Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What do you think 'Shul-Naguruth' is?

I found this while searching WOWDB database.

IT has eye tantacles, maw tantcles and another tentacles!

Shul-Nagruth....Shub-Niggurath?

another Old Gods?

http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/128611-eye-of-shul-nagruth

http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/128610-maw-of-shul-nagruth

http://beta.wowdb.com/npcs/128609-te...f-shul-nagruth

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Definitely something Old God-related or adjacent, I would wager. Could be a C'Thraxxi, N'raqi, or some other minion of an Old God. "Shul-Nagruth" does seem to echo Shub-Niggurath, though. Perhaps something in the same general vein as Il'gynoth or Iso'rath?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just the looks of it in the View in 3D tab screams Old God. Maybe we will find the Blood Trolls are actually worshipping a different Old God beneath Zandalar.

Deleted
    There are also two N'Zoth abilities datamined.

I wonder how soon the AvH will turn into All vs Old Gods.

Deleted
    I doubt it'll be a fall blown old god. Chronicles cemented the number and changing your lore bible within 3 years of it's publication seems a little stupid.

Defo a minion at the very least. Ashara is present so Nzoth is a player in bfa. Makes sense others in his army would be present

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    There are also two N'Zoth abilities datamined.

I wonder how soon the AvH will turn into All vs Old Gods.
    Could just be Dadgar recruits us to deal with it while the faction war continues regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I doubt it'll be a fall blown old god. Chronicles cemented the number and changing your lore bible within 3 years of it's publication seems a little stupid.
    Nope. I read it and realized it stopped short of actually telling us how many Old Gods landed on Azeroth. What it did do with certainty is show us the territories of the Old Gods when the Titans arrived. If other Old Gods existed before and had been consumed by their brethren, they wouldn't show up on the map or in discussions of the primary battles against the Old Gods.

However, this Shul-Nagruth might just be G'huun's equivalent to Il'gynoth. A growth from an Old God.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds extremely Old God-ish.

With the existence of Xal'atath and G'huun, and tidbits like the Tablet of Ryun'eh, there could be any number of Old Gods or remnants of Old Gods hanging around Azeroth locked away in Titan prisons or buried deep or so forth. The big four could just be the biggest and most well-known. Though it might also be an especially large servant like Iso'rath, such entities can be extremely large and have all their own eyeballs, maws, and tentacles and so forth.

The name is a pretty direct reference to the Cthulhu Mythos deity Shub-Niggurath. Here's my favorite depiction of her:

I guess we'll seeee...

Then there is this from the puzzle box: "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside." And Shub-Niggurath is sometimes referred to as an outer god. So perhaps Shul-Nagruth is an old god from another world invading Azeroth.

Always thought the 5th Old God's name would be related to Azathoth but Yog's wife is just as cool.

We could also be seeing new Old God coming from somewhere else, the Arrakoa can summon Old Gods so many the Blood Trolls can too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    People need to stop taking Chronicles as the bible.

Chronicles tells us what we know at the time of it's publication. It does not tell us things we did not already, or should not already know. It can't reveal an accurate number of old gods, because we do not know how many old gods are on Azeroth.

Additionally, it only mentions the Black Empire. I imagine it is possible that there were old gods that were NOT part of the Black Empire. After all, even the Black Empire itself fell apart over time, with each of the Old Gods ultimately wanting to control the world itself instead of sharing it.
    We talked about it in g'huun's thread, chronicle stated only the number aggramar found when he came to azeroth. We were speculating about possible other old gods consumed by the 4 we knew of

A black goat with seven heads, seven eyes and a female personality.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Looks like an Il'Gynoth thing. Not necessarily an Old God but an Old God minion.

It's master Wrathion's true form.

His schemes are coming to fruition now that his lie has drawn the boy-king to sit at his table.

Two more lies will be told.

If Shul = Shub, then Ghuun could be larval stage of her offspring, or even a piece of this Shul.

Armory^

People need to stop taking Chronicles as the bible.

Chronicles tells us what we know at the time of it's publication. It does not tell us things we did not already, or should not already know. It can't reveal an accurate number of old gods, because we do not know how many old gods are on Azeroth.

Additionally, it only mentions the Black Empire. I imagine it is possible that there were old gods that were NOT part of the Black Empire. After all, even the Black Empire itself fell apart over time, with each of the Old Gods ultimately wanting to control the world itself instead of sharing it.
    Chronicle does NOT tell us what WE know. Chronicle is written as omniscient. Our characters had no clue about every detail of things outside of Azeroth much less those things on it. There we plenty in Chronicle that we as players did not know. So, no, you're completely wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    We talked about it in g'huun's thread, chronicle stated only the number aggramar found when he came to azeroth. We were speculating about possible other old gods consumed by the 4 we knew of
    No it did not. That's a flat out lie. Chronicle explicitly stated the arrival of them and by name.

We can't be told things which have not yet been revealed.
    The Pantheon's defeat was revealed to us in Chronicle, before it was told to us in game. The Chronicle is just that, a book that chronicles the events in Warcraft universe, beginning right at its inception. Omitting such a crucial knowledge, knowledge being there were more Old Gods on Azeroth than the original four, defeats its purpose. If Blizzard decides to make G'huun an Old God, then it's a retcon. Which makes it doubly hilarious since Chronicle was meant to be the retcon that ends all retcons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

It's a boss in South Park: The Fractured But Whole.

I'd have hoped that C'thun would have been the only Lovecraft reference I could have easily guessed. Yogg-saron, Y'shaarj and N'zoth are different enough. This one is just as bad.

So either that spell didn't happen, or their spirits didn't get sent hurtling towards Azeroth, seeing as Sargeras then captures them and tortures them despite never having a major force succeed in invading Azeroth until the Broken Shore, nevermind the Keeper's sanctums. Thus, retconned.
    Or they hurtled towards, through, and past Azeroth after the Keepers proved unable to hold them.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It's a boss in South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
    Aw, man, I was going to say that.