spec needs a lot of AoE but with m+ being pushed so much it's gonna need something or it'll be useless in a lot of endgame content no matter how fun it is.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2018-02-14 at 09:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    In before the hate comments on Preach

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's not what gets summoned, it's the fact that it's entirely passive.
    I don't know what to say, it doesn't really bother me I guess...if they didn't make it passive it would be a obvious take unless it was weak or it would have such a low chance to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    In before the hate comments on Preach
    And rightfully so

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    And rightfully so
    What I don't get is that Preach is detested by MMOC but Bellular gets a free pass. Not hating on the guy but he's known for rushing content and having similar opinions on classes. He's neutral on discussions though so ill give him that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    And rightfully so
    No one gives a shit, don't derail the thread and try to actually discuss the demo changes.

Deleted
    I want to see what demons come pouring out of the Nether Portal. Also, quick side question. It's been ages since I touched my lock. But that glyph that lets you "transmog" your Felguard's weapon still exists, right?
    Last edited by mmoc1f998e34da; 2018-02-14 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I want to see what demons come pouring out of the Nether Portal. Also, quick side question. It's been ages since I touched my lock. But that glyph that lets you "transmog" your Felguard's weapon still exists, right?
    I guess while they're implementing hearthstone cards, can doom spawn a demon when it kills something lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Yes, it does. The Wrathguard Glyph also has it automatically built in.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Lovely, summons get affected by encounter mechanics like aoe fears -_-.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Lovely, summons get affected by encounter mechanics like aoe fears -_-.
    Sometimes when you're cc'd they stop what they're doing and run back to you. Oh joy.

Atleast with imps using energy again they won't time out while doing nothing, they'll expend what energy they have left and then despawn.

And the more I look at it, i'm not liking the lack of dots, we have doom, good, but I wouldn't mind a baseline short duration dot cough immo/ corruption.

We're still a only a couple builds in, even though i'm not a fan of the summoner spec I do like some of the things they're doing in so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Sometimes when you're cc'd they stop what they're doing and run back to you. Oh joy.

At least with imps using energy again they won't time out while doing nothing, they'll expend what energy they have left and then despawn.

And the more I look at it, i'm not liking the lack of dots, we have doom, good, but I wouldn't mind a baseline short duration dot cough immo/ corruption.

We're still a only a couple builds in, even though i'm not a fan of the summoner spec I do like some of the things they're doing in so far.

OG HoG? stackable dot 2 charges?
    I like the idea of no specific dots. If imps are our new "dot" replacement; as long as they implament a reasonable method to track them it'll be fine.

AND OMG YES!!!! ENERGY IMPS!!!!!!! So long to the "12 seconds" curse

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    I stopped playing warlock back in WoD but I am considering coming back.

Affli getting shadowbolt back, which is not really a mechanic change but just something I enjoy out of preference aswell as the Nightfall talent.
    Destro getting meaty Soul Fire back and some neat animations.
    Demo ACTUALLY looking like great fun again!

I am actually excited for warlocks come BfA.
    Soul Fire is confusingly both a baseline ability for Demonology and a talent for Destruction. It seems unlikely Destro will be keeping it.

Deleted
    from the looks of it, it seems soulfire generates 2 soulshards(based off what i saw in the preach demo video), so with overloaded, power siphon and inner demons, there will be a very good possibility that you'll be able to do all your movement while spamming instant soulfires and then cast hand of guldan to resummon some imps, with proper usage of imps and talents you'll definately be able to be highly mobile and still do a high amount of dps while moving, atleast significantly more than you currently do on live, and even then you have the choice to stand still for 1,5 secs(1,05ish secs with 30% haste) to cast HoG for more imps and then start the whole thing over again, i can definately see for high movement fights demo could be a good choice, i dont think ppl realize just mobile demo can be with the current talents on alpha, ofc this is simply an assessment of the talents and what ive seen from videos with the new alpha build, it could and prolly will get changed, but atm demo mobility looks good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Soul Fire is confusingly both a baseline ability for Demonology and a talent for Destruction. It seems unlikely Destro will be keeping it.
    I'll genuinely be pretty fucking mad if they just randomly decide to scrap it for Destro.
    It was a staple for high-damage play for a lot of years and I honestly like the feel of it more than CB.

And yes I know it isn't a goddamn replacement, I still like having the option however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The only thing I can make of it is the Destruction version is called Soul Fire and the Demo version is Soulfire...so maybe the Demo version name is just a placeholder?