Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Old Gods were always in our future for BFA. It's just a question of when.
    #TeamLegion

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Old Gods were always in our future for BFA. It's just a question of when.
    Do you think there is any tie between G'huun, Shul-Nagruth, and Xal'atath? Do you think we'll see Shul-Nagruth herself in the future?
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

i hope its xal'ataths pre-knaifu name.

and that experimenting with her corpse was what ultimately led to turning whatever loa the titans used into g'huun.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    Do you think there is any tie between G'huun, Shul-Nagruth, and Xal'atath? Do you think we'll see Shul-Nagruth herself in the future?
    I doubt there are any ties at all. G'hunn just seems to be it's own thing(5th old god or not).
    #TeamLegion

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Well, Shub-Niggurath is the name for HP Lovecraft's Black Goat of the Woods - which is well known to be the idea behind Y'Shaarj. Although there is discussion that Y'Shaarj is a mixture of two of HP Lovecraft's Old Ones. So, I don't think they would use this name for another old god considering it's so close to the original which they've already used... it is most likely the name of the underlings. Like C'thun had the Cthraxxi and Yogg-Saron had the Faceless. It could be the name for the ones serving the Old God creature in Zandalar, but probably the names of the ones serving N'Zoth.

Alternatively, could be the name of underlings/creatures serving an Old God lieutenant, like for example, Uul-gyneth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsword View Post
    Then there is this from the puzzle box: "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside." And Shub-Niggurath is sometimes referred to as an outer god. So perhaps Shul-Nagruth is an old god from another world invading Azeroth.
    The only issue with this, is that Y'Shaarj was the reference black goat with seven eyes. If you see art of Y'Shaarj he has seven eyes, and some drawings seem to have seven heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraiya View Post
    Well, Shub-Niggurath is the name for HP Lovecraft's Black Goat of the Woods - which is well known to be the idea behind Y'Shaarj. Although there is discussion that Y'Shaarj is a mixture of two of HP Lovecraft's Old Ones. So, I don't think they would use this name for another old god considering it's so close to the original which they've already used... it is most likely the name of the underlings. Like C'thun had the Cthraxxi and Yogg-Saron had the Faceless. It could be the name for the ones serving the Old God creature in Zandalar, but probably the names of the ones serving N'Zoth.

Alternatively, could be the name of underlings/creatures serving an Old God lieutenant, like for example, Uul-gyneth.
    Uul'gyneth, not Uul-gyneth.

and.... well, Y'shaarj has seven eyes and seven heads. but Y'Shaarj's appearance is suggestive of a Serpent rather than a Goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeraiya View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The only issue with this, is that Y'Shaarj was the reference black goat with seven eyes. If you see art of Y'Shaarj he has seven eyes, and some drawings seem to have seven heads.
    Maybe Y'Shaarj changed/evolved into that look after consuming the remains of Shul-Nagruth's body and the artwork we see is not how he looked originally prior to that event.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    and.... well, Y'shaarj has seven eyes and seven heads. but Y'Shaarj's appearance is suggestive of a Serpent rather than a Goat.
    Some people suggest that the image on the card is just one of the seven heads, and it's not his only head. Hard to say. There are other drawings within the game (that are stylized) where it looks more seven-headed. I don't think something with seven eyes would just be a random old gold and not related to the seven themed Old One in Lovecraft.