Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I just look at what happened to Sweden and Germany, and I see trouble coming. if we allow millions of immigrants to come in without any limits we'll have plenty of problems. Ghettos and no-go sections where parts of cities aren't safe. I really like this bill, having a high school education isn't a difficult requirement and it should be required for all Americans, even ones in the south. This bill is quite fair, and although a wall wouldn't do a lot of good it is something. It'd be better to tax the shit out of any company that hires illegals, but if that's not an option then we need to go with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Delana View Post
    There's a difference between the melting pot that once was America and the cultural nihilism that's taking hold now. A country that once believed in liberty or death is freaking out because of school shootings, which are less dangerous than bathtubs. Within the last year people have seriously discussed repealing not just the second, but the first amendment as well. We no longer even share a common language with all of our countrymen, and nobody thinks this is a problem. The country that beat the communists just had Bernie Sanders come within a hairs breadth of the Presidency.

If you think this has nothing to do with the immigration act of 1965, you're deluding yourself.
    There isn't ANYONE, in any position of power, that is asking for the repeal of the 2nd amendment. But we do have the President that is asking to repeal the first. Simply because he is getting so much negative press because he is such a shit candidate. That is, unless you can show me ANYWHERE, where anyone in any position of power, is asking for the 2nd amendment to be repealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I just look at what happened to Sweden and Germany, and I see trouble coming. if we allow millions of immigrants to come in without any limits we'll have plenty of problems. Ghettos and no-go sections where parts of cities aren't safe. I really like this bill, having a high school education isn't a difficult requirement and it should be required for all Americans, even ones in the south. This bill is quite fair, and although a wall wouldn't do a lot of good it is something. It'd be better to tax the shit out of any company that hires illegals, but if that's not an option then we need to go with something else.
    That is because you are fucking delusional.
    Endus Taking Down Allybeboba's Defense of Trump, saved for posterity.
    Since apparently someone complained that they didn't like that Ally was being obliterated.

Master List of Why Trump is a Misogynist, Racist, Fascist, Homophobic Criminal:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EnoughTrump...se_megathread/

Yeah, why don't you look at what happened to Sweden and Germany? As in, don't look at what anti-immigrant people tell you is happening there. As a German, it is really annoying when people use that fake image of your country for their own rhetoric. I have yet to see any actual evidence that migrants achieved any of that or even tried to. Any seedy areas Germans avoid in cities like Berlin were already seedy to begin with and did not need any migrants; those are the kinds of areas that exist in any major city.

Let me put this simply: You fell for propaganda. A lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    There isn't ANYONE, in any position of power, that is asking for the repeal of the 2nd amendment. But we do have the President that is asking to repeal the first. Simply because he is getting so much negative press because he is such a shit candidate. That is, unless you can show me ANYWHERE, where anyone in any position of power, is asking for the 2nd amendment to be repealed.
    No their not, because they know that repealing the second amendment through the amendment process is an impossibility. What they are attempting is to arbitrarily limit one's rights without due process. Last time I checked, it's not a crime to have a mental disorder in this country, yet there's a whole boatload of people arguing against their rights.

I heard 5 people at lunch yesterday discussing banning ammunition. I know this has been a consistent tactic for a little while now. It's these sort of cheap tactics that sow the distrust and tension into the discussion.

No their not, because they know that repealing the second amendment through the amendment process is an impossibility. What they are attempting is to arbitrarily limit one's rights without due process. Last time I checked, it's not a crime to have a mental disorder in this country, yet there's a whole boatload of people arguing against their rights.

I heard 5 people at lunch yesterday discussing banning ammunition. I know this has been a consistent tactic for a little while now. It's these sort of cheap tactics that sow the distrust and tension into the discussion.
    So, you think a schizophrenic person should have the ability, at any time, to have a gun, that he could snap at any time to kill people? Sorry, but that should be illegal.
    Since apparently someone complained that they didn't like that Ally was being obliterated.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, you think a schizophrenic person should have the ability, at any time, to have a gun, that he could snap at any time to kill people? Sorry, but that should be illegal.
    So you think schizophrenic people shouldn't have rights? Who decides who is "mentally ill".

So you think schizophrenic people shouldn't have rights? Who decides who is "mentally ill".
    All rights, including owning guns, have limitations. That is why you can't go out and buy a minigun, or a nuke. And professional psychologists are the ones who decide.

They need to be assessed?

Schizophrenic people have episodes where they are completely detached from reality, they might suddenly think their kid is a zombie dragon about to bite their head off. Do you think it's a good idea for them to have guns?

- - - Updated - - -

I just look at what happened to Sweden and Germany, and I see trouble coming. if we allow millions of immigrants to come in without any limits we'll have plenty of problems. Ghettos and no-go sections where parts of cities aren't safe.
    Good thing the US doesn't have ghettos or high crime areas kek. It definitely doesn't have more than quadruple the homicide rate of Germany or Sweden.

P.S. Define what exactly a "no go zone" is and prove that they exist in Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Let me put this simply: You fell for propaganda. A lot of it.
    Is it propaganda when the ruling parties finance minister admits they fucked up? https://voiceofeurope.com/2017/12/sw...many-refugees/
    This is more about refugees, but it can also apply to migrants as well.
    When you admit millions of migrants, you need to be able to think rationally where you are going to place them, since deporting them is not an option. Once they are here, they aren't going away.
    Swedish politicians should be working for their Swedish citizens, you know, the ones who elected them? The migrants did not vote them in. Instead you have a country that ruled based on feelings instead of logic.

As for the No-go zones. Try filming them and you'll get yourself killed. Migrants will beat the shit out of you any time they see a camera,

This video is kinda old but its still relevant.
    The author of this video lives in Sweden and talks about the issues in Sweden and they haven't gotten any better.

Is it propaganda when the ruling parties finance minister admits they fucked up? https://voiceofeurope.com/2017/12/sw...many-refugees/
    This is more about refugees, but it can also apply to migrants as well.
    When you admit millions of migrants, you need to be able to think rationally where you are going to place them, since deporting them is not an option. Once they are here, they aren't going away.
    Swedish politicians should be working for their Swedish citizens, you know, the ones who elected them? The migrants did not vote them in. Instead you have a country that ruled based on feelings instead of logic.

As for the No-go zones. Try filming them and you'll get yourself killed. Migrants will beat the shit out of you any time they see a camera,

This video is kinda old but its still relevant.
    The author of this video lives in Sweden and talks about the issues in Sweden and they haven't gotten any better.
    I love how you complain about 'feelings instead of logic', when you still have not backed up your claims about my country, but just 'feel' that it has to be bad here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I love how you complain about 'feelings instead of logic', when you still have not backed up your claims about my country, but just 'feel' that it has to be bad here.
    reread my post, it very clearly explains how Sweden is starting to have problems, and theres a Swedish citizen living there giving testimony.
    Then use logic, if you have the resources to house/feed/support around 9m people, and then you add in an additional 300,000 your going to have problems. Some rich parts of the city may stay the same due to the rich not wanting migrants near them so they'll simply lean on government officials who will send the migrants to whatever poor city they want, and the poor areas will just get worse.

Mental health professionals who diagnose such illnesses.

I am personally of the belief that such a diagnosis on its own should not be enough. I think that anyone diagnosed with mental illnesses should appear before a judge, who will then decide if that person is legally mentally competent to be responsible for their own actions.

If you are adjudicated as mentally incompetent, you then have additional protections (limitations on the contracts you can enter [more likely be coerced] into, for example) and restrictions (inability to get a driver license, for example) under the law.

That prevents advocate psychotherapists from declaring everyone mentally unfit in an attempt to remove gun rights without due process, and it ensures that everyone that has their rights restricted has appeared in court, and can appeal the judge's decision in a higher court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.

reread my post, it very clearly explains how Sweden is starting to have problems, and theres a Swedish citizen living there giving testimony.
    Then use logic, if you have the resources to house/feed/support around 9m people, and then you add in an additional 300,000 your going to have problems. Some rich parts of the city may stay the same due to the rich not wanting migrants near them so they'll simply lean on government officials who will send the migrants to whatever poor city they want, and the poor areas will just get worse.
    My post was rather concerned about you stating that Germany and Sweden have supposedly the same issue, when I can give you a lot of German testimonies that it is definitely not as bad as you make it out to be. You simply dropped that statement there without backing it up in any way, yet speak of only using logic in all evaluations.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    What is the cost of americans lives worth? dying to cocaine addiction and other drugs brought over.

Maybe we just let Isis take over syria go its not our problem and use that money at home on a border. would be better spent money.

About as much as an officers bullet according to many on these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I don't care about any of those catchphrases or hashtags or any of that stuff, it was good policy, even some of the competing bills were worthy of support. At the end of the day, this a loss for everyone. Good policy failed to succeed.

You don't?

#vindicated

Melania Trump’s parents are legal permanent residents, raising questions about whether they relied on ‘chain migration’

In a development that should surprise pretty much no one, Melania's parents got their green cards and are about to become citizens almost certainly through the very "chain migration" practice that Trump and his minions have been blathering about and trying to shut down.

The parents of first lady Melania Trump have become legal permanent residents of the United States and are close to obtaining their citizenship, according to people familiar with their status, but their attorney declined to say how or when the couple gained their green cards.

Immigration experts said Viktor and Amalija Knavs very likely relied on a family reunification process that President Trump has derided as “chain migration” and proposed ending in such cases.

The Knavses, formerly of Slovenia, are living in the country on green cards, according to Michael Wildes, a New York-based immigration lawyer who represents the first lady and her family.
    Matthew Kolken, a partner at a New York immigration law firm, said there are only two substantive ways Trump’s in-laws could gain green cards: through sponsorship by their daughter or an employer. The latter is unlikely, he said, as it would require evidence that there were no Americans who could do the job for which they were hired.

The Knavses are reportedly retired. In Slovenia, Viktor Knavs, now 73, worked as a chauffeur and car salesman. Amalija Knavs, now 71, was a pattern maker at a textile factory.
    "Chain migration for me, but not for thee!"
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Somewhere that is probably not inside a tank
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Melania Trump’s parents are legal permanent residents, raising questions about whether they relied on ‘chain migration’

In a development that should surprise pretty much no one, Melania's parents got their green cards and are about to become citizens almost certainly through the very "chain migration" practice that Trump and his minions have been blathering about and trying to shut down.

"Chain migration for me, but not for thee!"
    Ahahahaha, I mean this was predictable, Trump has literally abused everything he rails against, but still, this is pretty rich.

Or maybe Trump is against it because nobody wants their Mother-in-law in the same country. Even if said mother in law is the exact same age as him, which is slightly weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post

Oh I know, I'm willing to call him out on bad acts but also praise him for good acts, and that latter part there means I'm absolutely devoted to him, somehow.
    When have you ever called him out on bad acts? He's been nothing but a bad act for a year now.