Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    37,136
    Old Gods were always in our future for BFA. It's just a question of when.
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Old Gods were always in our future for BFA. It's just a question of when.
    Do you think there is any tie between G'huun, Shul-Nagruth, and Xal'atath? Do you think we'll see Shul-Nagruth herself in the future?
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

  3. #103
    Old God Arafal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Stormsong Valley
    Posts
    10,574
    i hope its xal'ataths pre-knaifu name.

    and that experimenting with her corpse was what ultimately led to turning whatever loa the titans used into g'huun.

  4. #104
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    37,136
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    Do you think there is any tie between G'huun, Shul-Nagruth, and Xal'atath? Do you think we'll see Shul-Nagruth herself in the future?
    I doubt there are any ties at all. G'hunn just seems to be it's own thing(5th old god or not).
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  5. #105
    Well, Shub-Niggurath is the name for HP Lovecraft's Black Goat of the Woods - which is well known to be the idea behind Y'Shaarj. Although there is discussion that Y'Shaarj is a mixture of two of HP Lovecraft's Old Ones. So, I don't think they would use this name for another old god considering it's so close to the original which they've already used... it is most likely the name of the underlings. Like C'thun had the Cthraxxi and Yogg-Saron had the Faceless. It could be the name for the ones serving the Old God creature in Zandalar, but probably the names of the ones serving N'Zoth.

    Alternatively, could be the name of underlings/creatures serving an Old God lieutenant, like for example, Uul-gyneth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsword View Post
    Then there is this from the puzzle box: "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside." And Shub-Niggurath is sometimes referred to as an outer god. So perhaps Shul-Nagruth is an old god from another world invading Azeroth.
    The only issue with this, is that Y'Shaarj was the reference black goat with seven eyes. If you see art of Y'Shaarj he has seven eyes, and some drawings seem to have seven heads.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeraiya View Post
    Well, Shub-Niggurath is the name for HP Lovecraft's Black Goat of the Woods - which is well known to be the idea behind Y'Shaarj. Although there is discussion that Y'Shaarj is a mixture of two of HP Lovecraft's Old Ones. So, I don't think they would use this name for another old god considering it's so close to the original which they've already used... it is most likely the name of the underlings. Like C'thun had the Cthraxxi and Yogg-Saron had the Faceless. It could be the name for the ones serving the Old God creature in Zandalar, but probably the names of the ones serving N'Zoth.

    Alternatively, could be the name of underlings/creatures serving an Old God lieutenant, like for example, Uul-gyneth.
    Uul'gyneth, not Uul-gyneth.



    and.... well, Y'shaarj has seven eyes and seven heads. but Y'Shaarj's appearance is suggestive of a Serpent rather than a Goat.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeraiya View Post
    Well, Shub-Niggurath is the name for HP Lovecraft's Black Goat of the Woods - which is well known to be the idea behind Y'Shaarj. Although there is discussion that Y'Shaarj is a mixture of two of HP Lovecraft's Old Ones. So, I don't think they would use this name for another old god considering it's so close to the original which they've already used... it is most likely the name of the underlings. Like C'thun had the Cthraxxi and Yogg-Saron had the Faceless. It could be the name for the ones serving the Old God creature in Zandalar, but probably the names of the ones serving N'Zoth.

    Alternatively, could be the name of underlings/creatures serving an Old God lieutenant, like for example, Uul-gyneth.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The only issue with this, is that Y'Shaarj was the reference black goat with seven eyes. If you see art of Y'Shaarj he has seven eyes, and some drawings seem to have seven heads.
    Maybe Y'Shaarj changed/evolved into that look after consuming the remains of Shul-Nagruth's body and the artwork we see is not how he looked originally prior to that event.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    and.... well, Y'shaarj has seven eyes and seven heads. but Y'Shaarj's appearance is suggestive of a Serpent rather than a Goat.
    Some people suggest that the image on the card is just one of the seven heads, and it's not his only head. Hard to say. There are other drawings within the game (that are stylized) where it looks more seven-headed. I don't think something with seven eyes would just be a random old gold and not related to the seven themed Old One in Lovecraft.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •