Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atazs View Post
    This has to be a joke. Please tell me it's only temporarily for the alpha, because it's fucking stupid.
    Well it is meant to be a replacement for having to pay for a server transfer to do the same thing, so I'm not sure what the problem is?

They don't want people out in the world ganking people then turning off PvP once they get some resistance.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Then you can play a Paladin, shield => Hearthstone => Opt-out
    I don't see how it kills pvp, this is a good decision and I support it.
    However, they must do something about server hoppers, I was attacked many times with my guardian druid, and when they realize they can't kill me they just switch realm and disappear, and I can't kill them quickly as a tank.

Umm, haven't they said you will be able to opt in/out at every resting place just like with the talents?

10+ Year Old Account
    This has to be a joke. Please tell me it's only temporarily for the alpha, because it's fucking stupid.
    Sounds like a good idea, any capital after all. Remember, you aren't enabling or disabling a flag in BFA anymore, you are changing into a complete new phase. I find it good, so people can't just in to PvP and then run and hide when they don't find it fun anymore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I wonder what happens if you join a group via group finder for e.g. a world quest when the group leader has PvP on but you have PvP off or vice-versa.

Edit: maybe you will get a pop-up saying "Warning: you're about to be moved to a PvP shard" or something like that.
    Last edited by mmoc3976077be9; 2018-02-14 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean if it is only Orgrimmar and Stormwind and not Boralus and Zul'dazar, it's a problem imo.
    Oh, it would be but I believe it would be any player capitol.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Makes sense. I don't see a problme with this.

5+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought this was strange too, but it makes sense. What are the other options? Ppl ganking, zoning into PvE, then zoning back in again? Phasing into a PvP server to quickly check if a mob on that server hasn't been killed (for a world quest or something) and then phase back to PvE? (I don't think blizz liked that type of single-server hopping.) Allowing infinite on/off toggling? Atleast this provides some structure. Hopefully they make it so you can toggle it on/off in rested areas (slightly inconvenient, but not too much.)

The change makes total sense. It allows you to effectively change from a PvE server to a PvP one, by taking your toon to a capital city. That's awesome.

It prevents higher level players from ganking an already-PvP-flagged lower level player, on the fly.

It prevents lower level players from being cowards, on the fly, with the old "Vanish and de-flag for PvP" type tricks.

It needs to be a choice made ahead of time and with thought to it. Not something where you can just be out in the wild and go "Hmm, too many people here. Ill just switch for this quest then switch back". If its toggleable out in the open world its far to easily abused.

Or better yet, and likely more applicable for you, you won't be able to go gank lowbies then when a max level shows up just toggle it off to safety.
    Last edited by Byucknah The Red; 2018-02-14 at 01:25 PM.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Deleted
    When people say "world pvp died with vanilla" what they really mean is that ganking lower level people trying to quest in STV with their lvl 60 rogue died in vanilla.

Waaaaaaaaaah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    I wonder what happens if you join a group via group finder for e.g. a world quest when the group leader has PvP on but you have PvP off or vice-versa.

Edit: maybe you will get a pop-up saying "Warning: you're about to be moved to a PvP shard" or something like that.
    From my understanding they wouldnt show up as they would be on a different non-connected server

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Thats pretty weird. I mean since flagging moves you to "pvp" shard, its not like you can flag to attack someone unsuspecting. I fail to see reason behind this change.
    It is so you can't do /pvp and escape a ganker in the wild. You commit to World PvP in the city before you leave.

Calm the fuck down, it's a non-issue.
    Alt-reich/Trumpism is a disease and it needs to be purged from the world.

I see.. You wanted a pussy out button.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I prefer it this way. If you want to PVP, PVP. If you were hoping to cheat the system just for the extra bonuses, well, sorry. That's the whole point of the system they announced. They said it was going to work this way at Blizzcon. That you would have to opt-in while you were in a city to benefit from the PVP bonuses. If you didn't, then people could just flag for turn-ins and then turn it off. Either commit and get your rewards, or don't. The whole point of the reward is that your play might be interrupted by other PVPers, so the bonus will off-set that. If you are strictly PVE, then you don't need the bonus because there is no unexpected interruptions.

They have been saying you have to go to Stormwind or Orgrimmar to toggle in and out of PVP since Blizzcon. This isn't new.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    They don't want people to pop in and out of the pvp whenever they want. I 100% support this. I don't want cowards disappearing on me :P
    This. It totally makes sense. It makes it so you can't keep switching all the time. Makes you have a commitment to the status.

That's fucking dumb. Blizzard really killed PvP in BfA. Noone will want to travel to one of the capital cities just to opt into or out of pvp they'd just rather not bother. I know i won't.
    This system hasn't been implemented for that kind of flexibiliy. It's not here to add anything new, but rather to fix one issue : allow people who don't want world pvp and are stuck in a pvp realm for whatever reason (joining friends, etc.) to avoid it, and vice-versa. Me for example, I've always loved world pvp and played on pvp realms but at some point I transfered to a pve realm because a whole bunch of people I met IRL where playing there. And man did I miss world pvp. So this system is perfect for that kind of situation.

So, the idea behind the system is precisely to stay in PvP or in PvE mode permanently, and not being able to switch modes on the fly. It gives people who want world pvp the choice to get that "pvp realm experience" regardless of the realm they play on, and, for the people who don't, the choice to get a "pve realm experience", regardless of the realm. Think of it like having a PvP and a PvE subrealms in one realm.

The possibility to opt in and out of PvP as many times as you want is kind of a positive side-effect of this system, not the main goal. Also, allowing to switch on the fly could lead to abuse (you start attacking someone, and they manage to get out of combat and switch pvp off, for example).

Could someone with Alpha access or who has seen this situation in aan Alpha-Stream please answer this question:

How does the new system handle situations that flag you automatically by aggroing NPCs or entering faction-zones?

In more detail: If my PvP-Flag is set to "off" and i fly into an enemy city...what happens? Is it switched on? Do i get transferred to a PvP shard of this city?

Likewise, if i attack Questgiver-NPCs of the other faction while my PvP-flag is set to "off"...let's say on Hellfire Peninsula (no idea why i came up with this location!)...what exactly happens? Am i not able to attack them? Does nothing change at all, because the whole system only applies to the new continents?

I would really like to know, because whatever i imagine to happen..it always ends up strange.

Let's assume i simply cannot attack faction NPCs if i am not flagged....then i would still be able to aggro and train them with a tank+healer...imagine how somebody pulls all the important NPCs of your quest location and you cannot interact with them. You cannot fight them off either, because no flag.
    Let's assume i still CAN attack them but get flagged instantly. This would contradict the "only switch in capital"-rule...it would also cause the question of what happens when i get flagged this way. Do i get transferred away to a PvP Shard? That would still leave the NPC in my old PvE-Shard dead, since i would be able to oneshot it and nobody could do anything about it. Do i not get phased? Then i'm sitting PvP-flagged on a PvE-shard where nobody is able to attack me.
    Are the NPCs simply ignoring me completely? That would be fucking stupid, because then i could walk through the streets of Stormwind as an Undead, flirting with the City Guard?

What i ASSUME to happen is i get flagged the instant i enter the zone/aggro the NPC and get phased away. Which would still be shit, since there are MANY questlocations throughout the world where you can very easily aggro enemy NPCs just riding by...always getting PvP-sharded whenever that happens and having to return to some safe-zone to switch it back off seems inconvinient...but still the least strange solution, i guess.

So...if anybody knows how 8.0 handles this...please answer.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-02-15 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Stupid restriction. They could have made it much more relaxed way, something like "can't toggle off for few minutes after engaging into PvP", and some small CD when you toggle it on or off. No need to visit capital city, this is stupid.
    Less stupid than waiting to toggle on PvP, hand in your quests and get bonus rewards, then toggling off PvP to do more quests.