Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    "Tank spec” feels outdated"

    Is it me or is this game becomming more like GW2 everday. Along with this and giving tanks and healers "extra abilities in island scenarios to help dps heal and tank", it would appear WoW is eventually aiming to ditch the holy trinaty altogether.
    Did you even read it?

    It said that all pets would be tank and dps equally well - you took it out of context.
    The message from Trump could not be clearer, "We do not have 'allies'. We do not have 'trade partners'. We do not have 'common ground' or 'common interests'. We do not have 'strategic alliances'. We do not honor 'agreements'."

  2. #82
    Herald of the Titans Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    You compare apples and oranges and you don't want to understand the whole situation. Read again, I won't write it down again how it's an advantage to keep a player in combat and damaging it, having 100% uptime, even when there is no actual interaction between the player characters due to los situation.
    Show us on the doll exactly where the big, bad hunter hurt you lol.

    Seriously, you sound like youre just salty over some hunter handing you a PvP spanking. There are ways to mitigate that hunter specific game mechanic, use them.

    Next you'll argue that rogue stealth is unfair because you can't see them.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  3. #83
    The Lightbringer Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    3,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Now only need to implement a simple mechanism: Pets should be able attack only if the target is in the line of sight of the hunter.
    Eh? Why really? Can you not sent a trained animal around a corner and attack something?

  4. #84
    reinstate pet family uniqueness
    I love this!

  5. #85
    I am Murloc! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    At this point hunter pets are just boring. They all feel the same with different skins.
    Hmmm no, the exact opposite.

    Actually you are required to play core hound, neither ray (BL) or crane (BR).

    That's the only 3 usefull pets you can have. Everything else is a subpar choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  6. #86
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Me, with you on earth from Denmark
    Posts
    2,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Gforcez View Post
    Are they fixing pathing for hunter pets aswel? Sometimes hunter pets still do really weird stuff.. or walking very weird routes and end up pulling everything in their way.
    You're not supposed to highlight that issue as everyone knows that blizzs AI pathing is dumb as nails, and it always will be thanks to the dated game and spaghetti code. The few pet classes in-game will never warrant a proper fix considering half the time you don't notice any issues ... as they put it. Their timeconstraint doesn't allow them to spend time on an issue they don't consider productive or enough of an issue to warrant the time fixing it.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-02-14 at 07:17 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    pls remove growl in instances its so annoying while leveling get someone in group who didnt know how to switch it off or didnt give a shit to switch it off
    Install the Bad Pet addon. They'll get the hint when chat gets spammed. My main is a hunter, and I have no qualms incriminating myself if I screw up.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkrind View Post
    how?

    By making them EVEN MORE GENERIC?

    I wish hunter pets had been pushed in the opposite direction like they used to be. I want bears and turtles to be tanky by default. I want bats and snakes and birds to be PVP harrassers by default and I don't want them to be tanky too. I want there to be pure glass cannon DPS pets and some more durable reliable DPS pets. I don't suppose we need oldschool pet talent trees but I sure would like to select SOME skills for pets instead of every bear being the same and every bird being the same. Right now, pets are stat sticks and that's what they're being tuned to be even more and that's super boring. They're obligatory pets, not flavorful pets. Kinda defeats the point of being a Hunter unless your entire WoW existence is playing pretty pretty princess dressup and you have to have a kitty cat and don't want to get yelled at in a raid for having your precious kitty cat as your pet.
    I like the direction they are going. I don't have to HAVE to use a certain pet for specific abilities or types. I like them having pet families so that you still have to switch but it's not as specific.

    Currently, in live, any pet can do anything. That is boring.

  9. #89
    why don't they stop fucking around with pet and return to the ol' good day of pet skill, feeding and affection? this crap of making pet all the same is retarded.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I like the direction they are going. I don't have to HAVE to use a certain pet for specific abilities or types. I like them having pet families so that you still have to switch but it's not as specific.

    Currently, in live, any pet can do anything. That is boring.
    what is boring is the only difference btw pet being the graphic, pet should be all different like it was back in the brokentoth days.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    And how would they compensate for that massive nerf? Why stop there? Might as well ask for the dead zone back too.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Call your pet, bloodlust, dismiss pet. Easy enough.
    You can't call a pet if you have Lone Wolf.

  11. #91
    This change sucks, I like to have wolves and pets that match a xmog I'm wearing at that time. But with This change why would I bring my wolf if the raid already has classes with a lust. So this change will force me to pick a tenacity pet because they have better abilities. So I won't be able to choose a pet I want like we do now. A lot of posts on these threads show how ignorant people are about Hunter pets.

  12. #92
    Mechagnome Dembai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pony Hell
    Posts
    557
    The Tenacity CD is too powerful, while the BL access is SHITE (as most raids will have access to it anyway and you can only use one a fight), and removing Brezzes, which are 100% more important than BL access, just takes away one of the more important things a hunter brought to a raid that is pushing into harder content.

    Not to mention that because the Tenacity CD is so powerful, that no hunter would (in their right mind) ever bring a Ferocity pet again, even though they are (on a visual level) the most appealing pets.

    Take Lust - Give Brez. And Give Brez regardless of spec. Or put it on the Cunning Pets, and Give Ferocity pets something else. As it stands, the most popular pets will not be seen on high level hunters come BFA. And that's a real shame. (Unless you're going to restrict Shammies and Mages from casting Lust as often as they do (ie: put it back on a long CD)

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post

    what is boring is the only difference btw pet being the graphic, pet should be all different like it was back in the brokentoth days.
    I literally have no idea what you just said

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I literally have no idea what you just said
    they are simplifying pet mechanic to much there is no value in hunting rare pets beside how they look and they are reduced into a simple dot, i would like them go back old mechanics (different stats, feeding, learning abilities, etc) polish them a bit and make hunting rare pets or difficult to tame one (those with special mechanics or tameable raid bosses) worth taming and fostering.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    they are simplifying pet mechanic to much there is no value in hunting rare pets beside how they look and they are reduced into a simple dot, i would like them go back old mechanics (different stats, feeding, learning abilities, etc) polish them a bit and make hunting rare pets or difficult to tame one (those with special mechanics or tameable raid bosses) worth taming and fostering.
    The problem with making rare pets or spirit pets better than others is that not everyone can get one during the course of an expansion. Bad design IMO.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    The problem with making rare pets or spirit pets better than others is that not everyone can get one during the course of an expansion. Bad design IMO.
    it's bad design if it's only about camping a spot with other x player to get one or if the requirement is to clear x dungeon/raid in mythic, but a system that require fostering a pet like it was back in vanilla is not.
    Anyway we can debate how to make the system better on thing is clear for me the current way of making pet different only visually is just retarded and extremely immersion breaking (a lion do same damage and have same ability as a turtle?).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Once you los the caster, the dots/hots expire, you can even drop combat. You can't do the same with pets when the hunter is in range and doesn't cancel pet attack. Your argument is invalid.
    Then get out of range, argument is valid again. You really just sound like an angry little girl, lol.

  18. #98
    Best changes so far, for hunter to get some utility in these day its not so easy - one hope of mine that duo pet from BM gona give bonuses from both type of pets not only from 1st one.
    As its now hunter no more than dps dummy , what to do - DAMAGE - but what if i wonna some other playstyle????? - no yours 3 specs pure dps without any utility (execp traps)



    more than 20 pets with useless skills await theirs reworks in BFA.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2018-02-15 at 07:13 PM.
    My Most expected races to be added:High ELFs,Darkfallen,Ogres,Tolvirs,Centaurs,Tortolian,Mogu,Naga,Mantid,Hozen,Satyr,Skeleton,Bot ani,Saberon
    My Most expected classes for new x-pac :Necromancer,Tinker,Warden,Blademaster,Dark Ranger,Spell Breaker,Berserker,Bard

  19. #99
    We've come a long ways from having to tame specific pets to rank up their abilities for another pet.

  20. #100
    oh dear.the only thing i can think of "never go full retard blizz" and devs talking between themslves saying "ppl are complaining that pats are being a pain in the but cause they are too useful" other dev says "oh wait hold my beer....." and now we have these silly changes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •