Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    What satisfaction is there from beating someone because you outgear them?
    Making someone evaporate in several seconds is fun, very satisfying. I do it live, turn on PvP, target some Timmy running with PvP mode on and BBQ.

What, you think wPvP is some sort of honorable duel of equality? lol. Attacking when you have unfair advantage and running away when you don't is all there is about forever.

Warmode does nothing new, people who choose to use it can't complain about getting ganked with unfair odds, if anything I think it's a tiniest bit more fair because at least you can't turn it on just like in example above and then drop it with simple whistle - you can only turn it on/off in Stormwind, so at least you commit, unlike now where you can turn it on in people's face - bbq them, then turn off and instantly drop timer with whistle.

People who will have Warmode on - tanks, healers, guys who can run away anytime like Rogues, OP duel specs and occasional n00bs who don't know better and will turn it off after getting creamed a couple of times, so I find it fair game to counter the actual threats with outstanding gear.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2018-06-24 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    What satisfaction is there from beating someone because you outgear them?
    This is such an odd question to me considering how much of games are predicated on people having fun out gearing content.

I mean, people clear most of wow while over geared and find fun in it without even realizing that's what they're doing. Think of how many games are you running around decimating packs of mobs or what have you. That feeling doesn't suddenly change just because its a player on the other end of it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    All good all good

15+ Year Old Account
    One of my problems with PvP is the inequality of mechanics. It is silly that a rogue can load you up on posions where you can die even after you kill them (thats if they don't vanish and run away) but the second a demo warlock dies all pets despawn. They need to make our "living" dots stay around after death. Demo needs that "after death" pressure.

I will likely have warmode on for a little bit to try. But I don't like PvP cause I stink and I always seem to face off against people who can easily kill me. Through gear or bad class match ups. I hate druids because they can break combat and instant mount to run away. But like I said I suck and am fine with it so I run into the basic entry level issues of people who like PvP. I am really only doing it now to grind out rank 2 prestige for first pvp appearance.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Warmode perks are not just a leveling speed bonus.

You are getting 10% more rep and AP on top. It's basically a free bonus for melee and DH/DK tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s nothing, really. You think things will be any different than they are now where we sit at ungodly amount of AP that we don’t need? Even patches before - you simply got to some milestone, which is easy to achieve and after that the bonuses simply don’t matter. And even if you did have the urge to grind it - it definitely wasn’t done by grinding WQs but spamming M+ where Warmode is not active anyway.

So some will have “free” 10% increase from WQs only, before they meet their match and waste all that time saved. Waw. Besides that, I highly doubt Warlocks will be the weaker link in Warmode, you will pretty much slaughter every caster you come across by default, for example.

Deleted
    I don't think the AP gain has much of an impact, when you'll probably get most of it from instanced content anyway.

anyways... can we talk about warlocks now?
    Or at least Warlock PVP and not the "no one gives a shit-benefits of warmode?

The AP isn't the noticeable difference.The rep is. Playing a human toon vs. any other race should make this obvious, and there are several rep gates to be had. Try grinding up Proudmoore Admiralty rep.

It's an obvious benefit that should not be reserved for good duelist specs (melee+ tanks). PvP should receive PvP benefits for warmode, that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to see this conversation as a typical shitters gonna shit thing. If you can't handle your shit as a bloody warlock in the wild - it's on you - stick your tail between the legs, turn off Warmode and suffer the immense penalty of 10% gain to stuff that barely matters in reality.

The immense advantage of human always was just that - one week earlier getting all the rep rewards than the rest... oooOOoOOooOoOOooo. Guess what, somehow all the non-humans survived there just fine all these years - it seems there is just that immense effort going on trying to make an elephant out of a fly.

I guess if you try hard enough you can always find an excuse for being bad, so I guess Warmode will be the BfA thing for it.

I, personally, don't give a flying fuck about your Warmode vies, I know that as warlock I can and always will defeat the majority of the people that I come across, because I will always have an edge over everyone, but the most dedicated PvPers or outright pure counters both because of superior gear and simply because warlocks are good duelists overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibullba View Post
    A false sense of accomplishment by taking the road with the least resistance. Possible insecurities in not seeing the fun in doing organized PvP such as arena as people tend to remember negative aspects more easily than positive ones as that is how human brains are wired for survival. Regardless of the reason, anyway this thread can get back on topic about Demonology Warlock?

Unfortunately many world pvpers their sense of accomplishment was ruining other peoples play experience. They did not want a fair fight they just wanted to smash people who could not effectively respond. The scaling changes are good so that at least you always have a chance. I think I will be maining my demo warlock this go round and I very well may just turn my WvW flag on and just test that.

Is this still the thread for Demonology changes in BFA or is this the 'why I do/don't like World PvP' thread?

^this .its gone from demo discussions to pvp crap i come on here to find out info from players that are testing demo not to hear about pvp crap

Well I did try to get a conversation going about the demon commander, but then the PvP talk came up. I just really want to see how Demo fully functions once they have him working appropriately. Or if they even will have it working in time. Just currently, it only extends your imps time because they typically expire before time is up. Yet he should be affecting all demons. Just hard to test an optimal rotation without fully understanding how many demons you can push for the bonus time. If this does not get implemented properly (as in I hope it really is not just gonna be Blizz deciding to reword it to "imps"), then an issue arises of knowing what further balance changes would be needed.

Just wait until the Prepatch hits and then you got 4 weeks to test everything in a kinda "finished" state.
    Ofc things won't be balanced or fine tuned but you can get a feel for the flow.. to a certain degree, since you will have high haste an stuff.
    But you can just take off some gear to get to a "start of an expansion" level of haste.

Anyone else have the bug where after your pet dies you try to resummon it but nothing happens? I spend the soul shard and the cast, but no pet. I reported it as a bug a couple times.

Also encountered a bug where if your voidwalker dies and you used shadow bulwark it resets when you resummon it. Reported that bug as well. Don't think that's intended.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Also encountered a bug where if your voidwalker dies and you used shadow bulwark it resets when you resummon it. Reported that bug as well. Don't think that's intended.
    Shhhh don't tell them that! If it makes it live it's not a bug, it's a feature

Anyone else have the bug where after your pet dies you try to resummon it but nothing happens? I spend the soul shard and the cast, but no pet. I reported it as a bug a couple times.

Yeah I've been reporting it. I think its related to terrain. When you resummon him on a completely flat surface he tends to stick around. Really annoying bug.

Deleted

Yes! It's really annoying.

Doom Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing [ 160% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage after 30 sec. If Doom kills the target, there is a [ 160% of Spell Power ]% 5% chance to summon a Doomguard to fight for you for 25 sec. Generates 1 Soul Shard when dealing damage . still crap then

Quote Originally Posted by coupes View Post
    Doom Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing [ 160% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage after 30 sec. If Doom kills the target, there is a [ 160% of Spell Power ]% 5% chance to summon a Doomguard to fight for you for 25 sec. Generates 1 Soul Shard when dealing damage . still crap then
    It honestly should 100% spawn a doomguard after its tick that fires 5 doombolts or whatever. That would make it interesting