Thread: Racials in PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans docterfreeze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    You are missing the point completely.
    A player shouldnt be forced to reroll for the best / most optimized racial. How hard is that to understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Except for EMFH and shadowmeld. Remove them all or give the exactly same one to all races.
    EMFH gets hit with the removal of adapt, not that it's OP anyways. Shadowmeld isn't a problem. It takes skill to use correctly.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2018-02-20 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    EMFH gets hit with the removal of adapt, not that it's OP anyways. Shadowmeld isn't a problem. It takes skill to use correctly.
    Doesnt matter. Still an advantage over someone that doesnt have it.

Remove Them All!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Doesnt matter. Still an advantage over someone that doesnt have it.

Remove Them All!
    That's the fucking point! It's supposed to be an advantage!

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    That's the fucking point! It's supposed to be an advantage!
    Well then your point sucks. There shouldnt be gamebreaking advantages from racials. Simple as that!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    No please, pruning and homogenization is what has been killing PvP since cata, we don't need more of it.
    Despite me wanting things to be "more balanced", I have to totally agree with Knolan here. Prunning and homogenization fucked PvP up big time. Despite being a "mini-esports-game", PvP is supposed to still be a part of WoW, which is an RPG game.
    I like arena, I actually love it. I'm 2k+ in every healer alt and gladiator on main, but I really really really don't want to see homogenization of racials like they did with classes (and are UNDOING in BfA, because they know they fucked up)

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add: if you want to play PvP seriously, you don't complain about your race being weaker than other X race, you roll that X race that is supposed to be better in PvP. thats how it works.

Remove racials. All races are born equal, even in World of Warcraft.

The only people arguing that racials "should" be OP are probably the same ones who've never seen anything over 1500 in any rated play.

People should want to play a race because they enjoy the character idea, not because it'll lead to significant performance differences.

If a racial can ever result in a kill, it needs removal.

Arcane torrent is a great example of an ability that makes healers hate healing in PvP. An aoe silence that takes no skill to use. You don't even have to target the person. Utter joke.

I wouldn't mind having faction mirrored racials. Only thing is, that they are a great way for Blizz to make money. Changing the meta causes people to pay for race changes so they can get in on that racial goodness.

So although I think it would be good for game balance, it wouldn't necessarily be good for their pocket books, which is why I think this change may never come.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

So basically the OP wants every class that can be played by Human and Undead to be played by Human and Undead in PvP?

The idea of factions having the same racial on both sides has been kicked around for a long time. Blizz isnt going to do it.