Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Disc priests
    Ret paladins on high tyrannical with autobubble
    blood dks
    monks.

Rejoice.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Well, we have a different approach to the game.
    Their job is to heal, and the flexible hybrid healer is something that shouldn't be a part of the game, in fact, heal speccs should not even be doable to do damage in dungeons and raids, only outside in the world for quests etc.
    Ah yes, jobs! It's a tanks job to pull, a healers job to keep said tank alive, and a dps job to kill things dead. Doing more than your allotted job is absolutely outrageous. The tank is using dps trinkets? Blasphemy. A healer casting dps abilities? lolremoved. Oh my god that dps pulled for the tank? Ban him!

Or... Don't try to force your approach on the game on everyone else. I will use my free globals to dps and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Feel free to afk when you're healing a group that isn't at any risk of dying.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

7+ Year Old Account
    Would really hope this affix doesn't ever make it to live. It is not a fun looking affix at all
    It would also mean its the first affix that can potential even buff players at all, unlike all other affixes that just make your life harder.
    If blizzard is experimenting with positive-negative affixes, it may be time for tyrannical / fortified to disappear...

Back on track
    This entire affix just feels wrong. Would make more sense if it was something like players dealing less damage at lower health if we're still going along that theme, so players have to stay healthy
    Or like change it to be somewhat along its name. Maybe like taking damage has a chance to darken the floor beneath you, rendering that you take %health damage while standing in it, than it disappears after a while. Could be potentially more interesting like this

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, of course not. He is using the current system and obviously does a great job.

What I think, in my opinion, the SYSTEM should make the healer a real healer and not this kind of hybrid thing. Same goes for tanks. Tank and Healer damage need to be heavily reduced in dungeons and raids (more or less non existing for healers). But that might just be me.

Swap it, as a Rogue, I would find it absurd to be asked to start offhealing or something (if I had such an ability).
    Imho, it is more fun when we do get to think outside the box and be versatile. Rogues tanking in certain situations has always been a thing - "evasion tank". As tank, I would be bored out of my mind if all I got to do was chain defensives. Don't you want tanks to have fun? Why shouldn't we get to have fun too? You want there to be even fewer tanks and healers in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

In my opinion, high DPS should always be something that is valued a lot less than overall performance. I rather have a low dps group that does mechanics well than a high dps group that fails alot, If I had to chose between the two.
    High dps is a valid part of overall performance. In my experience, the players parsing gold are usually also better at mechanics, while those parsing grey tend to die a lot.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-02-16 at 08:25 PM. Reason: typo

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Seems like another affix that makes the healer hate their life, as if Grievous and Bursting weren't enough.

Most people hate affixes that make people think or change their playstyle. "Durn explosives, y u mean i no can pull big"? "Bursting is so unfair, I have to think!"

This one sounds like its hitting the mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Most people hate affixes that make people think or change their playstyle. "Durn explosives, y u mean i no can pull big"? "Bursting is so unfair, I have to think!"

This one sounds like its hitting the mark!
    The problem I see with Blight is that only 1 player has to think and everyone else is incentivised to make that players life harder by standing in fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blight week shall be pronounced "Bring a brewmaster or suffer"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The problem I see with Blight is that only 1 player has to think and everyone else is incentivised to make that players life harder by standing in fire.
    If you're doing keys where this even matters, there's a pretty high probability that everybody is in direct communication with one another. How this is just a healer affix is beyond me, seems more like a group affix to me.

Damage dealers should already know what damage they can take, and what damage they can't even on current keys (or in raiding). It's called knowing the dungeon, and this affix actually encourages this. Damage on the second boss in EoA comes in predictable bursts every ~35 seconds, granted it does a crazy amount of damage. If you know you can live through it without a defensive, it would be beneficial to let it go through and dip as low possible. Otherwise you use a defensive. Your healer on the other hand would be playing the exact same way as your damage dealers, except topping people off prior to this ability coming back up again.

It's an interesting affix because it makes your whole group think. Even on very high keys (using the current dungeons) it would be possible to abuse this to great benefit (both DPS and healers). Your group just needs to know what damage they can take, and when it needs to be healed. Actually makes you think a great deal. Of course it's going to be annoying in certain instances where periodic damage is abundant and people need to be topped off constantly.

Personally I kind of like it if the tuning is proper. Ideally there shouldn't be a very large penalty (if at all) when topped off, and the damage increase shouldn't be so massive at low health thresholds that you start to see some pretty degenerative things. MM for example being at 5% the entire instance and standing essentially outside of a range in which they are actually able to be targeted by any mechanics would be pretty silly, but also interesting if tuned correctly. The risk with the affix if the damage is too crazy, it would be the only week where you would really want to push keys (unless there are other affixes that increase throughput). Which I guess is fine, because everybody gets access to the same affixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Blight week shall be pronounced "Bring a brewmaster or suffer"
    Fury warriors pls. Blood dk and Veng dh can be nasty self-healers as well.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    One thing for sure: this affix will give really good healers a chance to shine.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Imagine this combined with Skittish, you may as well just not bring a tank.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Imagine this combined with Skittish, you may as well just not bring a tank.
    Skittish in it's current state is laughable to most tank specs. Really only Guardian who might still have issues with it, and even then only when paired with extreme AOE dps specs.

For the other tank specs, it just exposes the bad tanks if they have issues with it still. It's been nerfed into the ground, taunt always made it non existent for ST(even before the nerf) and tank AoE has scaled well enough to make it a non issue for most specs.

Skittish is basically a free non affix when it happens now.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-02-19 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Skittish in it's current state is laughable to most tank specs. Really only Guardian who might still have issues with it, and even then only when paired with extreme AOE dps specs.

For the other tank specs, it just exposes the bad tanks if they have issues with it still. It's been nerfed into the ground, taunt always made it non existent for ST(even before the nerf) and tank AoE has scaled well enough to make it a non issue for most specs.

Skittish is basically a free non affix when it happens now.
    Eh? Guardian is literally the easiest tank ever for skittish, their aoe dps is off the charts. Tank I found that most suffers is Warrior, since you have no dmg outside your burst window (compared to other tanks).
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Eh? Guardian is literally the easiest tank ever for skittish, their aoe dps is off the charts. Tank I found that most suffers is Warrior, since you have no dmg outside your burst window (compared to other tanks).
    I hope your joking, Guardian aoe damage is literally a joke outside of incarnation. They have the worst aoe damage of any tank spec in the game, they have the most aoe burst potential but that's all it is and only usable for a few packs per dungeon.

5+ Year Old Account
    might be pre cool when spectating an M+ tournament... playing it, not as much lol. Another affix to blame for heals "stop maxing us we do less dmg, zomg heal we're dying"

to all of you saying this will be hard for the healers, killing pugs and making high tyranical bosses impossible and whatnot. We don't even know if its a player buff/debuff or a mob one. It might be a third option to tier 3 affixes. Instead of tyranical you get blight and it make the boss hit harder the lower he is.

I suppose it could actually work for groups who know how to dodge all avoidable damage. Then, their healers could learn when DPS aren't in any sort of threat of dying when at low HP. Then you would actually have a affix helping you for once.

All depends on the numbers, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I hope your joking, Guardian aoe damage is literally a joke outside of incarnation. They have the worst aoe damage of any tank spec in the game, they have the most aoe burst potential but that's all it is and only usable for a few packs per dungeon.
    You've clearly not been playing with moonbears. Boomkin shoulder+Guardian cloak+ Galactic guardian (rather than incarnation) gives guardians the second-best sustained AOE damage (only below paladins playing with legs+shoulders), and it's tied to *zero* cooldowns. Bonus points if you have a high ilvl glaive from Tomb, as the cloak buffs the Glaive damage by 30%, making it hit for as much as a normal DPS would (a long with healing you for the damage).

Incarnation kind of went the way of the dodo in the middle of tomb, so if you still see bears using it, they're either doing mythic progress (where they're forced into defensive legendaries, for the sake of surviving), they don't *have* the moonkin shoulders, or they're just bad.