Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by njasha View Post
    Tell me guys how. How it is possible to get same power with laptops (max 120Watt supply?) against normal computer (at least 400Watt). There is less power on supply so it is impossible to have same power on M version than on Standard version. This is my last reply to you because I do not want get warned. For me laptops are remote so they are projected to get less power and it's logic than it will be weaker.
    You don't have to reply if you don't want, no big deal... I get what you're saying.

Yes, "M" GPU's are weaker. We can agree on that. But they're also totally different hardware, that you cannot buy for a desktop. If you're out buying a car, and see a bike nearby, you don't ask "How much is that car?"

You cannot buy a 960M (Well, I guess you could probably find one on ebay), but you can't put it into a desktop. It's physically impossible. So that's not even a market consideration. Car sellers don't sell bikes. Video card vendors don't sell laptop GPU's. So no, you don't need to 'watch out' for the "M" ones, since you can't buy any.

And if you did, you bought a laptop instead of a video card by accident. At that point there's not much help.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by njasha View Post
    Tell me guys how. How it is possible to get same power with laptops (max 120Watt supply?) against normal computer (at least 400Watt). There is less power on supply so it is impossible to have same power on M version than on Standard version. This is my last reply to you because I do not want get warned. For me laptops are remote so they are projected to get less power and it's logic than it will be weaker.

Due to the topic.

What is your Power Supply?
    Laptop parts are made to use less energy, desktop CPU's are 65 watt or more some even almost 200 watt, laptop CPU's are 15 watt or 35 watt, not too mention they usually also have less cores/threads then their desktop counterparts, and their base and boost clockspeeds are also lower same for GPU's.

Some laptop CPU's can boost relatively high, but not for long or they will thermal trhottle.

Why would anyone throw money at a xx50 or xx60 card. If you cant afford a xx70 or xx80 then wait untill you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Why would anyone throw money at a xx50 or xx60 card. If you cant afford a xx70 or xx80 then wait untill you can.
    Because an xx70 or an xx80 is complete overkill for WoW at 1080p maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Just because you can afford one doesn't mean you should buy it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

The 1050 Ti should be about 50% more powerful than the 750 Ti. Try running a benchmark and see if you get what others with the same card are getting. It's always good to rule out a hardware fault.

That said, the following is more likely.

Make sure you haven't bumped another setting, like render scale or one of the more demanding AA methods. There's more to WoW's settings than the 1-10 slider, and some of them are insidiously demanding for little visual extras. IIRC shadows and water can be safely bumped down one level from the max, because they cause huge drops in framerate for no noticeable effect.

I recently upgraded my video card as the fans on my original weren't working so just a matter of time.

The guy at the shop told me something interesting, which I cannot verify as I am not in the computer parts industry: A 1050 is the updated version of the 650, every year they increase the model number by a 100. There will be improvements simply because the new cards are faster, but not at (1050/650) 61% increase.

And I would agree with that as the graphics are better but not super-mega-better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    The guy at the shop told me something interesting, which I cannot verify as I am not in the computer parts industry: A 1050 is the updated version of the 650, every year they increase the model number by a 100. There will be improvements simply because the new cards are faster, but not at (1050/650) 61% increase.

And I would agree with that as the graphics are better but not super-mega-better.
    118% False.

The 650 is based of the Sept 2012 GK107-450-A2 Kepler architecture.
    The 1050 is based off the Oct 2016 GP107-300 Pascal architecture.
    The Maxwell architecture is in between them. They are not remotely based on eachother.

While it's true that new revisions increase the model number by 100, (650, 750, 950, 1050), the only similarity is the name, and the rough power base. You can assume that each number increase is better, by the number. But they are not 'updated' versions or 'faster' versions. It's usually a new architecture. Of course, there are exceptions. The 750 and 950 are both Maxwell architecture, but different dies and differences.

That said, the 650 is 3 generations behind. It's almost double in some games.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently upgraded my video card as the fans on my original weren't working so just a matter of time.

Not everything is that cut and paste, buddy.

Besides what @chazus explained to you, here's some actual charts for comparison's sake.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...050/3154vs3650

Please don't spread misinformation.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this thread gave me cancer. Just gonna leave this here again so i can stop getting notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    i like this guy. well we can /thread this. not here to discuss the most powerful graphics card, or why ppl are mining. the card is already bought and installed, my question on wows performance is answered.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    Wow this thread gave me cancer. Just gonna leave this here again so i can stop getting notifications.
    Just walk away.

It'll die... in due time. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted

You should tell the guy to find another industry. It's all about architecture

The guy at the shop told me something interesting
    he probably has a load of 900 series cards in his stock room he is still trying to shift ;P

it is a very basic sales person technique. lying.