Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Let's talk Grimtotem.

Specifically how there is already a section of the tribe allied with the Alliance - from the Stonetalon Peaks alliance side questing.

Isn't it time we the Alliance asked "Where's the Beef?!"

I wish we could get Hozen in the Horde
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grimtotem on the Alliance would be awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    Grimtotem on the Alliance would be awesome!
    yeah no, never suggest that again.

However, I'd like to see that old cow (ha pun intended) magatha get what she deserves, a pike outside orgrimmar, and having someone new coming in you resolve the grimtotems standard with the horde.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Specifically how there is already a section of the tribe allied with the Alliance - from the Stonetalon Peaks alliance side questing.

Okay, but in Dustwallow Marsh they are enemies as always. I feel like it is more of a neutral agreement to take out the Horde rather than an alliance.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

However, I'd like to see that old cow (ha pun intended) magatha get what she deserves, a pike outside orgrimmar, and having someone new coming in you resolve the grimtotems standard with the horde.
    The Horde treats Tauren like shit though, always have. They are basically cannon-fodder and slaves. It seems like they really belong on the Alliance to me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grimtotem for the Alliance,
    Krokul, still angry with the Draenei, for the Horde.

Oh boy this would be THE shitstorm.

Deleted
    Cairn's spirit will never rest because of them! They should be annihilated

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Grimtotem for the Alliance,
    Krokul, still angry with the Draenei, for the Horde.

Oh boy this would be THE shitstorm.
    The Horde should get the Krokul.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer to preserve the visual distinction between Alliance and Horde. Pandaren and Void Elves have blurred that line enough already.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I dunno, seems kinda boring with Highmountain already added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Room V View Post
    The Horde treats Tauren like shit though, always have. They are basically cannon-fodder and slaves. It seems like they really belong on the Alliance to me.
    Baine was at one of the heads of the tables in the horde feast in the cinematic. Dunno where your blowing that smoke from but its not healthy.
    #boycottchina

Baine was at one of the heads of the tables in the horde feast in the cinematic. Dunno where your blowing that smoke from but its not healthy.
    Did you not see the Highmountain intro? Disrespected from the very first moment by the banshee "queen."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    I dunno, seems kinda boring with Highmountain already added.
    Grimtotem are just the tauren we already have ingame with all black fur and face tattoos. Blizzard aren't going to release a faction of tauren as a 'new race' when we can already have them right now, all they would be are kalimdor tauren with face paint. You honestly think blizzard would waist time on what we can already do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Room V View Post
    Did you not see the Highmountain intro? Disrespected from the very first moment by the banshee "queen."
    she disrespects everyone.
    #boycottchina

I'll admit, that did make me laugh .

Grimtotem are just the tauren we already have ingame with all black fur and face tattoos. Blizzard aren't going to release a faction of tauren as a 'new race' when we can already have them right now, all they would be are kalimdor tauren with face paint. You honestly think blizzard would waist time on what we can already do?

- - - Updated - - -

She really is kind of a jerk to everyone.

And why wouldn't they?

The prime characteristics of an allied race are:

1) Bespoke intro content
    2) Custom voice lines
    3) Race specific cosmetic customization options that honestly don't even show up once you throw on armor.
    4) Starting at level 20
    5) Heritage armor sets

They don't get new rigs, they don't get new animations.

The whole thing that takes the most time is the bespoke introduction content of embassy and starting scenario. That's it.

Throw a random Grimtotem chief or Wrathion or whatever into the Alliance embassy, do a "Your tribe is still attempting to be eradicated by the Horde, let us take our ships and evacuate you all to the EKs." Give them a village in Wetlands and call it good.

After that they just need to do some voiceover where you've got a lot of .... mad cows.

Get it?

I hope you do because that's HILARIOUS.

Though, I can actually see Blizz giving alliance Tauren, though they'll probably still have us give Magatha the axe, neither Anduin nor Baine could see it being any different, and also, it's kinda hard to give Horde an allied race, when the only Grimtotem they get along with are living in Thunder Bluff, among the normal Tauren

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I'd prefer to preserve the visual distinction between Alliance and Horde. Pandaren and Void Elves have blurred that line enough already.
    Easy, just make it so that the Grimtotem are absolutely savage looking, making them visually distinct from normal tauren, also Tauren Rogues and Warlocks

- - - Updated - - -

She really is kind of a jerk to everyone.

And why wouldn't they?

The prime characteristics of an allied race are:

1) Bespoke intro content
    2) Custom voice lines
    3) Race specific cosmetic customization options that honestly don't even show up once you throw on armor.
    4) Starting at level 20
    5) Heritage armor sets

They don't get new rigs, they don't get new animations.

The whole thing that takes the most time is the bespoke introduction content of embassy and starting scenario. That's it.

Throw a random Grimtotem chief or Wrathion or whatever into the Alliance embassy, do a "Your tribe is still attempting to be eradicated by the Horde, let us take our ships and evacuate you all to the EKs." Give them a village in Wetlands and call it good.

After that they just need to do some voiceover where you've got a lot of .... mad cows.

Get it?

I hope you do because that's HILARIOUS.
    I could see them giving Grimtotem a more savage silhouette, along with more, say wicked looking horns, with an Heritage Armor set resembling the Highmountain set but with weapons up the wazzoo, and more violent imagery

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    But not Nightfallen?

Honestly, i could give a rat's ass. All these sub-races should be on the opposite faction in order to give players variaty and choice. Choice of tatoo's to diferentiate between 2 races is what your "preservation" results in, and it stinks.

Anyways, i'm not sure Grimtotem fit the alliance unless they get a redemption arc. Even so, might be too many tauren. I feel like 2 of each race is enough. But, i wouldn't say no if blizz wants them. They do fit the requirements of an allied race.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-02-14 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    But not Nightfallen?

Honestly, i could give a rat's ass. All these sub-races should be on the opposite faction in order to give players variaty and choice. Choice of tatoo's to diferentiate between 2 races is what your "preservation" results in, and it stinks.

Anyways, i'm not sure Grimtotem fit the alliance unless they get a redemption arc. Even so, might be too many tauren. I feel like 2 of each race is enough. But, i wouldn't say no if blizz wants them. They do fit the requirements of an allied race.
    No redemption arc, Magatha just doing what she wants.

The Grimtotem are a cult of personality built around her, she might decide that the smoother and more underhanded ways of Alliance politics better suits her style than the overt threats, pushes and tugs of Horde politics.

Also in Anduin she'd see another Baine, someone she could manipulate if given the right chance. Anduin is practically prepped to be manipulated anyway after so many years barely shielded by Bolvar from Catherine Prestor (onyxia.)

10+ Year Old Account

The Grimtotem is still a majority, a threat to the Tauren at most. I mean, aren't we basically forcing their leader to help us as Shamans? (Was a question). The Grimtotem has been a threat for a long time, could be an interesting future thing though I doubt we'll see them on Alliance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..