Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    But why though, is it because of a strong drinking culture or are there problems that cause this?
    Because they're on holiday

Also they're cunts lol

And this had turned into a UK bashing thread. GJ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bae View Post
    And this had turned into a UK bashing thread. GJ
    Pretty sure that was the intention

what bar would allow any one person to drink 43 glasses of port? you cut em off much sooner than that. it makes the story seem untrue. even though if you dig further the drunken public antics are common place in universities in england. so this is just par for the course for students in that country.

you cant call yourself british if you're not fat, stupid and spend all your time and money in the pub/football/gambling. God I hate the north, white trash in america look so refined compared to these guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    you cant call yourself british if you're not fat, stupid and spend all your time and money in the pub/football/gambling. God I hate the north, white trash in america look so refined compared to these guys.
    Since when was Oxford in the North?

10+ Year Old Account
    the upperclass in a nutshell.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Since when was Oxford in the North?
    It’s further North than Watford, so it’s basically in Scotland, like Yorkshireland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Being on holiday isn't really a reason to be like that.
    I did also say because they're cunts... Basically it's holiday + weather + cheap booze + losing inhibitions. A lot of 18-30 holidays fuel the 'get pissed and party' attitudes

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea that uk youth are some drunken pissheads is a myth based on stereotyping and pop culture references.

Statistically 17% of under 15s admit to trying alcohol in the UK. Sure this number is only 10% in the US but it's hardly some dramatic jump.

Millennials are far less likely to smoke and drink than my generation.

Deleted
    I did also say because they're cunts... Basically it's holiday + weather + cheap booze + losing inhibitions. A lot of 18-30 holidays fuel the 'get pissed and party' attitudes
    I love language, and the differing uses of words. The word "cunt" is probably the most vile thing an American can say to (or about) a woman, yet it is just a common word amongst the Brits, used as freely as we use the word "asshole". Same goes for "fag" - a horribly offensive word for Americans but nothing more than a way to describe a cigarette by the Brits, a common every day word.

But then again, we Americans like to "shag" fly balls in baseball and I am sure the Brits look at us like WTF?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I love language, and the differing uses of words. The word "cunt" is probably the most vile thing an American can say to (or about) a woman, yet it is just a common word amongst the Brits, used as freely as we use the word "asshole". Same goes for "fag" - a horribly offensive word for Americans but nothing more than a way to describe a cigarette by the Brits, a common every day word.

But then again, we Americans like to "shag" fly balls in baseball and I am sure the Brits look at us like WTF?
    We're more concerned about your Fanny Packs

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    UK youth seems to have drinking problems unmatched by any other country in the world.

I remember walking through London in the evening and drunk women lay everywhere on the ground, passed out and half naked.
    They are notorious in Spanish and Greek holiday resorts too.
    There's a real lack of moderation. I rarely drink alcohol myself and when I do it'll be for a special occasion and alongside a nice meal. I will never understand the desire for people to drink to get drunk, throwing up over themselves, getting into fights and other dubious situations. It's revolting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    The idea that uk youth are some drunken pissheads is a myth based on stereotyping and pop culture references.

Statistically 17% of under 15s admit to trying alcohol in the UK. Sure this number is only 10% in the US but it's hardly some dramatic jump.

Millennials are far less likely to smoke and drink than my generation.
    TBF there is an issue with 18-30s binge drinking. Granted I suspect this is slowly dying out but it's mostly fuelled by this ridiculous tribal notion that you 'have' to drink to be accepted

Deleted
    Shame there wasn't a firm of scaffolders there.

Deleted
    We're more concerned about your Fanny Packs
    Lol, that makes 2 of us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I don't think anyone is claiming they are minors so I'm not sure why you bring that up.
    That was one age range, 18-26 has also had a dramatic drop as well. There's been a 40% drop in drinking in people in that age range in just 10 years.

The UK as a whole has seen a 25% drop in alcohol consumption in a short space of time.

It's about time people's notions of the UK catch up.

By contrast the US has increased.

- - - Updated - - -

TBF there is an issue with 18-30s binge drinking. Granted I suspect this is slowly dying out but it's mostly fuelled by this ridiculous tribal notion that you 'have' to drink to be accepted
    This age range has seen a big drop in total drinkers but a rise in binge drinking. It's like far fewer people are drinking but more people who do drink are drinking more. Like these Tory twats.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2018-02-14 at 10:30 PM.