Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    what the hell is that raider.io, I can see you can check progress on website, is there actually an addon too, just like gearscore in the past?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    what the hell is that raider.io, I can see you can check progress on website, is there actually an addon too, just like gearscore in the past?
    Yes, there's an addon: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/raiderio

    Shows the Raider.io score in tooltip. Really useful for forming M+ groups.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    Yes, there's an addon: https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/raiderio

    Shows the Raider.io score in tooltip. Really useful for forming M+ groups.
    jesus, back to gear score again

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    jesus, back to gear score again
    Well, "Gear Score" is there anyway, since it shows your ilvl. Only difference is that it shows what you've got in bags and not what you've got equipped.
    However, M+ score, while definitely having it's flaws, is a much better metric to show if someone is desirable to have in the group or not.

  5. #85
    GearScore is a better measure of someone's gear level than item level, if anything.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Nope. When I started my own group on a Hunter, it got filled up pretty fast and we cleared the thing in no time.
    ^^ This. A thousand times this.

    If there's no one accepting you you start your own group and move on. No excuses.

    Invite people below your ilevel. Take the chance you say people deny you.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Saulburn View Post
    ^^ This. A thousand times this.

    If there's no one accepting you you start your own group and move on. No excuses.

    Invite people below your ilevel. Take the chance you say people deny you.
    People seem afraid purely based on how they think others might react when they start their own group.

    The secret to starting your own pug is to just list your group, fake it a little and just get the thing going.
    The dungeon run will figure itself out, no need to worry about what people might do or think beforehand.
    Your income seldom exceeds your personal development.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2vrNIH9kI

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    People seem afraid purely based on how they think others might react when they start their own group.

    The secret to starting your own pug is to just list your group, fake it a little and just get the thing going.
    The dungeon run will figure itself out, no need to worry about what people might do or think beforehand.
    And if you crash and burn your key will not disappear. It will be lower and easier. So you can relist it and use what you learned with your mistakes.

    There's no excuse to claim you're not doing content because of others.

  9. #89
    I think you guys kind of miss the point that the reason people choose to do others keys is that you only need to do 1 a week for your max chest, and you can choose what dungeons you do.

    I think everyone is already aware that you can start your own group with your own key if necessary. But it's not nearly as good a solution as joining a different group.

    It wouldn't nearly as much of an issue if keys didn't delevel in your chest. I am not sure what the point of that is even. If I do a +15 key last week I should get a +15 key in my chest, not a +14. It's really annoying to have to relevel it first to get the max level chest. That's why everyone is looking to join a different group rather than use their own key.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I think you guys kind of miss the point that the reason people choose to do others keys is that you only need to do 1 a week for your max chest, and you can choose what dungeons you do.
    If someone wants to cherry pick a readymade 15 key in a favourable dungeon they'd better be the best player to pick from the heap. Someone undergeared or lacking other qualities pugs are looking for (m+ score, raider.io, achievement, preferable class, cunning to convince a pug leader to let them in... you name it) can't be picky. Supply and demand. If you lack what it takes to be the first pick for a pug, just settle on pushing a 14 key or doing unpopular dungeon.

    You can choose to go the slower, but surer way to get your stuff done, or keep spamming queue into keys "you want" but no one really cares to pick you. And then complain you spent 3 hours in lfg and didn't get your stuff done.

    If I have ready made 15 key in non crap dungeon and especially have a tank or healer in the group, I'll get 30+ dps queuing in less than 5 minutes. Because most people are, in fact, lazy and don't wanna do double dungeon or that teeming, explosive, fortified lower kara. No matter what criteria the keyholder uses, 90% of these people will be declined, because you only have 3 dps slots.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If someone wants to cherry pick a readymade 15 key in a favourable dungeon they'd better be the best player to pick from the heap. Someone undergeared or lacking other qualities pugs are looking for (m+ score, raider.io, achievement, preferable class, cunning to convince a pug leader to let them in... you name it) can't be picky. Supply and demand. If you lack what it takes to be the first pick for a pug, just settle on pushing a 14 key or doing unpopular dungeon.

    You can choose to go the slower, but surer way to get your stuff done, or keep spamming queue into keys "you want" but no one really cares to pick you. And then complain you spent 3 hours in lfg and didn't get your stuff done.

    If I have ready made 15 key in non crap dungeon and especially have a tank or healer in the group, I'll get 30+ dps queuing in less than 5 minutes. Because most people are, in fact, lazy and don't wanna do double dungeon or that teeming, explosive, fortified lower kara. No matter what criteria the keyholder uses, 90% of these people will be declined, because you only have 3 dps slots.
    Thanks for mansplaining a bunch of things everyone already knows.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Thanks for mansplaining a bunch of things everyone already knows.
    Except the people who apparently claim "making your own group" is such a bad advice.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Except the people who apparently claim "making your own group" is such a bad advice.
    Is it bad advice? No. Is it condescending and pointless advice? Yes.

    Surely you are able to understand why people prefer not to make their own groups right? For a start it takes at least twice as long to get your +15 chest locked away each week if you push your own key to 15 each week. And that assumes you never get an aids dungeon or fail to make the timer in your 14.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Is it bad advice? No. Is it condescending and pointless advice? Yes.

    Surely you are able to understand why people prefer not to make their own groups right? For a start it takes at least twice as long to get your +15 chest locked away each week if you push your own key to 15 each week. And that assumes you never get an aids dungeon or fail to make the timer in your 14.
    "Prefer not to" is fine. "Refuse to do so despite all other options failed and then complain how no one invites them" is another story. I prefer to take a bus to the other side of the town rather than walk on foot, but if for some reason it's impossible to get on the bus, walking is still an option.

    And nop, the point of telling people that is not to mock them, but to actually tell them this works. The difference is when me and handful of friends tried to make a raid pug - no one would queue into a small group, it just wouldn't go. But when we tried the same for m+, it worked just fine. Yes, it's more effort in comparison to having an optimal key provided to you, but it's way less effort than people paint it to be.

    In the end, the only effort free route is to have a full premade of friends / guildies (and still at least one of you needs to have done a 16+ previous week). But some people classify maintaining a friendlist or belonging to a guild as effort too. Farming up raider.io score is effort as well, if someone wants a ticket to better pugs.

    Yes, people are asking for the path of least resistance. And it actually might be making your own group and doing these 2 dungeons per week as opposed to jumping through all the hoops and being lucky to get into a pug. Since people who have this issue are not those who are already easily invited into pugs. And yes, your group can fail to upgrade a +14. However nothing guarantees that pug you joined won't disband at the first boss.

    I'm actually curious what would you consider a non-condescending advice to a person who asks "I have mediocre gear, low m+ score, no friends or guild to help, how do I go around to get my weekly m+ done?"
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-03-08 at 05:58 AM.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I'm actually curious what would you consider a non-condescending advice to a person who asks "I have mediocre gear, low m+ score, no friends or guild to help, how do I go around to get my weekly m+ done?"
    Nobody's asking that though. You're just giving the condescending advice even though nobody asked.

    People are complaining about raider.io scores because it punishes your score for skipping certain dungeons. We are all already well aware how starting your own group works.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-03-08 at 08:35 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •