Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ...
16
56
64
65
66
  1. #1301
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFiddleswitch View Post
    I agree with many here. Demo's mechanics are pretty good. The only feedback I'd give mechanically is that we need a button that allows us to push every current summoned pet onto a single target at will for priority targets and bosses like the Heartsbane Triad - even if it was a talent you had to spec into. Affliction can re-apply it's dots very quickly in these situations, while we take a good 7+ GCDs to get back up to speed. I bring up Hearstbane Triad because the speed at which they switch who has the Iris means that we basically ramp up to full damage right about the time they switch again. You can game it, but it just feels terrible, and being the "Master Summoner" should allows us to at least tell the demons which target to hit.

    As for damage, they definitely need a bit of love. I would say buff Demonbolt and Felguard damage a bit and we'll be good.
    Imo the /petattack command should work for all active demons. It would make things much much better. Just macro it to shadowbolt or whatever you want and everything switches target when you do.

    I don't know why blizzard doesn't want to implement this, it would be such a QOL change.

  2. #1302
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    42
    I agree with Schirmy

    Affliction is like an 8/10 in terms of complexity

    Demo is like a 2/10

    Give it something to make it a bit more challenging... increase the skill gap a little bit. I feel like a gimped ranged ret paladin.
    Last edited by iggyMG; 2018-08-19 at 06:22 PM.
    Check my achievements bruh.

  3. #1303
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    I agree with Schirmy

    Affliction is like an 8/10 in terms of complexity

    Demo is like a 2/10

    Give it something to make it a bit more challenging... increase the skill gap a little bit. I feel like a gimped ranged ret paladin.
    or conversely, ret feels like a super sayajin demo
    i like demo, feels good, fits the lore... but the numbers are godawful...

  4. #1304
    Did 3 more Mythics tonight on my 330 ilvl demo lock. damage is so inconsistent, one minute I could be blowing past everyone and the next I am being out damaged by the tank!

    Anyway I did freehold, waycrest and kings rest tonight in pug mythic groups so there were plenty of wipes, the last of which kings rest a BM hunter who was 10-15 ilvl below me was doing consistantly 1-2k dps more.

    That's a ranged, pet class who has better survivability, better movement and better dps.

  5. #1305
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    I agree with Schirmy

    Affliction is like an 8/10 in terms of complexity

    Demo is like a 2/10

    Give it something to make it a bit more challenging... increase the skill gap a little bit. I feel like a gimped ranged ret paladin.
    Admittedly I was a dick about it, but I stand by my opinion. I didn't play Legion; heard Demo was an atrocity. I'm glad the spec has recovered. It feels like there are small refinements that can be made. Affy is tedious micro-management right now.

  6. #1306
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    I agree with Schirmy

    Affliction is like an 8/10 in terms of complexity

    Demo is like a 2/10

    Give it something to make it a bit more challenging... increase the skill gap a little bit. I feel like a gimped ranged ret paladin.
    What do you find complex about affliction?

    My gripe with affliction for years across multiple xpacs now is its consistently been one of the simplest specs in the game as far as complexity goes. Nothing about it right now has really changed that, so I'm curious what you're finding complex about it as opposed to demo which you're finding incredibly simple.

    (That's not to say that I really care if a spec is super complex or not, that's not what makes a good design. The best designs are where something is really simple and easy to pick up, but has the tools to give it that extra depth so someone who wants to can get that much more out of it. Which is something I always felt affliction consistently lacked.)
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  7. #1307
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    (That's not to say that I really care if a spec is super complex or not, that's not what makes a good design. The best designs are where something is really simple and easy to pick up, but has the tools to give it that extra depth so someone who wants to can get that much more out of it. Which is something I always felt affliction consistently lacked.)
    The way I explain it is that you should have a nice, even slope on a graph plotting Player Skill to Spec Performance. If the slope is too steep, you get a high potential spec that brutally punishes errors and under performs for people not in Mythic tiers. If the slope is too shallow, you get an overly simple spec that has no way to reward skill mastery with better numbers.

    I mean, there's some room for variation, especially for the pure DPS classes. It's good to have a "lower max performance but more reliable numbers" spec for more casual players who don't want a skill intensive rotation, for example. But the extremes are both case places to be.

  8. #1308
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    The way I explain it is that you should have a nice, even slope on a graph plotting Player Skill to Spec Performance.
    ideally it wouldn't be even at all, ideally it would see pretty steep and drastic upticks early on and then level out and see smaller gains for the last bit.

    You want people to be able to pick up a spell and do well even at low skill. 1:1 would be extremely harsh game design.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

  9. #1309
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    ideally it wouldn't be even at all, ideally it would see pretty steep and drastic upticks early on and then level out and see smaller gains for the last bit.

    You want people to be able to pick up a spell and do well even at low skill. 1:1 would be extremely harsh game design.
    Hmm, you might be right. I hadn't thought about it that deeply, but I was probably generalizing from my personal play experience where I'm not at the very top end but still comfortably above average enough that I'm in more even terrain and only see the sharp drop when something's gone badly wrong. Thanks for pointing that out.

  10. #1310
    Another reset and "Inner Demons" are STILL bugged! Reported it probably 30 times by now.
    (several demons summoned are lvl 110 and deal very low damage because of it).

  11. #1311
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Another reset and "Inner Demons" are STILL bugged! Reported it probably 30 times by now.
    (several demons summoned are lvl 110 and deal very low damage because of it).
    Iirc the demons still do the same damage, despite the low level. Blizz should change it for clarity if nothing else, though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •