1. #1

    Scourgelord Tyrannicus

    I'm not sure if this sheet is buggy, changed or just blizzarded, but didn't he used to slow down when he casts unholy power (makes him do more damage)? Now he actually speeds up so it's unavoidable. Quite fun tanking that in this ruined timewalking event.
    Vengeance moves with the Gilneas briGAADE.

  2. #2
    Pit of Saron boss, yeah? Kite him through the ice.

  3. #3
    That's what did, but I'm pretty sure even the tooltip says he slows down by 50%. He just sped up.
    Vengeance moves with the Gilneas briGAADE.

  4. #4
    I tanked this boss twice yesterday and kiting him through the ice slows him down. I didn't notice anything buggy about the fight. Try positioning your back to an ice patch beforehand so when he knocks you back he has to run right through it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I tanked this boss twice yesterday and kiting him through the ice slows him down. I didn't notice anything buggy about the fight. Try positioning your back to an ice patch beforehand so when he knocks you back he has to run right through it.
    So did he slow down during unholy might for you? The ability is supposed to increase his damage by 75% and slow him down by 50% so you can outrun it. Now he actually started running faster during it so I had to use the ice.

    That wasn't the only buggy fight though. In HOL the boss hp pools were just funky. The 3rd boss had more than twice more hp than the others for no reason. In utgarde they propably forgot to scale the place as everything just exploded.
    Last edited by shuubi; 2018-02-14 at 06:19 PM.
    Vengeance moves with the Gilneas briGAADE.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord pionock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lexington Park, MD
    Posts
    954
    I thought that was the purpose of the ice patches, so when he goes berserk he runs faster so you must kite him. I can't remember the original, it's been awhile.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    I thought that was the purpose of the ice patches, so when he goes berserk he runs faster so you must kite him. I can't remember the original, it's been awhile.
    This is correct. He never slowed down, he knocks you back, casts his buff, and runs at you. You need to kite him through the ice or he does not move slower.

    You were not supposed to be able to kite him unless you pulled him through the ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    So did he slow down during unholy might for you? The ability is supposed to increase his damage by 75% and slow him down by 50% so you can outrun it. Now he actually started running faster during it so I had to use the ice.
    He has always increased his speed during that. The entire point was to use the ice patches to kite him if you needed to do that.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    So did he slow down during unholy might for you? The ability is supposed to increase his damage by 75% and slow him down by 50% so you can outrun it. Now he actually started running faster during it so I had to use the ice.

    That wasn't the only buggy fight though. In HOL the boss hp pools were just funky. The 3rd boss had more than twice more hp than the others for no reason. In utgarde they propably forgot to scale the place as everything just exploded.
    You do realize Scourgelord Tyrannus was known for being the first dungeon boss with more than 1 million health? Not counting Ley-Guardian Eregos who was fought via drakes.
    Are you so eager to get rekt? Look then upon the countless faces of your triggered.

    Rise up, Dank Meme Horde! Bring you memechief their heads.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    You do realize Scourgelord Tyrannus was known for being the first dungeon boss with more than 1 million health? Not counting Ley-Guardian Eregos who was fought via drakes.
    He did by no world talk about the health of Scourgelord...

  11. #11
    He has always increased his speed during that. The entire point was to use the ice patches to kite him if you needed to do that.
    Hm. Scoulda sworn I used to just kite that back in the days (with no ice), but I guess I'm wrong then. The tooltip for Unholy might does after all say "Empowers the caster with dark might, increasing physical damage by 100% but reducing movement speed by 50% for 10 sec."


    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    You do realize Scourgelord Tyrannus was known for being the first dungeon boss with more than 1 million health? Not counting Ley-Guardian Eregos who was fought via drakes.
    I was talking about Halls of lightning and Utgarde keep.
    Vengeance moves with the Gilneas briGAADE.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Marston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    You do realize Scourgelord Tyrannus was known for being the first dungeon boss with more than 1 million health? Not counting Ley-Guardian Eregos who was fought via drakes.
    THat's not the issue. I went to Halls of Lightning yesterday. The first oss has ~680k life with his two adds having ~360k each or so. The second boss has around 850k. The third boss has 1,8 million. And the final boss, Loken, only has a bit over 1 million health.

    It's especially weird because all enemies have around 3-4x the HP they had back in wrath (around 63k on normal heroic mobs back then), yet the only boss close to this HP transition is the third one with his 1,8 million HP (compared to ~380k-560k bosses had back then). The other bosses died within seconds (especially with blood lust), the only boss that actually felt like a proper boss was the one with 1,8 million life. I haven't been to other dungeons yet, but it seems scaling still isn't really where it should be.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    THat's not the issue. I went to Halls of Lightning yesterday. The first oss has ~680k life with his two adds having ~360k each or so. The second boss has around 850k. The third boss has 1,8 million. And the final boss, Loken, only has a bit over 1 million health.

    It's especially weird because all enemies have around 3-4x the HP they had back in wrath (around 63k on normal heroic mobs back then), yet the only boss close to this HP transition is the third one with his 1,8 million HP (compared to ~380k-560k bosses had back then). The other bosses died within seconds (especially with blood lust), the only boss that actually felt like a proper boss was the one with 1,8 million life. I haven't been to other dungeons yet, but it seems scaling still isn't really where it should be.
    Utgarde keep is scaled really weirdly too, if at all. Everything gets mowed down as quickly as they did before.
    Vengeance moves with the Gilneas briGAADE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •